Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it doesn’t mean we will sell him. How many home grown club trained players do we have that have played both PL and CL football? There is one. We aren’t selling him, I promise.

I don't have any issues with Skipp staying if he's happy with being 7th/8th choice. He's a good lad, a good professional. Just not suited to our style of play unfortunately.

And I'd much rather start building a squad that's suited and can step in and do a job good enough that they can push for a starting place with good performances and Skipp isn't it.

Of course Devine could just be Lo Celsos replacement in the squad and we sign a brand new 6 to replace Hojbjerg. And I'd be happy with that too.

We need proper wingers, direct dudes who can beat their man (or five) more often than not through a combo of speed, tekkers, power...and put a friggin cross in.

Enough of them snail-paced, one-trick poneys who are always cutting back inside, slowing down the tempo, killing momentum...and producing squat.

Gimme some Ginolas, Lennons, that Welsh lad who wasn't half bad...

He’s a pep robot at city. Nothing like the match winner he was at villa.
He’s a central player that used to be brilliant at running and committing players. Could defo play in our system as one of the advanced midfielders. Never rated him as a wide left player. Again he’s another that won’t happen. We won’t be buying players unless they are young. Out of all our signings Vicario is the only player over 26 and for a keeper that’s young.

Devine is still U21 next season so we could have Devine and Skipp.
Under UEFA rules if we sell Skipp we will have one less player in our squad.
And we have seen what a couple of injuries can do to us.
Skipp is literally irreplaceable.

perfect summer window for me would be if we can shift hojbjerg, skipp, sessegnon, tangana
Gil and solomon. I like Emerson but he isn't right for the system

Bring in a WF, CF, DCM, AM and 2 full backs not including Bergvall, or Werner who id take as gil replacement

Not sure why some are forcing Devine into next season’s squad. He’s had a season season between his 2 loan spells but nothing that suggest he can make an impact at the PL level.

Another loan should be a priority

I can see both Skipp and Hojbjerg leaving tbh.

Since Skipp was subbed off at HT against Brentford, he has barely been trusted and he really isn't a suit to the system. Hojbjerg is a guarantee with his contract up in a year.
I think it might depend on how happy Skipp is to be a squad player, as him being home and club grown may come in handy. Hojbjerg is 100% gone though (assuming he 'settles' for whichever club(s) come in for him this summer).

I believe we're due a 25% sell-on percentage, right? Should bring us £3.75m or so into our coffers if he goes for £15m.

In my opinion, we need to bring in a top quality number 6, 2 forward players & 2 fullbacks. It’s all very well signing good young players with potential & we have brought it some very good young players but they still have a lot to learn & we need to mix that up with some ready made, top quality players. It won’t be easy & it won’t come cheap but if we really do have ambitions as a club to challenge for the title, we cannot keep bringing in 2nd & 3rd tier quality players & expect to challenge the likes of City, Liverpool & Woolwich.

We’re now the 8th/9th richest club in the world, have overtaken both Chelsea & Woolwich & that gap will only increase with the non football revenue that we have coming in so we need to start acting like it.
It pains me to say it but I would have loved to have seen Declan Rice at Spurs but we were never going to be interested in spending that sort of money on a player or pay the wages he will be on. He has improved Woolwich massively this year, let’s be honest, he would improve any team he went to

Back
Top Bottom