Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should try and make Tosin happen he's better in the air than our other options, he is HG, uncover Yiddo, he will get game time. Its a no brainer.

Article says they are yet to open discussions with them. Luke Edwards is Newcastle’s number one fan in the media. He was certain Maddison was going there for example.

It sounds like we have been talking to Tosin for a while although I have seen Man Utd have been too. I suspect we are keen on him. He’s better than Kelly easily.

If you called Palmer to have a season like this after a handful of games for City, you need hiring by the club mate.

This is a breakthrough season unlike any since maybe Dele.
No, I did NOT predict that Palmer would have a season like this (no one did that anyway) .
All I said - back then - was that Palmer was my first choice RWF (of the "affordable" WF's available).
But I had expected that the Spurs scouts had been able to somehow "see" his trajectory ...

Last edited:
Article says they are yet to open discussions with them. Luke Edwards is Newcastle’s number one fan in the media. He was certain Maddison was going there for example.

It sounds like we have been talking to Tosin for a while although I have seen Man Utd have been too. I suspect we are keen on him. He’s better than Kelly easily.
Tosin wants a move, his agent is working on it. That seems more likely to me. If we were really interested in him we would have signed him.

All these hindsight merchants are funny, the guy hadn't even scored a goal in the Premier League before this season, been such a freak season, no-one ever envisaged something like this.
I did NOT say that I envisioned Palmer having a season like this one - but he was my 1st choice WF. That's all.
You're not the only one who's right at times :cool:

No, I did NOT predict that Palmer would have a season like this (no one did that anyway) .
All I said - back then - was that Palmer was my first choice RWF (of the "affordable" WF's available).

Which is fair play mate.

He has probably even shocked chavski scouts.

Next season will be interesting for him tho... Has a lot going for him but they are an average team other than him and he's going to get a lot of attention because teams can afford to ignore other players in that team.

Ali Gold has been talking about us and Tosin for over a year now. I suspect this is one where there is substance behind it.

Trying to picture what that player looks like. Sterling’s strength was beating players but his finishing and end product was and is fairly shit and blinkered. He wasted so many chances even at peak City.
Somewhere between Aaron Lennon and Werner…

To be fair - it's not just about making them unsure of their starting spots: we're looking nailed on to play some kind of European football next year. We've been blessed with a clearer schedule this season, but something like a deep EL run is going to need better rotation options.
Fair point, my man.

But somehow I don't see us take domestic & European cups seriously...

We need to bring in one or even two FB that gonna make Porro & Udogie shake in their boots.

Bar a couple screamers and a few assists early doors, Pedro's form hasn't been all that. He tries, bless him, but he's still some way off justifying his price tag and rep.

I know he's a kid in a foreign country and that he's got plenty time on his side, but Udo really hasn't impressed me, especially with his attitude. At 21yo there's no excuse for giving up like he's done more than once, costing us goals & points.

Both need to fear for their starting spot...they clearly ain't at the moment.

With you on the competition for places.

Imo every player bar the GK needs to be uncertain if they get the start.

Think you are seeing things with recency bias on UDog and Porro.

Last few games have been poor. Porro has probably been top 2-3 RBs in the prem this season. I’d be shocked if anyone has a team of the season without Udogie at LB tbh

With the state of their finances could Chelsea say no if we slapped £100 million on the table for Palmer and Gallagher?
I don’t think the sale of Palmer helps them as much as Gallagher - who is home grown and not on balance sheet. I assume they still have 7/8 of Palmers fee on the books as an asset…. And he’s gonna be 120M alone

I don’t think the sale of Palmer helps them as much as Gallagher - who is home grown and not on balance sheet. I assume they still have 7/8 of Palmers fee on the books as an asset…. And he’s gonna be 120M alone

There is no chance in hell a club with owners as wealthy as that is selling Palmer this summer.

They want Mudryk off the books, probably Sterling too.

I was put off by his antics last night but I'd still test their resolve on Madueke for 40m. He'd be club trained and home grown for us and perfect for Ange ball IMO. Could cover either wing.

Which is fair play mate.

He has probably even shocked chavski scouts.

Next season will be interesting for him tho... Has a lot going for him but they are an average team other than him and he's going to get a lot of attention because teams can afford to ignore other players in that team.
True. The season after a break-thru season is often (very) hard for most players.
Just look at Haaland. Yes, he's still a goal machine but not as effect as last season. Kulusevski is another example.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom