Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer; in the peak of Covid uncertainty and no fans in sight, Iggy was insisting that it should be easy to shift the likes of Aurier, Sanchez, Winks & Lamela for 15-20m a piece accross Europe... He lives in his own special theme-park mind.
Some people like to pretend that playing FIFA makes them a qualified Director of Football.

If people are criticizing the club/Paratici for not being able to unload deadwood players, then the assumption would be is that there are clubs who would be willing to take them but we just won't do it.

If there are no takers, then it doesn't make sense to criticize our inability to offload players.

Because you have an asset who, for most instances, can still be called on to perform if needed, and you also don't obtain ANY value for the player.

Let's say that Aurier is worth 25 million. You'd be better off selling him at a cut rate of 10 million than just paying out the rest of his contract and let him go free. We aren't playing FIFA career mode or playing with monopoly money.

But guys like Aurier, Sissoko and WInks can't be called on to perform we have seen it. They aren't good enough and we are better off with them not playing a single game for us.

Are you serious about Richarlison, Declan RIce, and Kalvin Philips being "plausibleish transfers"?
Not really... just would be nice... Rice was probably plausible a few years back... I don't know why we don't make moves on people like that earlier... we did with Kyle Walker and Dele and it worked well... Carrick I think came early and was a super player... always regret selling him... Declan Rice would be brilliant for Spurs... ahhhh

Did they go for either of those prices? No so we have no idea if the club was willing to sell them for that or not.

Oh, but you DO know without anything close the actual numbers that we're overpricing them????

So the rumour goes Sissoko doesn't want to leave London... He's still under contract... That's his prerogative. No amount of sloppy kisses you spam people with in defiance of such factors will change that.

I am not making anything up

I'm taking this piss.

I am just pointing out that other teams move guys on and yet again poor Tottenham are a special case that can't do what other clubs can.

Again, this is rubbish... There's a shed load of counter examples of this being offered but you're just assuming your usual ignorant, arrogant defiant stance and blaming well reasoned, polite posters(*) with kisses like a stroppy little teenager.

(* Not me.... I don't care to be civil with you for the best part.)

I don't think Lamela went for a modest amount at all based on reports.

His swap shaved about €10m off of Gils price-tag.
Toby left for as little as 3m (depending on which reports you believe)!

Stop being such a shit-house.

You cant just wave a wand and move people. There has to be a market for the player. No one wants Aurier and Sissoko. I dint understand this thinking that people seem to have that the club can just sell anyone at anytime for a halfway decent fee.

......Or any fee at all if they don't wish to move (See Rose, Wanyama, WInks, Sissoko).

We can decide to give them away and they still aren't obliged to leave if they don't want to.

Igula Igula

has no impact on his inability to make a pass, control the ball, him hiding from teammates with the ball, his constant pointing to players to pass away from him, his inability to track back, his inability to jump for balls in our box.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Aside from an admittedly very good spell in 18/19, I’ve never understood Sissoko’s reputation as some kind of dynamic battler who leaves everything on the pitch. I think he’s the biggest hider since Freund.

I also think he’s lost the one thing he did have, pace, which has pretty much nullified him completely as a footballer.

If I am pleased about one thing so far in the new regime, it’s that Sissoko has never been further from the guest xi.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Aside from an admittedly very good spell in 18/19, I’ve never understood Sissoko’s reputation as some kind of dynamic battler who leaves everything on the pitch. I think he’s the biggest hider since Freund.

I also think he’s lost the one thing he did have, pace, which has pretty much nullified him completely as a footballer.

If I am pleased about one thing so far in the new regime, it’s that Sissoko has never been further from the guest xi.
Can't believe you had a go at Freund...

We were never going to move all of them by choice of the team. No reason we couldn't or shouldn't have moved them all out.

But again move out two of them would be a massive step. If as you say it is going to take multiple windows surely hoping 1 or 2 would move on this window would be part of that multiple window approach.

"Sissoko; we know you're on 80kpw, but we don't want you.... Will you take a move to Abu Dabi......"

"No. I want to keep my family in London; they're happy here."

Then what Eisntein?

But guys like Aurier, Sissoko and WInks can't be called on to perform we have seen it. They aren't good enough and we are better off with them not playing a single game for us.

Yes, they absolutely can.

Nobody said anything about the quality that they offer, but if we had a rash of injuries/suspensions or just want to have rotation to provide rest to core players, than they can be used.

I never want to see Winks or Sissoko play for us ever again, but it's better than having nobody. Well...maybe.

"Sissoko; we know you're on 80kpw, but we don't want you.... Will you take a move to Abu Dabi......"

"No. I want to keep my family in London; they're happy here."

Then what Eisntein?

Then you say see you later don't need you to show up to training enjoy your life in London we have better players.

If you are paying him 80kpw why pay him to make your team worse? The money is gone anyways no point doubling down by having him suck on the field as well.

Some people like to think that throwing around pathetic insults like playing FIFA, means they can ignore reality.

Ignore reality? Like the suggestion that we just pay out contracts, let players go for free, and have holes in our squad with no incoming money to fund new player purchases to fill the voids they left?

That kind of ignoring reality?

:mourhandlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom