The fall of Robert Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great piece. Hope we can support Bobby thoroughly when Dnipro comes to the lane, get behind him vocally and lets hope we can break this dry-spell and see the Soldier grab some goals to help us achieve CL football.

Good write up but ultimately, I feel that the pieces which point out the flaws need to offer a solution. I'm not saying there is an easy one that we can see, though.

Good point on losing our focal attacking player, year after year; our player turnover has been absurd. We've basically had an entirely new squad bought in over two years. Soldado isn't and can never be that - but I feel like not playing to his strengths is like having a Rolls in the garage which you don't want to use because you're opposed to diesel.

Finally, that opening is puntastic.

Liked the piece, and I liked what I thought was a good understanding with Eriksen (now producing) last night. Maybe some game time together will see this (Soldado) prosper?

COYS!!

Be real, he wont get his chance this season. Too close, cant take chances. Timmy will play emmanuel till the end, because now, everbody knows that this is the safe way. No risks.
Question is, will bobby be at the lane next season?

The article should be titled " The fall and RISE of Robert Soldado"

He had a good game on Thur and was unfortunate not to score. The pitch was awful. The article is correct in its dissection of his time at Spurs. I feel other factors have got In the way and some players around him are not good enough to support his play. We must keep faith with him, he will be our saviour. Maybe he's the chosen one.

He is a quality player you cannot deny it. His touch, movement and passing is exceptional, but we thought we were buying a goal machine and it hasn't happened. :avbshock:

I'm not giving up on him though, because he was the one striker I wanted and he has kept going. COYS. Keep the faith. He's too good not to turn it round!!

Soldado didn't understand what his future was supposed to be. he should have been our Fernando Torres, to come, to score a shitload of goals and (most likely) get sold for a shitload of money a few seasons on to Man City, or Chelsea or United, where he would have failed miserably, cause he's not the "all star club" type of player. so what's he doing, how could he not see this?...

Back
Top Bottom