The Feds, yes, the F.B.I. have been arresting FIFA bigwigs in Zurich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blatters speech was superb . My opinion has changed . He's not a deluded , megalomaniac fantasist at all. He's just a man who is surrounded by evil people & he has been locked in his castle because he's being trying to stop all this corruption. .

I've never noticed how good looking he was before but "WOW"

So, I see some people are asking how the US Justice Department started investigating FIFA. I read in this morning's NY Times that the FBI was not investigating FIFA---it was investigating Russian organized crime---when it stumbled upon corruption at FIFA. God, how I hope this whole thing leads back to that cesspool of a club at Stamford Bridge.

Votes should be given on world rankings perhaps. Germany would have 209, and Anguilla 1.

Edit: Nah, fuck that.
My proposal and it's very back of a fag packet is if you have
1m or less pop 1 vote
1_3m 2 votes
3-10 m 3 votes
10-20 m 4 votes
20 million and above 5 votes

In addition were you are in the rankings will be added by taking ranking position and / 100 hence Germany would have 7.09 votes

England probably 6.89

So it rewards football success

Or a variation of the above

England should host the world cup.

Inventors of the game.

Home of the greatest league.

Home to the greatest team.

99.9% of people in this country love football (Official stat)

We have the greatest lower league's. Championship / League 1 / 2 are enjoyable and competitive.

It would not be hosted to expand the game, it would be hosted for people who love the game.

Easy country to travel around. Newcastle to Southampton is only 5 hours.

All countries would be able to access top quality training grounds without a penny being spent.

No stadiums would be required. Only a slight re-vamp of one or two.

Oh and we are England. It is our right to host this competition you corrupt swiss fucks.

And it would be held in the fucking summer!

My honest opinion is hope they vote blatter in then we're are faced with doomsday scenario.

Even if the other chap wins how can he affect change based on 1 member 1 vote. Why would some carraribian island of 80000 souls give up the chance to have the same power as Germany. The structure builds in the corruption. And it will mearly reassert.

We need the nuclear option mass resignation of as many major football powers as possible. The sponsers will flee and there will be no carcass left. Set up an alternative organisation Base it in the Hague with a proper constitution division of powers and a weighted voting system. This can only happen if blatter wins

Its totally bizarre that I live on an island with a population of around 65-70,000 people and its only claim to (footballing) fame was producing Clyde Best and Shaun Goater - and the football federation here holds as much sway as the FA's of Brazil, Germany, Italy, England, France etc etc

Blatter refuses to quit as president & vows 'to restore trust'. :dawsonlol:

Sepp Blatter has refused to resign as Fifa president following a request from Uefa chief Michel Platini.
The 79-year-old Swiss held an emergency meeting with key Fifa officials on Thursday after world football's governing body was subjected to yet more damaging corruption claims.
Platini then made a personal appeal for Blatter to quit but was told it was "too late" to resign. :dawsonlol:

Sepp Blatter: "I cannot monitor everyone all of the time... those who are corrupt in football are in a minority". :dawsonlol:

Blatter later vowed to restore trust in Fifa and "find a way to fix things". :dawsonlol:

Opening a meeting of Fifa's congress on the eve of Friday's presidential election, he said: "These are unprecedented and difficult times for Fifa.

"It must fall to me to uphold responsibility for the well-being of the organisation." :dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::dawsonlol::bmj:

Exactly. Not bad for 'back of a fag packet'. Are you Mike Bassett?
No ohh fuck Mike sorry mate.
article-2145571-002ED15C00000258-473_306x451.jpg

My proposal and it's very back of a fag packet is if you have
1m or less pop 1 vote
1_3m 2 votes
3-10 m 3 votes
10-20 m 4 votes
20 million and above 5 votes

In addition were you are in the rankings will be added by taking ranking position and / 100 hence Germany would have 7.09 votes

England probably 6.89

So it rewards football success

Or a variation of the above
So China and India suddenly have the same power as us? Still doesn't make sense

Can't be a population based voting system. Has no bearing on football in that given country.

Back
Top Bottom