Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs already have Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Clarke, Gil and Dele to cover that position. I am not telling that they are better than Correa but it would be plain stupidity to buy him without getting rid of 2 or 3 of the mentioned players ...
Personally, if Spurs are looking for a WF I'd prefer them to go after a left-footer - like Madueke (if he's still "welcome" back at Spurs...) or Leon Bailey (depends on whether he's sorted out his attitude problem and that his father & agent, Craig Butler, start acting "normal")

Last edited:
Spurs already have Son, Moura, Bergwijn, Clarke, Gil and Dele to cover that position. Not tell they are better than Correa but it would be plain stupidity to buy him without getting rid of 2 or 3 of the mentioned players ...
Personally, if Spurs are looking for a WF I'd prefer them to go after a left-footer - like Madueke (if he's still "welcome" back at Spurs...) or Leon Bailey (depends on whether he's sorted out his attitude problem and that his father & agent, Craig Butler, start acting "normal")

Can add Sessengon to that list too.

I much rather pay a little more and sign a proper RB in Max Aarons. He's familiar with the English game and knows how to defend...

Sessengon had the eaxct same experience (shine in champo; struggle and relegation in EPL) and he's yet to make a dent here.

Aarons is far from a sure thing... Esp. for the 40m-ish Norwich would inevitably command.

Sessengon had the eaxct same experience (shine in champo; struggle and relegation in EPL) and he's yet to make a dent here.

Aarons is far from a sure thing... Esp. for the 40m-ish Norwich would inevitably command.
But Jesus Corona has even less experience and is totally untested in England and he's mainly an attacking winger or WF.
I thought Aaron's price was more around £30M.

No, okay fair.
Let me rephrase..

we have a team of top 4 quality that should finish in those positions.
So do City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United to be fair, so nothing is a certainty. I agree though, if we somehow managed to pull off that CB partnership I think we could finish anywhere in the top 5.

But Jesus Corona has even less experience and is totally untested in England and he's mainly an attacking winger or WF.

My point was purely about Aarons.

I thought Aaron's price was more around £30M.

Norwich have already sold Beundia and Cantwell looks on his way to Villa too..... No real motivation for them to sell any more 1st team players.... It'd require a 'can't refuse' bid.

Has Gil signed yet?

mccartney2-239x300.jpg

So with Real apparently out of the equation that leaves just Utd and Chelsea who might scupper our bid to sign Kounde. Utd want him to cover both right back and centre half positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom