Sunderland Fanzine looking for a Spurs contributor for match preview.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello there, my name is Brian Cummins and I write for a Sunderland fanzine called The Roker Report.

I'm looking for a Spurs fan who'd be willing to prepare a few paragraphs 100-150 words for one of the sections in our match preview.

I'm after a well balanced piece which represents the current consensus among Tottenham fans with views on your start to the season, your transfer business, some your current positives and negatives.

It's unpaid unfortunately being a voluntary site but if anybody would be willing to provide me with this I'd be eternally grateful. You'll be named and thanked in the article and your forum will also get a mention.

Would anybody be willing to give this a crack?

PS. Thanks for Yedlin, gutted I've got to wait an extra week to see him.

Anybody coming up Sunday have a safe round trip :)

tumblr_lahh7dKHF71qbyqcv1.gif

Hello there, my name is Brian Cummins and I write for a Sunderland fanzine called The Roker Report.

I'm looking for a Spurs fan who'd be willing to prepare a few paragraphs 100-150 words for one of the sections in our match preview.

I'm after a well balanced piece which represents the current consensus among Tottenham fans with views on your start to the season, your transfer business, some your current positives and negatives.

It's unpaid unfortunately being a voluntary site but if anybody would be willing to provide me with this I'd be eternally grateful. You'll be named and thanked in the article and your forum will also get a mention.

I'll help and can hopefully provide a 'balanced' view of both positives and negatives.

Or, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman is the queen of calming everyone down after a bad result, bad performance or re-gaining a sense of reality etc. As well as having very good spelling, grammar and punctuation unlike me.

Alternatively, if you would like to have a laugh at our expense, Yorkshire_Spurs Yorkshire_Spurs is one funny fucker. Not sure that I would go as far as a modern day Shakespeare, more like George Orwell 1984 with a bit of humour thrown-in for good measure.

SpursLegend SpursLegend or Millbanks Millbanks are the two best looking forum members, if you needed a picture of a very good looking young man/men to go with it.

Seriously, I'm more than happy to help and will seek some forum member feedback before sending you the final edit.

Last edited:
It's just to give our readers a bit of incite into what's going on at spurs. Humor is fine but balance is vital, if anyone is prepared to put their name to it, I'm sure it will be fine.Famous last words :p

I'll help and can hopefully provide a 'balanced' view of both positives and negatives.

Or, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman is the queen of calming everyone down after a bad result, bad performance or re-gaining a sense of reality etc. As well as having very good spelling, grammar and punctuation unlike me.

Alternatively, if you would like to have a laugh at our expense, Yorkshire_Spurs Yorkshire_Spurs is one funny fucker. Not sure that I would go as far as a modern day Shakespeare, more like George Orwell 1984 with a bit of humour thrown-in for good measure.

SpursLegend SpursLegend or Millbanks Millbanks are the two best looking forum members, if you needed a picture of a very good looking young man/men to go with it.

Seriously, I'm more than happy to help and will seek some forum member feedback before sending you the final edit.
Happy to help with the editing :)

gibbs131 says he volunteers but is too shy to say. Private message him for it, I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that he is the voice of this site, our club and all that is spursy.

Spurs are currently drawing their way to the title with a newly solidified and eerily safe looking back five, along with a juddering attack where we've yet to see any of our new toys from the summer. There is a rare concensus amongst Spurs fans that we dropped a bollock by not buying back up for Harry Kane, currently our only striking option following the juju fuelled exile of Adebayor. Hopefully we'll see the introduction of the direct and ambidextrous Heung Min Son fresh from Bayer Leverkusen, a winger who's scored 33 goals in his last three seasons in the Bundesliega, only four goals behind Marko Reus.

It's been a frustrating start to the season, unjustly losing to Man U on the opening day, looking fantastic for 65 minutes and 2 goals up against Stoke at home only for Stephen Zinedine Ireland to have the game of his life to help Stoke deservedly claw back to a 2 all draw. We met Liecester in league winning form and managed to take the lead and shut up shop for all of 40 seconds, Jan Vertonghen looking particularly suspect in that game. We played well against Everton at home, Eric Dier starting to look like a romping holding midfielder, something he will have to be for us after not signing a defensive midfielder in the summer.

It's been a season in thorough need of a kick start for Spurs so far, hopefully a nervy Stadium of Light will be where it truly begins. Though given Spurs previous with ex players combined with a dreadfully out of form team in need of a boost, we're usually rather charitable.

Funky Bri

Last edited:
Here's your article,

We're gonna batter the mackem cunts. 3-0. Kane with all six. Defoe will probably score. You wannabe geordies are getting relegated. Fancy paying actual money for kaboul. Why are you obsessed with our exes? How does tottenhams cock taste northern boy? Have a good taste before we split you in half on Sunday. Fuck the haters.

200.gif

Spurs are currently drawing their way to the title with a newly solidified and eerily safe looking back five, along with a juddering attack where we've yet to see any of our new toys from the summer. There is a rare concensus amongst Spurs fans that we dropped a bollock by not buying back up for Harry Kane, currently our only striking option following the juju fuelled exile of Adebayor. Hopefully we'll see the introduction of the direct and ambidextrous Heung Min Son fresh from Bayer Leverkusen, a winger who's scored 33 goals in his last three seasons in the Bundesliega, only four goals behind Marko Reus.

It's been a frustrating start to the season, unjustly losing to Man U on the opening day, looking fantastic for 65 minutes and 2 goals up against Stoke at home only for Stephen Zinedine Ireland to have the game of his life to help Stoke deservedly claw back to a 2 all draw. We met Liecester in league winning form and managed to take the lead and hold fort for all of 40 seconds, Jan Vertonghen looking particularly suspect in that game. We played well against Everton at home, Eric Dier starting to look like a romping holding midfielder, something he will have to be for us after not signing a defensive midfielder in the summer.

It's been a season in thorough need of a kick start for Spurs so far, hopefully a nervy Stadium of Light will be where it truly begins. Though given Spurs previous with ex players combined with a dreadfully out of form team in need of a boost, we're usually rather charitable.

Funky Bri
Good, balanced account, just need to amend 'fort' to 'for' .... should have been a teacher!

Well balanced. Thoughtful. You've come to the right place.

Email [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom