Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodon seems incredibly average and only really championed by the Welsh members of the forum.

Which is understandable given that he's probably 4th on the list of famous Welshmen, behind Bale, Woosnam, and Kinnock.

I've not seen Caleta Car play live, but Marseille fans seem to think he's shit, and were happy to see rumours linking him away from the club.
Would be a mediocre signing just like Milenkovic.

I have read different reports and he a better option than Milenkovic but I agree it would be a cheap signing and marginal upgrade not the signing we actually need but Vonnegut wanted only cheap options mentioned.

I would go for a better player and spend more which we could easily do. Or at least could have at the start of the summer if we were a properly run team.

The life of Spurs and Atalanta’s Romero saga

————-

Paratice rocks up on his Spurs plane heading out to Italy, set up for him by Levy

Plane Airplane GIF

Paratice arrives in Italy

confident chris hemsworth GIF by Men In Black: International

Paratice enters the negotiations room with Atalanta

Angry Octavia Spencer GIF by #MAmovie

Paratice slaps Levy’s first bid on the table

Make It Rain Money GIF

Atalanta representative

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Paratice

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

Next day Levy calls Paratice

Mobile Phone Man GIF by Mediaset España

Paratice walks back to Atalanta

Barry Jenkins Walking GIF by A24

2nd bid goes in

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Atalanta

Angry Wrestling GIF

Paratice

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Levy

David Cross No GIF

3rd day - Paratice enters

doors walking in GIF

3rd bid goes in

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Atalanta

Old Man No GIF by MOODMAN

Paratice

Angry Ron Swanson GIF

Levy

eggs GIF

Part 2 to continue ……….

I have read different reports and he a better option than Milenkovic but I agree it would be a cheap signing and marginal upgrade not the signing we actually need but Vonnegut wanted only cheap options mentioned.

I would go for a better player and spend more which we could easily do. Or at least could have at the start of the summer if we were a properly run team.
Yeah, he'd be a cheap option. The Athletic did a report suggesting that Caleta Car's price tag would be £13M. For a 24 year old whose contract runs out in 2023, that is a clear indicator he's not that highly rated.

Rodon seems incredibly average and only really championed by the Welsh members of the forum.

Which is understandable given that he's probably 4th on the list of famous Welshmen, behind Bale, Woosnam, and Kinnock.

News from Marca just in...

Florentino has made anyone in the squad except Courtois, Benzema, Valverde, Alaba and Vinicius available if the price is right.

Carvajal anyone?

They got any badass RBs we can grab?

RB / Tom / Rom / Rod / Reg

???

Atalanta are very well run. They went from being a club like palace to a champions league regular in very few years without using cheat money and such. But by god do they look annoying to deal with
I don't get this "cheating" bit because if owners want to heavily invest in their clubs they can.
There is nothing in the rules that says they can't do it if they want to be ambitious and try to win trophies etc it's an owner's perogative.

I don't get this "cheating" bit because if owners want to heavily invest in their clubs they can.
There is nothing in the rules that says they can't do it if they want to be ambitious and try to win trophies etc it's an owner's perogative.

Nothing in the rules apart from FFP you mean?

Celtic/Rangers also play CL. Does that mean SPL is a smaller step up too? :pritchardeyes:

I think coming from Celtic/Rangers could be a lesser step up than coming from Bologna.

Not sure when the last time Rangers played in the group stages of the CL though so not really comparable but I doubt you were actually trying to make a point with this post.

Well Dani Carvajal, as I mentioned, is pretty decent.

Do you think he still has a lot to offer or would he be more on the retirement contract/reduced role part of his career?

I would wonder if he was looking for a similar move like Ramos/Thiago were he goes to a big club but at a reduced role.

If not his quality is certainly intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom