Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skill and ability wise, Lingard would be a decent option, giving you a good level of rotation player for 3-4-3 and 3-5-2.. he's the kind of player Conte would get playing to a good level I think. Wouldn't hate it, but find him annoying. A red flag would be how he hasn't managed to crack his way into a poor Man United side more regularly, but I guess they had guaranteed starters Bruno/Pogba playing poorly in his place making 300k pw. If he came in, worked hard and didn't kick up a fuss I'd be happy enough with him. .

His entire personality is coke head gobby spurs hating chav.

I bet he goes on "beano's" with his "mates" and has a "right laugh"

90 Day Fiance Smile GIF by TLC

Skill and ability wise, Lingard would be a decent option, giving you a good level of rotation player for 3-4-3 and 3-5-2.. he's the kind of player Conte would get playing to a good level I think. Wouldn't hate it, but find him annoying. A red flag would be how he hasn't managed to crack his way into a poor Man United side more regularly, but I guess they had guaranteed starters Bruno/Pogba playing poorly in his place making 300k pw. If he came in, worked hard and didn't kick up a fuss I'd be happy enough with him. .
Would also piss off the Spammers. Approved.

So SC had a 'cryptic' this week and the solution was apparently:

Missing letter R, missing letter I and missing letter N

Tie a yellow ribbon = Brazil

But i'd like to thank those who counted letters and came up with all sorts of complicated solutions which totally muddied the waters for what was about as simple a cryptic as you're ever likely to get.

YA5.gif

So SC had a 'cryptic' this week and the solution was apparently:

Missing letter R, missing letter I and missing letter N

Tie a yellow ribbon = Brazil

But i'd like to thank those who counted letters and came up with all sorts of complicated solutions which totally muddied the waters for what was about as simple a cryptic as you're ever likely to get.

YA5.gif
This guy obviously never watched 3-2-1...

mid table player at best. It's a hard pass from me.

Haven’t had to sell a single player in order to do all of the above

CCV for up to £10m apart...

But you are correct, one of the benefits of the £150m facility (£100m drawn down) is its given us a great fund to be able to do business early rather than have to sell first. Almost a game changer by itself.

2 months left to sell players we don't need to both free up squad places and get in some cash

Really good window so far. Perisic, Bissouma and Richarlison are not only good players, but players with great mentality and a proven track record. Very low chance of them failing to replicate the output for their previous clubs.

More than another CB, I'm hoping we secure a b2b CM who excels in the final third, and a third attacking bench player to go with Lucas and Richarlison

Agreed.

Club has been good at stopping too many leaks so not a lot of notice of incomings.

So looking at the next wave of incomings I've been deliberately a little vague, but all signs are that in addition to Lenglet on loan we'll try to get another CB - lots of names being bandied about from Bastoni, Bremer to less well known names so I'm pretty sure that's on the list and might even be next week if the right player becomes available.

Agree we may well be looking at a more creative CM/AM but other than Tielmans I've not seen too many others linked, so it might be a little further away, same with any forward.

Might have made sense pre-Kulusevski but that slot is filled.

You have to ask questions to where that money goes? Is it really that expensive to run a website? Don’t they get money from adverts on the site too?

At the very least, probably pays for a couple of season tickets over the course of the season.....

Last edited:
Depends how much he wants to play with the World Cup coming up. But he'd be better than nothing in the position, should pop up with the odd goal from the bench. If Eriksen isn't coming, then we are probably looking at this kind of level, as they'll need to be happy on the bench.

Distinctly different player to Eriksen..... Would much rather someone with CEs skill-set.

Back
Top Bottom