Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

-------------------------------Lloris------------------------------
Walker--------Alderweirld----Vertonghen-----------Rose
----------------------------Dier---Benteleb--------------------
-------Son----------------------Alli--------------------Eriksen-
----------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Rose and walker will get absolutely destroyed if Poch goes full on Ossie.

A lot have short memories of what happened to Dier and co when Poch swapped Lamela into Mason's position.

For those wanting Mason and Dembele dropped, careful what you wish for. The new guys should replace whoever plays bad after 50 mins or so. Eriksen has form and fitness issues so perhaps put Son behind Kane to start. But playing both the new guys is risky. Especially when Chadli is scoring and assisting.

If Dembele is injured then perhaps Njie should start. But fingers crossed he does not mince around like Townsend or Lamela off the ball or we will be back to soft Spurs and Walker out posts.

Last edited:

A lot pronounced short memories of what happened to Dier and co when Poch swapped Lamela into Mason's position.

For those wanting Mason and Dembele dropped, careful what you wish for.
I'm a big fan of Dembele.

We need to kick start this season though and it needs something like this. Anyone remember the last quarter of the 09/10 season when we needed a little boost and Redknapp decided to go 4-4-2..lennon and Bale on the wings and 2 out and out strikers up front. It shouldn't really work against teams like Gooner scum and Chelski who pack the midfield but it did.

Got to admit I'm nervous about this one. On paper we should rinse them but you just know Kaboul is going to have his one unbreachable game of the season and Defoe is bound to pop up with a goal.

Of course I'm being a pessimist but if be far more confident if we werent going into this looking for our first win.

Hopefully we will get to see Sonny amd he as good as we all hope!!

[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Dier, Bentaleb, Son, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

[formation=442, Lloris, Walker, Alderw'd, Vert'n, Davies, mason, Dier, Bentaleb, Erikson, Son, Kane ][/formation]

I would like to see Chadli in there possibly replacing Erikson.

for me 4-4-2 forever...They can interchange, interact, intercourse whatever's necessary to get the result?

Last edited:
Say What ? There's a game of football?, what like a proper match and everything?

I thought it was all about what the Chairman and Owners were up to..I guess the games must just be a side show of the important issues that happen at a FOOTBALL club?

We need a win now, four games without one has left me desperately craving 3 points, and that satisfying feeling of victory which, to be honest, i've vaguely forgotten what the sensation feels like.
Don't care how or why, just WIN MOFOS FFS!

A lot have short memories of what happened to Dier and co when Poch swapped Lamela into Mason's position.

For those wanting Mason and Dembele dropped, careful what you wish for. The new guys should replace whoever plays bad after 50 mins or so. Eriksen has form and fitness issues so perhaps put Son behind Kane to start. But playing both the new guys is risky. Especially when Chadli is scoring and assisting.

If Dembele is injured then perhaps Njie should start. But fingers crossed he does not mince around like Townsend or Lamela off the ball or we will be back to soft Spurs and Walker out posts.

Yes as long as it is between 50-60 mins not the last 3 like the Everton game!
:pocheyes:

Depends really, do you want him to get goals or assists? He gets more assists from the left and more goals from the middle.
He is best in the middle, especially in Poch's system. Don't agree with a lot of what gibbs131 says, but here he's been absolutely spot on. Eriksen isn't physical, nor brave enough, to fulfill the defensive duties of a wide attacker in Poch's system. You guys just wait and see when Son comes into the team, and we actually have someone capable of making runs.

There are some players who should now start to be understanding their role a little more but with Eriksen it is the coaches job to know the players best position. I'd sooner he played left until we have the right player to fill in there perhaps that player is Eriksen).

Thought Toby and Jan had their best game against Everton (Jan's injury time brain fart aside) so am hoping that with Dier also having his best game, this can be the start of some defensive solidity.

I'm going for a win but feel certain that either Defoe or Kaboul will score.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Toby, Verts, Rose, Dembele, Dier, Son, Mason, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Yes I'd go with that with maybe Eriksen instead of Chadli and it's about time we gave Wimmer a chance as Verts prone to costly mistakes, lucky against Everton for example!

Amazed in my earlier post Gibbsy disagreeing at me suggesting tactical substitutions be made between 50-60 mins rather than the last 3 but perhaps I shouldn't!

:chadliwtf:

So Dembele and Eriksen are still doubtful?
If so, then I'd go for:

Lloris
Walker - Toby - Verts - Rose
Bentaleb - Dier
Son - Mason - Chadli
Kane
Still a decent lineup, imo. And I also wouldn't mind if Alli gets a start ahead of either Bentaleb or Mason.
Also, hopefully N'jie (and Pritchard) come on as subs too.

1-3 (Kane, Mason, and Son!)

:smesh:

Back
Top Bottom