Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we add any of the Kane money to what we’ve earned ????

Unless we spend 100m on a #9 we'll be hearing the same question for the next decade.

It's gonna be a fun summer........

Q. Do you think we've spent the #BaleMoney yet? Afterall we never signed an 85m winger, so it's never been spent.... That's the logic yeh?

Unless we spend 100m on a #9 we'll be hearing the same question for the next decade.

It's gonna be a fun summer........

Q. Do you think we've spent the #BaleMoney yet? Afterall we never signed an 85m winger, so it's never been spent.... That's the logic yeh?
Fuck knows where the money goes and how it works. There’s one thing certain the summer will be constant with fake targets which everybody gets excited or depressed about.
I wonder with the euros happening will business get done early or much later?

Fuck knows where the money goes and how it works.

If you're gonna imply certain things then at least be brave enough to engage with the logic you're tossing out there.

There’s one thing certain the summer will be constant with fake targets which everybody gets excited or depressed about.

Depends what one means by "fake" targets?

Will there be a shit load of clickbait BS posted by a bunch of hack wannabe's that is then subsequently re-posted by fans..... Of course. Will some fans then concoct additional conspiracy theories and ramp up the drama even more. Yep.

Always remember this peak TRF window gem as a reference point: "It doesn't matter if it's true or not......."

I wonder with the euros happening will business get done early or much later?

Hadn't really thought about that; but the pattern is usually players saying "I don't wanna think about new deals until after the tournament".

If you're gonna imply certain things then at least be brave enough to engage with the logic you're tossing out there.

Depends what one means by "fake" targets?

Will there be a shit load of clickbait BS posted by a bunch of hack wannabe's that is then subsequently re-posted by fans..... Of course. Will some fans then concoct additional conspiracy theories and ramp up the drama even more. Yep.

Always remember this peak TRF window gem as a reference point: "It doesn't matter if it's true or not......."

Hadn't really thought about that; but the pattern is usually players saying "I don't wanna think about new deals until after the tournament".
I threw the Kane money thing out there because it’s a genuine question. Has that money been spent? If we haven’t got it yet which is likely will that be used to bring in new players? At the end of the day it doesn’t matter where the money comes from it’s whether the club give the manager what he needs to get better players in that fit what he’s trying to do.

I threw the Kane money thing out there because it’s a genuine question. Has that money been spent? If we haven’t got it yet which is likely will that be used to bring in new players?

Combined with your chatter in the Ange thread on the subject; forgive me if I'm left thinking otherwise.

On an accounting level it hits the books this season..... On a cash level it will trickle back in X amount of installments. On a simple, layman's level (which is the only tangible one a fan can operate upon).....

This season:

Spurs in: €120m (inc. Kane)
Spurs out: €272m

...........So even after the #KaneMoney we committed to a further €152m in outgoings (which is virtually the same as the year before; €141m net).

(If you or anyone else wants counter-argue about Porro; then take a deep dive into the club accounts and get back to us with some post-amortisation, post-installment-plan, post-other-accountancy-adjustments cash figure and we can chat further.)

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter where the money comes from it’s whether the club give the manager what he needs to get better players in that fit what he’s trying to do.

Well; yeh, I guess if one is prone to disassociating outgoings from income and what we are able to spend; then sure... "It 'doesn't' matter" at all.

Prime age for a keeper I would say is abit older and Gudmundsson is entering his prime

The fact that Juve haven't got money to throw doesn't mean their not interested

Their are many Spurs fans that don't want us to buy players that doesn't make the club not interested

My general point does stand yes

That doesn't mean I think he's a fit for what we need, but he's alot better footballer than is given credit for
We'll have to disagree. Don't rate him, at all. And Juve's financial circumstances is why they are now shopping in Aldi for players like Gudmundsson hence why I brought it up. We can and must do better, or Spurs won't be getting my money again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom