Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven't seen much of him tbh but he seems to be a Dele type 2nd striker that can also play wide a bit. Not really sure where that type of player fits in the system tbh
He's not good enough for a team like Spurs, even as a rotation piece. And he ain't a kid...turning 27 this year...so not like he's got plenty time to improve.

Before this season he'd done nothing of note. Was an average player in Holland (where he never played a full season) and last year he was in Serie B.

Yeah he's scored a few goals this season, but that's about it. He's slow, not uber creative, wasteful in possession, not that robust...

Juve/Inter are welcome to him.

He's not good enough for a team like Spurs, even as a rotation piece. And he ain't a kid...turning 27 this year...so not like he's got plenty time to improve.

Before this season he'd done nothing of note. Was an average player in Holland (where he never played a full season) and last year he was in Serie B.

Yeah he's scored a few goals this season, but that's about it. He's slow, not uber creative, wasteful in possession, not that robust...

Juve/Inter are welcome to him.

Rave review then.

Cheers.
How does Soule compare to Gudmundsson?
Soule mostly plays on the right, Gud mostly on the left, but both tend to cut inside/play the 10 or even support striker. That said, the Argie covers more ground, has a higher volume. He's better technically, silkier & faster feet, better vision, more creative. Both quite wasteful in possession, not the best first touch, both quite light bodies too.

Neither excite me tbh. Don't look to me as PL players, let alone Spurs under the big fella.

Liked Gibbs-White as far back as Wolves debut. Honestly think he's an England star soon.
Ange could turn him into a superstar, I honestly believe that. Just feels like a proper Spurs player.

Like you, I've been a fan of his since he first came onto the scene. Remember watching him live in the Champo, he was different gravy...and since he's been doing it in the PL, for shitty Forest sides.

I'd rather we sign him for 40 than a Soule for same (or more) or Gudmundsson for 20. Zero debate.

On 19 August 2022, Gibbs-White moved to Nottingham Forest, signing a five-year deal, for a reported club record transfer fee of £25 million with another potential £17 million in add-ons.​

:confused:
He's probably reached a few of them objectives, like staying up, playing X matches, hitting X goals and assists. One he's failed at will be getting an England cap.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Forest have had to cough up most of that 17mil already.

But yeah if we could get him for say 30mil...or 20+ a couple of our deadwood to help them next year in the Champo...well fuck yeah. Similar to what we did with Leicester for Madders basically.

Sorry fat fingers.

Although I do disagree with the last paragraph and it contradicts the first paragraph anyway. For example a player bought 4 years ago for $120M on a 6 year contract has a residual amortised value of $40M and will be a $20M loss if sold for $20M or a $20M profit if sold for $60M, even though purchased outside the current FFP window.

Yeh... Amortation still applies..... Just looking at things through an FFP lense.... My bad.

Couple on here

Neto, Bakayoko, I like Cherki

GHVswm7WQAAEcbe

You got a link to this?

Watching Connor Gallagher playing for England. We can’t be seriously thinking of buying him, he’s just a runner. Nowhere near good enough for what we want.
Said that earlier , if Ange has a hard on for CG like he did BJ then not showing great talent judgement especially at the money spent.

I'd be rather pleased with:

- Backup GK: Patterson (SAFC) or Trafford (Burnley)...English, plenty potential...

- Backup WB: one of our own...KWP (he, Porro, Udogie & Emerson is a decent quartet)

- Backup LCB: Buongiorno from Torino...tall, strong, scores goals, gets clean sheets, unlucky with injuries this season (price will come down...happy Daniel) but otherwise always fit, can also play some LB

- Starting DM/CM: never gonna happen, but man I love that Valverde from Real

- Backup CAM: Bergvall probs not ready, ditto Devine so...I'd ask Eriksen if he'd fancy it for a year. Yeah he's 32, but massively experienced and can still do a job, plus great mentor for the kids (even to Mads)

- Starting RW: Gibbs-White

- Backup LW: Illing Jr or Bynoe-Gittens...either of them plus Brennan, MGW, Kulu and that's pretty decent options

- ST: Sonny is getting old, Richy is Richy...that Gyokeres lad does look worthy of a PL shot

I'd be rather pleased with:

- Backup GK: Patterson (SAFC) or Trafford (Burnley)...English, plenty potential...

- Backup WB: one of our own...KWP (he, Porro, Udogie & Emerson is a decent quartet)

- Backup LCB: Buongiorno from Torino...tall, strong, scores goals, gets clean sheets, unlucky with injuries this season (price will come down...happy Daniel) but otherwise always fit, can also play some LB

- Starting DM/CM: never gonna happen, but man I love that Valverde from Real

- Backup CAM: Bergvall probs not ready, ditto Devine so...I'd ask Eriksen if he'd fancy it for a year. Yeah he's 32, but massively experienced and can still do a job, plus great mentor for the kids (even to Mads)

- Starting RW: Gibbs-White

- Backup LW: Illing Jr or Bynoe-Gittens...either of them plus Brennan, MGW, Kulu and that's pretty decent options

- ST: Sonny is getting old, Richy is Richy...that Gyokeres lad does look worthy of a PL shot

That looks like a depressing set of targets to me. Surely we’ll punch a bit higher. Apart from the obvious one that won’t happen it all sounds a bit West Ham.

Back
Top Bottom