Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting how our transfer window suddenly took off within days of ArcspacE ArcspacE definitive poll showing a large majority wanting Levy out of our club.

The fans raised their voice, the owners listened. (Respect):adesalute:

Massive congratulations and respect to all those who voted.
We did it, lads:tobyarm:

Jose got what he wanted this window. Now we want silverware. /endthread
It's tricky suggesting what would jose need to do to stay on after this season? Is top 4 enough? Or does he need a trophy considering all the signings? Be interesting what levy see's as the minimum jose needs to achieve. I think top 4 or a trophy this season. Then go from there.

The Rudiger hate because he "lied" is really alarming to me. This is coming from a white man who has NEVER dealt with anything related to my skin color.

We should trust the man that he thought he heard something. To think our club has ZERO cunts in it is nuts. Go look at the American politics thread. Plenty of racists in here.
If you were there, you would know how ridiculous the accusation was

Rudiger... a player that called a section of our fans racist and triggered a massive investigation. I don't think this is something the club would look to engage with. Not that they support racism in any form but because they wont want the negative sentiments across social media etc.

I could be totally wrong but whoever writes this shit doesn't think about things first.
But can one odd idiot represent the whole fanbase? It's reported it's been investigated, and no evidence found.

Really interesting situation, for the first time we have got all the targets we started the window needing. We have a manager who can not complain about not being supported and for the first time ever we have not heard the dreaded “we need to sell to buy” it’s now the new “we need to sell because we’ve bought”🤗 No matter what you think of Levy hats off to him for backing Jose. Now Special One remind us all why you’re so special! No excuses!

Exactly. Jose has asked for a list of ingredients that he requires in order to produce a banquet of a team. Levy has provided all of them. Let's get cooking starting Sunday !

It's great to feel the positivity in this forum now. For far too long we've had to make do and mend. Let's give the manager and the squad (old and new) our full support. If we should have the odd stumble then let's not instantly jump on their backs but rather allow them some time to gel into the formidable force I'm sure they can be.

Going to be one hell of a fucking season folks !
:mourthumb:

All this transfer business makes you wonder if it was Poch that was to picky. Or that now that the stadium is finished there are money to spend.

Interesting how our transfer window suddenly took off within days of ArcspacE ArcspacE definitive poll showing a large majority wanting Levy out of our club.

The fans raised their voice, the owners listened. (Respect):adesalute:

Massive congratulations and respect to all those who voted.
We did it, lads:tobyarm:
& they said its pointless us speaking up. The people, united, will never be defeated! Levy had to act to keep the masses at bay.
He saw the tide was turning so made a dam of new signings. But watch out for beavers.

Let's give the manager and the squad (old and new) our full support. If we should have the odd stumble then let's not instantly jump on their backs but rather allow them some time to gel into the formidable force I'm sure they can be.
Totally agree. If we only score 6 past united on Sunday, then lets bite our tongue & give the lads a break & a chance to gel.

I think the league is there for taking this year. Liverpool is good, but to repeat last year, the players start to be fed up with Klopps voice and some are a bit full. Same at City, Pep start looking for new challenges. Chelsea, unbalanced, junior coach. United not that good.

I think we'll win the league and Europa League this year. And Sweden will win the Europa cup next summer. The coming 12 months will rock.

I think the league is there for taking this year. Liverpool is good, but to repeat last year, the players start to be fed up with Klopps voice and some are a bit full. Same at City, Pep start looking for new challenges. Chelsea, unbalanced, junior coach. United not that good.

I think we'll win the league and Europa League this year. And Sweden will win the Europa cup next summer. The coming 12 months will rock.

I think I look pretty good in a suit and tie, plus with a haircut.

Last edited:
All this transfer business makes you wonder if it was Poch that was to picky. Or that now that the stadium is finished there are money to spend.

If I’m honest I think Jose’s knowledge, dedication and track record has put Levy in a position that for the first time he is the one who has to step up to prove he’s up to the job. Jose unlike any other manager we have Previously had has a proven track record and world class caliber that will force Levy to up his game to be at the level Jose demands from himself. This seems like it may work for us fans in the long term🤞🏾

Can’t grumble can we boys, 2 full backs, a midfielder, Bale, a striker

if we get a centre half it’s the icing on the cake but well happy with the window at the moment
Feel like it's a lot of things coming to a head at once. Stadium is complete and the debt manageable. We have a manager with connections, that players seem to want to play for, and is open to options. Taking advantage of opportunities as they come up (Bergwijn, Reguilon, Bale) and working out deals that are financially manageable because of the terms and because other clubs are desperate for cash flow.

We don't actually spend much , Doherty is 15m, PEH is basically a swap, reguilon 27m but will make a profit of 5-10m if madrid ends up exercising their buy back clause which mean we got a free player , bale is also a loan , around 12m per year for his wage , vinicius is 3m loan. So we literally only spend 45m in hard cash, cheaper than ndombele, 5m more than united donny van der beek, while addressing all our key position. This is just smart business and jose's pulling power and connection doing the job. Get skrinnar for 40m or something and this window is 10/10, we finally have a squad that are good enough to challenge all front.

Last edited:
Funny isn’t it...the wage structure, no CL, the new stadium, covid...all the excuses under the sun as to why we don’t spend money and improve the team. Well lads, come back home, put your excuses in the bin and enjoy a club that finally backs their manager. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom