The Line

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The line is now essentially below 4th. We are +39. United +12. Takes a 9 goal swing per match and 3 wins for United to knock us out of 4th now :allitongue: That's a nice positive from a gloomy week. Beat the Chavs and we confirm top 3 :) :dembelefingers:

Totally agree with that. Gonna be a blast

( unless City drop out of top 4 and Liverpool win the Europa & we go into melt down :pochwtf:)

I don't think that's an issue now. For us to finish 4th and City below, Man Utd need to overtake us, almost impossible due to GD.

If we finish fourth it could only be with City ahead of us, so them winning the CL would be irrelevant.

It won't have moved above United yet.

Not while Spurs could technically turn the ball into their own net 30 times and lose all three games.

Edit: and I say this as someone who knows it's essentially in the bag - don't get me wrong!
:llorishuh:
Sorry forgot it could go Spursy and Rooney will smash 20 goals in 3 games, whilst we lose all three of ours and concede 10 and score none. :pochfacepalm:

What we talking here-The Line? Central line; Jonny cash Walk the Line; Police line up; Line your pockets; White line; A retail line; Halfway line; Line dancing; Straight Lines; End of line; Airline; Gasoline..etc you get the picture.

?

hqdefault.jpg

Head still banging!

Hope we've now gone past those Chav wankers. Sex Fibreglass being completely classless saying he did not want us to win the league. You're a professional footballer, not some fan and lets be honest you were a Woolwich leg-end but went to their second most hated rivals.

I don't want us to be loved like fairytale Leicester, but some acknowledgement that we are the best side in the league please.

Last edited:
Man U have to score 28 goals and win every game in order to finish above us.

City need to win both of their remaining games to finish above us, with us only needing two points from three games to finish above them.

So unless we somehow manage to not win one of our remaining games, we don't really need to worry about fourth spot. Realistically we're pretty much already past the qualifiers.

The only real threat is the scum leapfrogging us into second, which we need 5 points to prevent, assuming the scum win both remaining games (they'll almost certainly get at least three points against Villa). So a win and two draws or two wins. I think if we can get at least a point tomorrow that threat will be reduced, but I'd really like three points just to re-establish the gap.

assuming the scum win both remaining games (they'll almost certainly get at least three points against Villa). So a win and two draws or two wins. I think if we can get at least a point tomorrow that threat will be reduced, but I'd really like three points just to re-establish the gap.

Didn't realise it was possible to get more than three points in a game....
:freund:

The simple table doesn't take games played or yet to play into account, hence this type of error will crop up.
You should arrange the table in order of 1. Maximum possible points for each team. 2. Goal Difference.
So stop being lazy and fucking sort it out for next season!

That's not how it works. Thanks for playing though.

If City beat Woolwich we could actual lose both our games and finish above them on GD unless they put about 15 past Villa.

Exactly. I forgot who said it yesterday, but despite how anyone feels about the game, that one point could prove infinitely valuable. I have gone from unbelievably nervous to much more confident now that we'll retain 2nd after looking at the table and games left. It's not that I'm confident, just feeling better and I want two strong wins still.

Back
Top Bottom