Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What he brings is worth the risk regarding his fitness...just.

I thought he was amazing pre his first bad injury and it’s taken him a while to get back to that form. The good thing is, he has lost none of his pace. We need another attacker to push on and I think he can move up a couple of levels with better players around him.

I guess it depends how much in the ffp shit they are as to how likely we go for him.

I can’t see us turning our nose up at the supposed price.

He has legs and can sit on the bench.

Deal.

It's not smart roster building if we're buying players because the price is good.

We still have Solomon and Gil on this roster. Not sure how much longer Gil is here but as of now he is.

At best, Werner is a back up. So is Solomon. Both take up non-HG player spots.

Werner is a nice player, but if we're going into Champ league next season, we need better.

View: https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1757776519399706866
I think it fits our high pressing tactics. He's not an incredible player, but he's decent and HG, and on an expiring contract. I don't hate it, I'm mostly just bored with this saga.

Saw some stats the other day that showed we have the 2nd highest number of high turnovers in the PL.

It's absolutely clear why we want him.

But even if we don't get him it's fucking great our actions are pressuring Chavs, creating havoc amongst their fanbase. Putting pressure on the club to make him an offer perhaps they can no longer afford. Or putting pressure on them where if they want to keep him they are forced to sell double the number of academy players.

Either way, it is us fucking with them. I can live with this whether we sign him or not.

Barcelona have sanctioned some frankly insane salaries. 'More than a club' indeed. I like the idea someone had about no other club picking up their players. Let then sink.

It's not smart roster building if we're buying players because the price is good.

We still have Solomon and Gil on this roster. Not sure how much longer Gil is here but as of now he is.

At best, Werner is a back up. So is Solomon. Both take up non-HG player spots.

Werner is a nice player, but if we're going into Champ league next season, we need better.
Solomon , Werner can play in next seasons games against the promoted teams whilst we rest our top players for Champions League games.

He’s not a good player, that’s why no-one will buy him and we couldn’t flush the turd last month
We couldn't sell him because there are like 7 teams in Europe who aren't scared of FFP, he is still useful this season, and we weren't giving him away.

In Paris watching Sociedad. That Kubo is some player. That Brazilian left back for PSG is shitting himself whenever Kubo has the ball and runs at him. Couple better decisions and he'd have an assist.

Back
Top Bottom