Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes a good point well - its no longer good enough to have a good first X1 its now necessary to have a good 18+ players where the drop off in quality across that number is not that great.

I'd even suggest we need 20/21 rather than 18+ , even if that isn't fully achieved this window, that's our target.

18 top players plus the odd back up and decent selection of young uns. I think the old Jose special of 22 (1 for each position) is overkill

No offence but Antonio Conte was instrumental in bringing the fanbase back. Not that I'd personally left, not Hojbjerg Look I get it your a fan but let's not kid ourselves he is a solid unspectacular reliable player, these things are virtues but he is one of the players who can be upgraded. Bissouma is better and we got him for 30m. If Newcastle gave us 40m for Hojbjerg I bet there's a player in world football Conte would pick over him.
For the record I'd NOT sell at this point but Conte's come to win the league, he will raise the technical level of the side to do this, that makes Hojbjerg vulnerable. I'd also swap him for Rice(if only to kill West ham fans).
Spot on.

It’s going to be a completely weird season because of the World Cup. It could disrupt top teams and decrease the point total for whoever finishes 1st.

City has struggled a lot in the first few games of the season. Hopefully they also struggle after returning from the World Cup.
Good point this

This is the danger of waiting too long for the top targets to make up their mind...and one could end up missing out on the next player in line. Apart from Gvardiol the 3 other top candidates (Pau Torres, Bastoni & Ndicka) are very close to each other in terms of quality, as I have certain concerns about each one of them when it comes to adapting to the EPL pace (but then again, those concerns may prove futile)

The middle bullet point says:

"Olympique de Marseille always have the name of Ndicka. "

Sorry, what? This is posted as a 3-bullet-point story on @LastWordOnSpurs, yet I don't have a clue what one of those bullets even means. :/

Absolutely yes please to Ndicka - I know he has the classic N’xxxx name but he’s absolutely phenomenal. Barely makes any mistakes, unit at 6’4, threat going forward (4G4A last season) and younger and probably cheaper than Torres.

tbh, I can understand the thinking, if we get the right replacement.

Bissouma and Skipp both defensively more solid than him IMO, so we're not desperate for defensive cover. As a box to box CM he is shockingly bad in the final third, he's got a nice pass in him, but like he showed against Norwich, Liverpool and many other times he struggles to do the basics inside the box.

Ideally we need a Bernardo Silva or Mason Mount type of our own, someone who can create and score goals. Doesn't have to be special, but just finish the basic chances that PEH constantly fluffs.

Having said that getting rid of PEH right now would be silly. Waaay too much disruption to the squad to sell a leader in the team, who has served the club well, on top of all the other outgoings.

Every player in every PL club will have a price on his head above which they migt be tempted to sell.

But in this window I think Conte wants to increase both the size and quality of his squad, so the task this season is to upgrade players who Conte doesn't think can fit into his system at an acceptable quality. So plenty more out of the door before Pierre.

Ndicka is really raw. Let’s hope we don’t buy him prematurely. Coming to spurs could really enlarge his career and make him enormous on a global level.

Hes definitely got loads of something… are you sure it’s potential?
The thing is, there are concerns over all the 4 top candidates for the LCB spot.
Do Bastoni and Pau Torres have the toughness for the EPL (I am sure they are tough but in the EPL one needs another kind of toughness than in Seri A and La Liga)??
Then there are questions over Gvardiol's positional sense and, at around £65-70m, is he worth it?
And, Ndicka's rashness and positional sense can be exposed in the EPL .... or he ends up thriving under Conte.
I just hope the scouts are doing their job.

Sorry, what? This is posted as a 3-bullet-point story on @LastWordOnSpurs, yet I don't have a clue what one of those bullets even means. :/

The whole tweet is a fail..... And reeks of a blind google translate job that doesn't consider the overall composite message.

I think "they" just found an article on a French site and just run a google translation without bothering to double-check it.

Of course! But not bad player to have on the bench as he shower in the final few games, which inckuded a MOTM performance.
Hes still Gett ing used to premier league and Conte system and the best From him may well Be yet to come. He is strong.

Under Poch he would have spent a whole season on the bench as he was aleays very slow to introduce new signinhs. So its quite Remarkable he played so much.

Still second choice hopefully, but if we get rid then we are back to square one.

If we sign a RWB it means Royal is 3rd choice (at best depending on Perisic) for that position.

Currently Doherty is 1st choice, Spence will come in as 2nd or 1st choice leaving Royal surplus

If we sign a RWB it means Royal is 3rd choice (at best depending on Perisic) for that position.

Currently Doherty is 1st choice, Spence will come in as 2nd or 1st choice leaving Royal surplus
Sessegnon, Tanganga, Skipp and Royal are all roughly the same age. I can see improvement in all of them but Royal would command a decent fee.

If we sell Pierre then I guess we are signing Rice

Not if he was replaced by Rice it wouldn't be.

MW-HB777_notsur_20190110125201_NS.jpg

The thing is, there are concerns over all the 4 top candidates for the LCB spot.
Do Bastoni and Pau Torres have the toughness for the EPL (I am sure they are tough but in the EPL one needs another kind of toughness than in Seri A and La Liga)??
Then there are questions over Gvardiol's positional sense and, at around £65-70m, is he worth it?
And, Ndicka's rashness and positional sense can be exposed in the EPL .... or he ends up thriving under Conte.
I just hope the scouts are doing their job.
If we get Ndicka, maybe we can set it up so he has to fight to win the starting spot from Ben Davies. Might give him a bit of breathing room and less pressure in which to get adjusted to the league.

Back
Top Bottom