Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched a bit of Palace this evening (granted, only highlights) and it looks to me that Eze and Olise don’t play that wide. Both seem to be number 10’s. Am I missing the times where they are out wide and if not, wouldn’t signing either narrow our play too much?

Only because Glasner changed the system. Olise was a winger under Hodgson and at Reading. Eze has played centrally his whole career at Palace.

Translated: Nobody fancied spending big on me because they were all scared of my recent injury record and I wasn't prepared to drop my wage demands.

Wonder who they will sell then?
Vlahovic suddenly on the market now?

They'll probably just chew away at the outsides of the squad like they did before if they need to balance the books..............

We're likely to lose at least 2 MFs this summer (PEH, GLC)... If not more (Skipp?)......

To go into a season inc. Europa Lg with just Biss, Benta and Bergvall (with a question mark over his head) for 2 positions and Maddison alone for the other another and think we'll get through unscathed is madness.

We have to drastically improve the quality in our attacking group. For me, in an ideal world, that would be three proper quality forwards and an 8 at least in this window.

I would live with another season of Bissouma, Bentancur, (Skipp/GLC), Sarr, Maddison, Bergval - If it meant getting at least 3 proper quality forwards and an quality 8.

Realistically I don't think it will work that way. I think we'll get Gallagher (as a kind of budget Rice type 8), a LF ad a CF and then maybe some bargain back ups for CB, LB, LCB.

We have to drastically improve the quality in our attacking group.

I don't dispute that for a moment. I too think the bulk of our budget needs to go on the front 3.

I just think there's scope for a good new MF-er to fund itself with the outgoings we're likely to see in that area.

I sure as hell want a new GK#2 as well too.

I don't dispute that for a moment. I too think the bulk of our budget needs to go on the front 3.

I just think there's scope for a good new MF-er to fund itself with the outgoings we're likely to see in that area.

The GK is such a decent overlooked point. For all the talk of having good like for like back ups, if Vicario breaks his leg opening day we're looking at Fraser Forster and Brandon Austin slugging it out for 6 months of first team football.

Imvho what everyone should be asking themselves at whoever's on the table as possible incomings is if they are technical enough to play Ange's system in the Premiership.

That's the #1 box that needs to be ticked.

If you could select 2 first team and two squad from the below, what are you going for?

GK - Squad
CB - Squad
LB - Squad
RB - Squad
6 - First Team
10 - Squad
LW - First Team
RW - First Team
ST - First Team

How on earth did Newcastle sign Isak? Being in the CL improving the quality of signings is the biggest myth in football. They follow the money.

:levyeyes:
Isak was a player many clubs were keen on but none of them, apart from Newcastle, were ready to take the risk - i.e. pay his release clause 0f €70m+adds-on - particularly after he had a rather poor spell at Bor. Dortmund, who ended up selling him for just €9m to Real Sociedad (around the same fee they paid AIK when they bought him).
Even the "experts" on this forum had their reservations against him.

Isak was a player many clubs were keen on but none of them, apart from Newcastle, were ready to take the risk - i.e. pay his release clause 0f €70m+adds-on - particularly after he had a rather poor spell at Bor. Dortmund, who ended up selling him for just €9m to Real Sociedad (around the same fee they paid AIK when they bought him).
Even the "experts" on this forum had their reservations against him.

I liked him…

Back
Top Bottom