Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Judging by what he's done at Barca so far there's hardly any indication that Vitor is even the future of Barca, despite of all the promise he arrived with from his performances in Brazil.
Xavi hardly plays him even when in need of goals - which they often are - and Barca seem to be ready to sell him after only 1 season.
And at 172 cm I don't think he's got much of a future as a CF in the EPL - but he can also play as a WF. For sure he's a player with plenty of potential - but potential alone is, as we all know, not enough...

Barca fans are furious with Xavi for not playing him.

He’s looked good with every chance he gets.

There are so many good players across the division at clubs outside the top 7/8 teams. Wharton, Olise, Guehi, Eze at palace, robinson at Fulham, Solanke, kerkez, scott at bournemouth, Toney, Mbuemo at Brentford, a load at Brighton, branthwaite at Everton, paqueta, Bowen, kudus at West Ham.

We dont really have to go far to easily improve the team.

There are so many good players across the division at clubs outside the top 7/8 teams. Wharton, Olise, Guehi, Eze at palace, robinson at Fulham, Solanke, kerkez, scott at bournemouth, Toney, Mbuemo at Brentford, a load at Brighton, branthwaite at Everton, paqueta, Bowen, kudus at West Ham.

Jacob Greaves & Morgan Whittaker would fit what we need

Buy both Olise and Eze, throw the kitchen sink.
I'd take both in a heartbeat!
Would probably push the likes of Kulu and Johnson down the pecking order a little to more like squad players, but so he it...

I'd take Kulu and Johnson as squad players, if it meant we had the likes of Olise and Eze in the first team...

They OOOOOOZE class the pair of them.

I see an Ossie & Ricky-style double swoop coming!

(But hopefully not like Etherington & Davies!!)

Why do you think they couldn't adjust to Angeball?

Olise isn't a winger that will go on the outside, so no I don't think he would

We would have to completely change tactics to have our fullbacks go outside not inside, considering how bad we have been recently and the lack of changing tactics, including him saying as much their won't be any changing

Unless we play him centrally, then why would we sign both

bus-conductor bus-conductor would know more tactically

Last edited:

We would turn every single one of them to a shitty shadow of themselves!

We've just witnessed an absolute masterclass from Olise and people are arguing if someone of his level can fit the system.

It's very simple, we need players who can help us in the final third. Olise would do that and improve us massively.

Absolute no brainer if we can get him.

most of those players are 60m a peice

Olise isn't a winger that will go on the outside, so no I don't think he would

We would have to completely change tactics to have our fullbacks go outside not inside, considering how bad we have been recently and the lack of changing tactics, including him saying as much their won't be any changing

Unless we play him centrally, then why would we sign both

bus-conductor bus-conductor would know more tactically
Fair points, but they both have the attributes to adjust to Ange's style.

Udogie went from a LWB to playing as an inverted full back. If the talent is there, players can do it.

No your using logic now, don't do that let's just sign all the good players forget about the system that we clearly aren't going to change
If this is a reference to Olise/Eze debate- I think there's a difference as Andersen does not have the attributes to play a high line- ie pace which he can't really improve on.
But that's different from Olise and Eze's tendency to drift in centrally, that can be modified with a tactical adjustment. They can both beat players with dribbling, it's not like they lack an attribute to be able to stay wide (imo).

If this is a reference to Olise/Eze debate- I think there's a difference as Andersen does not have the attributes to play a high line- ie pace which he can't really improve on.
But that's different from Olise and Eze's tendency to drift in centrally, that can be modified with a tactical adjustment. They can both beat players with dribbling, it's not like they lack an attribute to be able to stay wide (imo).

It's not reference to that it's reference to what a clown above posted

Tactical adjustable would be nice to see, but we have no evidence of that unfortunately, despite being on a losing run & the way he is talking in press conferences we will not see tactical adjustments like that

I think Olise & Eze are brilliant players and I'd love them to play their football here, but as I mentioned under this manager it just doesn't fit

If you want the manager to be backed then we need players that fit his system, if you just want the best players then this current manager won't be backed because he has very specific needs, this is an entirely different question

Edit: if we get one then I see that fit being Eze but not both

Back
Top Bottom