Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

De Jong, Kimmich, João Neves all linked with leaving their clubs.. These players are consistent passers, with great range as well. They can also dictate the tempo we play at.

The issue with these players is physicality, especially in transitions, but partnered with Sarr who will hopefully keep maturing, it could work. He’s got the legs to cover ground, and strength. But who knows

Or maybe he is alluding to Eze, but I think an upgrade on Bissouma is more needed than an 8 right now

Okay. We will see how well this holds up next season when he joins Assanal/Chelsea. I will stick to my point, he is a world class player and the best in Portugal

I haven’t seen a player of this quality since Radamel Falcao, I’d say. We aren’t talking about another Vinicius here, or even Darwin. Gyokeres can create chances for himself, which is a trait I can’t say about many strikers in Europe at the moment
You’re calling someone who has never played in a top league a “world class” player.

Messi is world class. Ronaldo is world class. Kane is world class. They are called world class for dominating at the highest level.

Gyokeres is not world class. If you think that, you’re a fucking idiot.

De Jong, Kimmich, João Neves all linked with leaving their clubs.. These players are consistent passers, with great range as well. They can also dictate the tempo we play at.

The issue with these players is physicality, especially in transitions, but partnered with Sarr who will hopefully keep maturing, it could work. He’s got the legs to cover ground, and strength. But who knows

Or perhaps he is alluding to Eze, but I think an upgrade on Bissouma is more needed than an 8 right now
Think we'll be getting an Onana, Palinha, Wieffer type. Tall, long legs, ball winner, stamina, tidy ball players.

Gyokeres is playing in a pub league, before then he was playing in the Championship. Referring to any aspect of his game as "world class" is insane.

He might be a very good player, but he is unproven at the top level. What makes a good forward in Portugal doesn't necessarily translate to the Premier League, just look at Carlos Vinicius. Scored 24 goals in a season for Benfica, then looked totally out of his depth at Spurs.

The hype around Gyokeres needs to cool.
Yeah I remember watching the Coventry play off and I didn't think much of him. Gustavo Hamer was the one who performed on that day.

He does seem to have good fundamentals though

We have 5 or 6 pretty good midfield players. Sarr is young and will be a very good player for years. Biss talented but kinda flaky and needs the opposition to play a certain way for him to be at his best. Hojbjerg good squad player, probably gone soon. Maddison, super talented nearly really great player, injury prone, struggling to find his level after 2/3 injuries. Bentancur, good player, very good at times, not quite top level, plus a bad knee injury.

We have a midfield good enough to be 4th / 5th every year, need a top 6 and an adequate Maddison alternative. Hopefully Bentacur can find his form / adjust to this style of play for next season

That's the problem in a way. The midfielder players are pretty good but one or two of them will have to rise to a notch above that for Spurs to continue moving up.

Or maybe he is alluding to Eze, but I think an upgrade on Bissouma is more needed than an 8 right now

If we could get Neves out of Saudi that would tick a lot of boxes.

Back
Top Bottom