Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Steve will have a great career in Holland, that is the correct level for him. Conte has said over and over again that only certain types of players can succeed in the PL because of the physical intensity. Bergwijn just can’t handle it, but he’s a good lad with great talent. He will be a good player for Ajax and the national team.

I think Steve will have a great career in Holland, that is the correct level for him. Conte has said over and over again that only certain types of players can succeed in the PL because of the physical intensity. Bergwijn just can’t handle it, but he’s a good lad with great talent. He will be a good player for Ajax and the national team.
Bergwijn can absolutely make it in the Premier League it is just Son plays in his preferred position and he is not better than Son.

Agree.

He just doesn’t seem to have that ability to beat a player. It’s not just explosive speed. It’s more the physical ability to outmuscle the defender, like Kulu who although not lightening, is able to lean into defenders and push them off the ball.

Agree.

He just doesn’t seem to have that ability to beat a player. It’s not just explosive speed. It’s more the physical ability to outmuscle the defender, like Kulu who although not lightening, is able to lean into defenders and push them off the ball.

To see what Conte wants in a player just compare Deki with Lo Celso, Ndombele, Gil and Bergwijn. They all have talent but only Deki meets Conte’s standard. It is difficult to stop him. The others can just be pushed around.

Here's a list of everybody mentioned in this thread today (so far :D )

NAMECLUBPOSAGECONTRACTTMARKT
EBIOWEIDERBYST182022
RICHARLISONEVERTONAM252024
BASTONIINTERLCB232024
RAUMHOFFENHEIMLB242026
KOSTICE FRANKFURTLMID292023
BISSOUMABRIGHTONMID252023
PERESICINTERLMID332022
FOFANALEICESTERCB212027
MAJERSTADE RENNAISAM242026
COLLINSBURNLEYCB/DM212025

Today's mentions:

MCKENNIEJUVENTUSDM232025
TARKOWSKIBURNLEYCB292022
ISAKREAL SOCIEDADST222026
JESUSMAN CITYAM252023
SPENCEBORO/FORESTRB212024
JOHNSONFORESTAM212023
SCOTTBRISTOL CITYRM182025
TRAOREWOLVES/BARCARWB262023
MUKIELERB LEIPZIGRB242023
KEELEYST PATRICKSGK192022
SINGOTORINORB212023
OBLAKA MADRIDGK292023
GVARDIOLRB LEIPZIGCB202026
MOLINAUDINESERB242026

Here's a few of the names mentioned recently

SAVINA STANLEYGK212023
BREMERTORINOCB252024
CARASCOA MADRIDWB282024
LENGLETBARCACB262026
HAKIMIPSGRB232026
LEMARA MADRIDAM262023
MEUNIERB DORTMUNDRB292024
KOULIBALYNAPOLICB302023
MAMARDASHVILIVALENCIAGK212024
ATALNICERB262023
DESTBARCARB212025
MOLINAUDINESERB242026
BADIASHILEMONACOCB212024
VERRATTIPSGMID292024
SOUCEKWHUDM272024
MIN-JAEFENERBACECB252025
HERMOSOA MADRIDCB262024

Some new names:

GONZALEZBARCACM202024
MCGINNA VILLAMID272025
MAEHLEATALANTARB252025

Because they've never seen him play before??

I mean fucking hell he made over 300 appearances for us in SEVEN years!!! Played for Conte at Inter too.
they might be wary of his post-heart attack form and fitness.

TBH, if they really wanted to "scout" him, why not watch him at Brentford. A Denmark game is hardly representative of his club form.

Good to see Bergwijn move on.

Always been our problem. Not buying players, but selling those that aren’t going to make it.

Best of luck to him.
agreed. There needs to be a certain level of turnover at the club if we want to make progress. Players like Moura, Bergwijn, Sanchez, who haven't made the grade should move on so we can try again with someone else.

This is the way you get your hands on a Son, Kulusevski, Romero etc. those are the ones that stay long term.

they might be wary of his post-heart attack form and fitness.

TBH, if they really wanted to "scout" him, why not watch him at Brentford. A Denmark game is hardly representative of his club form.
I'm very wary of judging players on how they play in inters.
NI had a centre forward (name?) who scored bundles of goals and couldn't get into a division 2 team.

I'm very wary of judging players on how they play in inters.
NI had a centre forward (name?) who scored bundles of goals and couldn't get into a division 2 team.
will grigg

I know they’re based in Amsterdam, but I think you’ve confused Ajax with 5 Floors of Whores.
I see a former great club from a depleting league, with their arch-rivals breathing down their necks (PSV), and losing a lot of good players this summer. They need Berg. We can contract to our benefit here

Back
Top Bottom