Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s a better line-leading striker than Son right now, and we were content to go into this season in that situation already. I don’t see what the big deal is- the club is simply not as ambitious as you would apparently like to believe.
I know the club aren’t but it’s a massive mistake to go into next season with Sonny and Richy as our strikers. We will sign a striker but what level of striker remains to be seen.

Strikers are not our problem.
We are on course for perhaps our 2nd or 3rd best scoring total since we were promoted in 1978.
We have conceded 2 goals or more 16 (sixteen) times in 33 games.

I know the club aren’t but it’s a massive mistake to go into next season with Sonny and Richy as our strikers. We will sign a striker but what level of striker remains to be seen.
I’m not disagreeing with you necessarily- certainly I wish we had a better striker option than Richarlison as well. I just don’t see it happening, and if we were to make only one purchase to improve our attack, seeing as we already have Richy and Velez, I’d opt for us to get as good of a left winger as humanly possible.

I’m not disagreeing with you necessarily- certainly I wish we had a better striker option than Richarlison as well. I just don’t see it happening, and if we were to make only one purchase to improve our attack, seeing as we already have Richy and Velez, I’d opt for us to get as good of a left winger as humanly possible.
exactly. the whole front line needs upgrading. the wide areas are the worst. at least rich gives you fight and is a box threat if you get the ball in the box. we got wingers who 1 cant get the ball into the box with any actual quality and 2 are not good enough to play inwards when they have the ball out wide. it just breaks down due to lack of quality time and time again.

But would take space on the wage bill for a better player in a different position.

More and more transfer fee becomes irrelevant and it’s wages we should really be watching.

I rate Tosin but we have bigger priorities and he isn’t left footed. He can play left but there might be better options

Money saved from no transfer fee so it's relative.

Back
Top Bottom