Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant result brilliant prefomace but most importantly this is not Spurs playing out of their skin. This is Tottenham the hardest team in England to beat. We are genuine title contenders

The result proves how important our summer transfer business was. Last season, if Dembele and Dier were out, our centre mid would have been Mason and Carroll.

Wanyama was superb today, he is a great replacement for Dier and gets forward like Dembele. Sissoko was brilliant also.

tumblr_oefbeoXz421v9e6vko1_1280.jpg

I'm really not surprised by our win and performance, I was nervous that if we missed this opportunity the rest of the league might treat City as being unbeatable and just let them walk the league. Now everyone of them can see playing them is nothing to be scared of.

We made them look so average in the first half, reminded me of when we turned up to Dortmund last year and got a lesson.

Wanyama was excellent.......where's that City fan that was saying Fernandinho is the best defensive midfielder in the league?....

Every match report has a sub heading saying "Are Tottenham title contenders?"

Doesn't really need to be posed as a question. 2nd placed team beats the 'favourites' convincingly...
Driving home and Talksport didn't even discuss the game for the whole journey home. They were talking about Manu and get this, "Is that result at WHL good news for Liverpool"?, followed by hot topic of discussion and Liverpool fans phoning in to discuss.

Haha as I write this now Tony Evans on TS first comments about the game are "Tottenham have got a problem over their mentality, just look at the penalty incident" What a fucking Scouse cunt.

Now that's how you make a statement..

What an absolute pleasure it is to watch this team. We controlled this from the first minute,everyone of them was outstanding.
I remember watching us against Man City under AVB, I looked at the clock and thought fuck me we have 75mins left of this, please blow up now..Today, I looked at the clock with 10 minutes left, we were beating Man City 2-0 and should be wishing for the final whistle, all I was thinking was, shit only 10 minutes left, I want this to go on because I knew they would not break us down.

The mentality of this team is top notch as is the effort and team spirit. We have a very special group of players and a very special manager.
I can't praise each and every player up enough.. Sissoko, Wanyama, Son etc etc etc.. all first class and all deserve to sit in that dressing room knowing they totally outplayed this seasons stand out team..

No doubt the media will be saying Man City were off their game blah blah blah.. I made the mistake of listening to talksport thinking that it would all be about how well we played but all they could concentrate on was how embarrassing it was when Son and Lamela squabbled over who should take the pen..
Even that or yet another Woolwich late none goal won't take away the enjoyment I had sitting there watching us destroy Man City..

Pity it's International break time...

What is the right approach here then? Play them at their own game? Sit back and play on the break?
I think we should go for the throat from the first whistle and let the chips fall where they may. If we get hammered so be it, we will know where we are. I would rather that than sit back and lose 1-0.

Do we want to get recognition for being very good side or do we want to go unnoticed, not fancied as LC last season until the last few games? Im confused.
Why are some on here worried, agitated about what others are saying about us. Do we need to be liked?
I don't want any recognition yet as its too early in the season. i want us to perform as against City when we play everyone else. I want to go on a winning run , as LC winning each week because we have something genuine a spirit that wins games. Who cares what the bookies are fixing or the papers are saying. Lets win the PL then all of the nonsense doesn't matter.

We all know City are an excellent side with a top manager and some great players. Their pre-money fans are generally sound.
And they dont play in red.

But I am quietly confident for some reason which I can't put my finger on.

I think we will do them doggy-style (come from behind to win).

From bluemoon...
'Aguero has an awesome record against Spurs and their defending, while much improved under Pochettino, still leaves a lot to be desired. Much like ours in that sense and if they get their tails up early on then it'll be a very open game.'
You what mate we had the joint best defense last year and currently have not conceded from open play.

Back
Top Bottom