The Football Ramble

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

linnet_spur said:
They started saying you can't have 33 teams in the CL...... who the hell is suggesting that?
Not me, but It's not like the champions league consists of league champions anyways.

Blanchflower said:
Raitei said:
I can deal with Football Weekly usually, but the one from Monday broke my heart when it showed up on my phone. Haven't and won't start it

I've listened to it, it's fine - quite balanced and they do say it's an unfair rule that we've been caught out by

They all (apart from the gooner bird) sound genuinely upset that Chelsea's anti football won the day as well

It's just the episode title, that and I listened to the intro. Had to turn it off.

Always hear anti-Spurs rhetoric from everyone. Every cunt hates us. It's true, we're the real NOLU club. If you don't support Spurs, fuck off.

Éperons said:
I could've sworn we were everyone's second team this year because of our attractive football.

Not my experience, living in London. Get dogs abuse from everyone, to the extent spammers and chelsea team up to slag me, scum and chelsea, etc. Even Palace and Millwall.

I definitely don't recognise the sentiment of us being everyone's second team. I've heard anti-Spurs songs at Craven Cottage and Fratton Park when we weren't even playing there (or in the same league). I hate the lot of em.

Weird. I feel like I heard/read it recently, but haven't spoken about football (in English) with anyone in forever, nor have I really read much about Spurs in forever, either (limiting myself mostly to this forum and headline scanning).

Maybe there was a joke about it on the podcast?

I'd like to reiterate what's already been said. I tried to listen to it - there was a second dig at Spurs so I calmly deleted & unsubscribed.

I feel like they have been fair to Spurs over the season but that this episode was a chance to let it all out & they took it with both hands.

Not a massive loss, to be fair - it's like a less funny, less informative, more gimmicky Football Weekly but two days later. The historical aspect can be quite interesting, but other than that, no tears shed here.

I stopped listening to it after about the first 7 or so that I listened to. Just a bunch of geeks who think they're comedians, especially that Geordie prick and that twat who's on 5 Live occasionally. As for podcasts, I'm subscribed to TFC, Spurs Show (just for the ex-players to be honest), 5 Live Football Daily and Football Weekly. Can't stand Barry Glendenning, but the Guardian does have the best football journos, especially the foreign ones like Honigstein and Auclair. Unsubscribed from all of the non-Spurs ones the minute Drogba put that penalty in. No point putting ourselves through that.

As for the 4th place thing, I'm sorry, but we weren't cheated. UEFA give England 4 places, they don't give the team that finishes 4th a place. We all knew the rules. If Woolwich had finished 4th and then somehow been given a place in the Champions League, I'd be fucking screwing. THAT would be an injustice.

S.L.R said:
Every cunt hates us. It's true, we're the real NOLU club. If you don't support Spurs, fuck off.

That ^

Damn right, but they're cunts... so fuck 'em :parker:

Every London team hates every other london team. They just focus on us more often because we play the kind of football they want to see, Jealousy is a compliment. The more they hate us the more we're doing everything right!

Esperon: I have heard some of that sentiment from a fair few people, but it's never a supporter from another london team and besides i can never tell if they're just saying it because they're talking to me.

no they were cunts about us all year.

one of them subbed on world football phonein (great podcaste for world football) as w european expert. really showed himself up, knew no details and spoke in genalities. fat prick

r-u-s-x said:
no they were cunts about us all year.

one of them subbed on world football phonein (great podcaste for world football) as w european expert. really showed himself up, knew no details and spoke in genalities. fat prick

First time I heard it from them tbh, been listening since xmas, but they've always been pretty gracious, even the gooner. Well, except Luke Moore about Harry.

Back
Top Bottom