Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact he cost 60m. And You just know Levy wont be up for selling for 50% of the fee paid.

This is why I hate our transfer policy. 110m on Richarlison and Johnson. I would rather go 80m-100m on one player, and take a punt on a second player at 10-30m. Stop dabbing and poking at these players who cost 50-60m who make you wince to begin with. You dont need hindsight to see 60m on Richarlison was a bit iffy. Same can be said for Johnson.
But you don’t even need to spend that much to buy better. Look at all the alternatives there were to Johnson all cost less. For £60M we could have got a proven goal scorer from anywhere or even someone from the PL. we could have got Toney at the time for a lot less.

View: https://x.com/joelfc94/status/1785644150622232984?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Works his balls off without the ball and did this to Prem defenders as well.

If we aren’t winning to break the model for a Simons, Kvaratshkelia, Williams level player, it’s probably got to be Summerville for me

Good player but surely that should be a rotation option. There's no reason why we cant spend 50-60m on a top left winger, it's our main priority.

We need someone who can make the ball stick in the final third, take players on 1v1 and have good combination play to break down low blocks. That will cost money.

Good player but surely that should be a rotation option. There's no reason why we cant spend 50-60m on a top left winger, it's our main priority.

We need someone who can make the ball stick in the final third, take players on 1v1 and have good combination play to break down low blocks. That will cost money.

I think he’s good enough to start for us and tbh as good as any lW in the prem.

Maybe it would take him a few months to show it but I think he’d be more productive than Doku, Diaz, Grealish, Martinelli, who is Villas LW?

I think he’s good enough to start for us and tbh as good as any lW in the prem.

Maybe it would take him a few months to show it but I think he’d be more productive than Doku, Diaz, Grealish, Martinelli, who is Villas LW?
He might be, but his fee won't be that high.

Left wing is a position where we need to buy a starter, why not get him and another top left winger as well?

The other positions we need to strengthen in require players who can compete with the starters when they aren't doing well.

He might be, but his fee won't be that high.

Left wing is a position where we need to buy a starter, why not get him and another top left winger as well?

The other positions we need to strengthen in require players who can compete with the starters when they aren't doing well.
Guess it depends on Son.

If he’s staying and we sign a CF, then Son and another become our LWs.

If he were to go, we’d need 2 LW and a CF

We need to get rid of players. That’s been our issue over the last few years - the one in one out type of approach, always looking to balance the books in some way. The scum made sure that wee prick got the players he wanted in and out. Are we going to do that or is levy going to demand a fee for everyone

We need to get rid of players. That’s been our issue over the last few years - the one in one out type of approach, always looking to balance the books in some way. The scum made sure that wee prick got the players he wanted in and out. Are we going to do that or is levy going to demand a fee for everyone

We've let Aurier, Doherty, Lucas, Lloris all go for free over the last few seasons, the last time we balanced the books was in 2018 when we didn't buy anyone.

Possibly not but it’s surely a harder deal to get done for Osimhen so maybe the opportunity is there to get in early on Kvaratshkelia…

I doubt we are signing him as well but we do need a player that good

No because Napoli have already effectively sold Osimhen and have presumably already sounded out his replacement, Kvara isn't expected to be sold this Summer in fact they were talking about handing him a new contract.

Just gotta face the fact that that particular ship has sailed.

No because Napoli have already effectively sold Osimhen and have presumably already sounded out his replacement, Kvara isn't expected yk be sold this Summer in fact they were talking about handing him a new contract.

The only thing with Napoli at this moment is are they on the way down. Does someone like Kharva want to stay there? We won’t in any way be in for him because of the cost. Out of our league and the same goes for Williams. The sad part is they shouldn’t be but they are.

Kvara won’t come unless we’re in the Champions Leaguemornpay him £300,000 a week
Then pay him 300k pw

No because Napoli have already effectively sold Osimhen and have presumably already sounded out his replacement, Kvara isn't expected to be sold this Summer in fact they were talking about handing him a new contract.

How have they? To who? Did I miss the news where a deal has been signed?

The only thing with Napoli at this moment is are they on the way down. Does someone like Kharva want to stay there? We won’t in any way be in for him because of the cost. Out of our league and the same goes for Williams. The sad part is they shouldn’t be but they are.

Williams' release clause isn't that much I heard.

Last sentence is ENICs Ownership model in a nutshell.

We should be able to challenge the big clubs but we don’t

OK Mr obtuse, prepare yourself of a Summer of pain then, keep wishing for players we are never going to buy meanwhile I'll be over here living in the real world 😉

Hypothetical debate

We both know our owners won’t change the model. That’s why I posted about Summerville.

That’s why we both know it’s better to be a Leicester fan in a tinpot stadium than be a fan of a club owned by ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom