Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

40m - Gimenez - Striker
70m - Eze - Attacking Mid / Left Wing
30m - Calafiori - Centre back / Left Back
40m - Gray - Right Back / Defensive Mid
Loan - Simons - Right Wing / Left Wing
10m - Carnesecchi - GK
50m - Ugarte - Defensive Mid

+

Bergval - Centre Mid / Attacking Mid / Defensive Mid

240m euro outlay. (Of course made these prices up like I am playing FM)

We spent 250 last summer, though recovered 120. Not sure we can recover close to that this year, but do have European football.

I think Eze and Ugarte are statement signings, Simons on loan smart. Gray will be a star I am sure and Calafiori looks quality.

Gimenez is a risk but the available strikers market is poor.

Keeper seems regarded on the continent after a good loan spell, don’t know too much but assume that’s the vibe we will be looking for.

Yeah this is good mate. This is the kind of window we need. Even if you swap Ugarte for Gallagher and shave 20m off. Also think Gimenez is much lower than 40m and they want Gil too.

Look at this FFP wriggle room we've built up, guys! .WOW!

sw-iss-rumble-estimated-ffp-position-for-summer-2024-v0-bxdv9n5f86lc1.png

main-qimg-e721572df2172739777d1d0605e47698
How do city get £450M?

View: https://x.com/hcfootball01/status/1767295869550801244?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

This random person on X seems to be a big fan of Wouter Burger.

The video and comments from Stoke fans are pretty encouraging as well. I know we all give the club shit for being cheap but I’m also up for a punt on a player like this whilst we still have Biss. Looks like he can CB, LB and DM.

I’m quite fat, if we sign him should I get a shirt with Burger on the back? 😂

View: https://x.com/hcfootball01/status/1767295869550801244?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

This random person on X seems to be a big fan of Wouter Burger.

The video and comments from Stoke fard ons are pretty encouraging as well. I know we all give the club shit for being cheap but I’m also up for a punt on a player like this whilst we still have Biss. Looks like he can CB, LB and DM.

Supposedly with Lange we will use more data analysis and this is the type of player a lower team would pick up and we would all be like he's out of our budget

Not all of them will work out but I like seeing links to players I've never heard of

I’m quite fat, if we sign him should I get a shirt with Burger on the back? 😂
Abso-fucking-lutely

What number goes with Burger?
Supposedly with Lange we will use more data analysis and this is the type of player a lower team would pick up and we would all be like he's out of our budget

Not all of them will work out but I like seeing links to players I've never heard of
he’s also tall and great stats in the air for set pieces.

I think that firms this up for me. Bollocks to fancy wingers and strikers. I’m only in this thread to talk about signing Burger and I’m not stopping until we sign him

ChatGPT. Simples, really. Sack Lange, I'll do it for 1/4 the cost.

So I charged ChatGPT with taking over Tottenham as sporting director with the goals of conceding fewer that 45 goals and scoring 80 goals next season, which should out us in the thick of it, and winning the Europa League while maintaining a net spend around £100M. In pursuit of this, I charged it with signing a first choice CF, RW, DCM and backup ACM, RB, and LB.

After a few dodgy results (it first wanted to sell Davinson Sanchez, then Sessegnon, then Dier) it gave the the following:

To include a backup attacking center midfielder within the same net spend requirements, we need to make adjustments to our player sales and purchases. Here is the revised plan:

Players to be Sold
1. Giovani Lo Celso
– Market value: £18 million
2. Tanguy Ndombele – Market value: £15 million
3. Sergio Reguilon – Market value: £15 million
4. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – Market value: £25 million
5. Japhet Tanganga – Market value: £10 million

Total expected revenue from sales: £83 million

Players to be Purchased

Defensive Midfielder
- Ibrahim Sangaré (PSV Eindhoven) – Estimated cost: £30 million
- Attributes: Strong defensively, good in the air, and adept at breaking up play. Perfect to shield the defense and provide a solid base.

2. Right Wing
- Raphinha (Barcelona) – Estimated cost: £45 million
- Attributes: Fast, skillful, and a good goal scorer. He will add creativity and goals from the right wing.

3. Center Forward
- Rasmus Højlund (Atalanta) – Estimated cost: £40 million
- Attributes: A promising young striker who has already shown potential in Serie A. He will provide a reliable goal-scoring option.

4. Backup Right Back
- Tariq Lamptey (Brighton & Hove Albion) – Estimated cost: £15 million
- Attributes: Quick, defensively solid, and good going forward. Ideal for backup and competition.

5. Backup Left Back
- Rayan Aït-Nouri (Wolverhampton Wanderers) – Estimated cost: £15 million
- Attributes: Young, talented, and with potential for growth. He will provide depth and competition at left back.

6. Backup Attacking Center Midfielder
- Lovro Majer (Rennes) – Estimated cost: £10 million
- Attributes: Creative midfielder with good vision and passing ability. Provides depth and a spark off the bench.

Total expected expenditure: £155 million

Net Spend Calculation
- Total sales revenue: £83 million
- Total purchase cost: £155 million
- Net spend: £72 million

Strategic Rationale

- Defensive Midfielder (Ibrahim Sangaré): Sangaré's defensive prowess will help in reducing the goals conceded, providing a solid shield in front of the defense.
- Right Wing (Raphinha): His creativity and goal-scoring ability will contribute to reaching the target of scoring 80 goals.
- Center Forward (Rasmus Højlund): A promising striker who will significantly contribute to the goal tally.
- Backup Right Back (Tariq Lamptey): Offers depth and rotation options, maintaining defensive solidity throughout the season.
- Backup Left Back (Rayan Aït-Nouri): Provides cover and competition, essential for managing injuries and form issues over a long season.
- Backup Attacking Center Midfielder (Lovro Majer): Adds creativity and depth to the midfield, ensuring there are options off the bench to change the game.

Additional Considerations

- Squad Balance: Ensure a good mix of experience and youth.
- Player Wages: Be mindful of the wage bill, especially with high-profile signings.
- Academy Promotions: Look to integrate promising youth players where possible to support squad depth.

Implementation

1. Early Identification and Negotiation
: Begin negotiations early in the transfer window to secure targets before the competition increases their prices.
2. Medical and Integration: Ensure all new signings undergo thorough medicals and are integrated into the squad quickly to adapt to the system and tactics.
3. Pre-season Friendlies: Use pre-season to test new formations and integrate new signings into the first team setup.

This revised plan, including a backup attacking center midfielder, aims to meet the set targets and achieve a successful 2024-25 season for Tottenham Hotspur.

It had previously suggested Osimhen, but seems to have really understood the club it was working for and became afraid of spending too much money when an ACM backup was requested even though it definitely would have fit under the £100M net mandate.

3. Center Forward

Victor Osimhen (Napoli)
– Estimated cost: £50 million
Attributes: Prolific goal scorer, strong, fast, and good in the air. He will provide a reliable goal-scoring option.

Center Forward (Victor Osimhen): As a prolific striker, he will ensure a significant contribution to the goal tally.

I'm rejecting it's frugality, and going with Osimhen over Højlund, if for no other reason than I'm tired of Hø's.

Thus, Sporting Director ChatGPT's first transfer window:

Out:
1. Giovani Lo Celso – Market value: £18 million
2. Tanguy Ndombele – Market value: £15 million
3. Sergio Reguilon – Market value: £15 million
4. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – Market value: £25 million
5. Japhet Tanganga – Market value: £10 million

Total expected revenue from sales: £83 million

In:

1. Defensive Midfielder - Ibrahim Sangaré (PSV Eindhoven) – Estimated cost: £30 million
2. Right Wing - Raphinha (Barcelona) – Estimated cost: £45 million
3. Center Forward - Victor Osimhen (Napoli) – Estimated cost: £50 million
4. Backup Right Back - Tariq Lamptey (Brighton & Hove Albion) – Estimated cost: £15 million
5. Backup Left Back - Rayan Aït-Nouri (Wolverhampton Wanderers) – Estimated cost: £15 million
6. Backup Attacking Center Midfielder - Lovro Majer (Rennes) – Estimated cost: £10 million

Total expected expenditure: £165 million

Expected net expenditure: £82 million

EDIT: Gave it specific additional players to sell and instructed it to increase net spend to £150M

Given the inclusion of signing Eberechi Eze from Crystal Palace and the increased net spend allowance, here is the revised plan.

Final Plan

Players to be Sold

1. Giovani Lo Celso – £18 million
2. Tanguy Ndombele – £15 million
3. Sergio Reguilon – £15 million
4. Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg – £25 million
5. Japhet Tanganga – £10 million
6. Joe Rodon – £8 million
7. Djed Spence – £10 million
8. Bryan Gil – £18 million
9. Emerson Royal – £20 million

Total expected revenue from sales: £139 million

Players to be Purchased

1. Defensive Midfielder: Ibrahim Sangaré – £30 million
2. Right Wing: Raphinha – £45 million
3. Center Forward: Victor Osimhen – £50 million
4. Backup Right Back: Tariq Lamptey – £15 million
5. Backup Left Back: Rayan Aït-Nouri – £15 million
6. Backup Attacking Center Midfielder: Lovro Majer – £10 million
7. Center Back: Marc Guehi – £30 million
8. Versatile Forward: Khvicha Kvaratskhelia – £50 million
9. Attacking Midfielder: Eberechi Eze – £40 million

Total final purchase cost: £290 million
Net spend: £151 million

By following this plan, we can significantly strengthen the squad and stay within the net spend limit of £150 million, ensuring we meet the objectives for the 2024-25 season.
ChatGPT not really keeping up with current events there. Pretty sure Rasmus Hojland doesn’t play for Atalanta anymore.

However, Kvara and Osimhen for £100m total? I’m sold. Let’s do it.

You don’t employ Conte on £15m per season if a) you’re a miser and b) you’re not trying to win something on the footballing front.
Is one interpretation. My aunt had another for my uncle when he'd turn up with some expensive gift, having been caught red-handed in some escapade "One days feeding don't fatten the horse". It was a typical showy empty headed distraction for the credulous hire a cheque book manager to much fanfare and then hide the cheque book. But you're impressed with 15m for the coach when a series of coaches needed sustained backing in the order of ten times that..We can agree to differ. 👍

Last edited:
Poch gone means Gallagher will be on his way out, we all want to back the manager so I hope we get him
You've got to wonder what cogs have been turning there:

>seems like we've been chasing/sounding him out for the last year
>Poch seemingly had a very good relationship with him which led to lots of playing time
>Chelsea eye him as a sale for FFP reasons

The recent story about contract renewal negotiations are probably not entirely unrelated to knowing Poch would go, which will probably adversely affect Gallagher if he stuck around. It feels increasingly likely that he'd jump ship to link up with Ange, given all the factors.

ChatGPT not really keeping up with current events there. Pretty sure Rasmus Hojland doesn’t play for Atalanta anymore.

However, Kvara and Osimhen for £100m total? I’m sold. Let’s do it.
Well it did want me to sell Sanchez, Dier, and Sessegnon first before relenting and finally selling Reguilon...so it's squad source is suspect.

But, TBF, it seems ace at identifying players who should be sold. :levylol:

I'm normally down on Levy and the transfer BS we put ourselves through, but I'm looking at the potential strikers available (even as a reach with unlimited money) and..... who? Like, who the hell are we even HOPING for unrealistically this window?

Not great to have a very shallow pool of option for our biggest need.

Gyokeres
Sesko
Openda
Zirkzee
Toney
Guirassy
Osimhen
Isak
Gimenez
Solanke

All possibly moving this summer. Possibly the deepest the CF market's been in years.

Abso-fucking-lutely

What number goes with Burger?

he’s also tall and great stats in the air for set pieces.

I think that firms this up for me. Bollocks to fancy wingers and strikers. I’m only in this thread to talk about signing Burger and I’m not stopping until we sign him
I think the Dutch midfielder at Ajax , Frys Widdat would compliment him well

40m - Gimenez - Striker
70m - Eze - Attacking Mid / Left Wing
30m - Calafiori - Centre back / Left Back
40m - Gray - Right Back / Defensive Mid
Loan - Simons - Right Wing / Left Wing
10m - Carnesecchi - GK
50m - Ugarte - Defensive Mid

+

Bergval - Centre Mid / Attacking Mid / Defensive Mid

240m euro outlay. (Of course made these prices up like I am playing FM)

We spent 250 last summer, though recovered 120. Not sure we can recover close to that this year, but do have European football.

I think Eze and Ugarte are statement signings, Simons on loan smart. Gray will be a star I am sure and Calafiori looks quality.

Gimenez is a risk but the available strikers market is poor.

Keeper seems regarded on the continent after a good loan spell, don’t know too much but assume that’s the vibe we will be looking for.

giphy.gif

what fans look at👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

what Daniel Levy looks at
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇:levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol:

Back
Top Bottom