Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe a bit of an elephant in the room when talking about Ndombele, Lo Celso and the like..

How many of our signings perform well in their first season? Maybe I'm a bit tired and examples aren't springing to mind. This isn't a call for an argument about 'no players have a good first season at spurs' by the way - just genuine thought.

There's a good chance someone like Ndombele will have a season spattered with mistakes which will be written off as 'not being up to the Premier league speed' or something.
I think it's very likely that Winks will be a more consistent CM for us next season even if we do sign him.

I'm all for keeping a core together that know each other, with small changes (1-3 players) each season rather than squad overhauls which seem to be in vogue for Spurs fans right now.
Poch is all about 'the man' as well as the player too. We want the right fit of player. A part of me is a little worried we will end up with a situation like when Poch arrived - where a load of French speaking players were swiftly given the boot.

It just came to me - Adebayor. He was good in his first season 😂 and VDV/Dele ... yeah ok my points probably invalid - but think you get the idea. I would suggest the likes of Son, Lucas, Rose, Sissoko, Sanchez for example weren't instant hits.
For me, Sanchez was a colossal overspend. I see no improvement through this last season although he has his supporters on the forum. I hope they're right and I'm just impatient

According to the Mirror we are not only interested in FC Kopenhagen's Robert Skov, but also in FC Nodsjaelland's Andreas Skov Olsen. A 19 year old left footed winger.

Don't be so daft.

You ever listened to your own train network?

They have a list of excuses on a loop for late trains.

It's the same with us and in fact whilst scouring the internet I came upon this site...

#levytransfergullibles.com#
Stop being so wet. It’s perfectly obvious we’re not going to sign anyone. Are you really Spurs? I don’t think so. Get the cushions from your sofa and make a comfy den under the table. Stay there until August and you’ll be sweet. This is good advice.

Stop being so wet. It’s perfectly obvious we’re not going to sign anyone. Are you really Spurs? I don’t think so. Get the cushions from your sofa and make a comfy den under the table. Stay there until August and you’ll be sweet. This is good advice.

I hope Levy pays you well.

What I find funny is that every poster on here who sits on the more positive side of matters would have said last summer..... wait, of course we will make signings, it's only June, blah blah blah.

The one difference is that it was strewn with World Cup chicanery and the warped belief that we had a side good enough to win it. Where have I heard that before🤔🤔🤔

At least Southgate had the excuse of not being able to buy players.

Last edited:
For me, Sanchez was a colossal overspend. I see no improvement through this last season although he has his supporters on the forum. I hope they're right and I'm just impatient

Bit harsh... easy to get exposed in his position. I remember Ledley and others at the start of their career making silly mistakes. Ledley was the king of miss-judged shin height headers... took a few howlers before he totally cut that out of his game. Sanchez is a good footballer, needs time to form a partnership. Vert and Toby have played at club and international level for years, it's an insane partnership and we're very fortunate to have it. Give Sanchez another couple of seasons and a decent run of games before making a decision.

Can all the playground antics piss off to another thread in random.

It’s embarrassing having to look through all this shite being spouted by apparent adults

There will always be locked horns but it's starting to take the piss. I know this thread turns everyone insane but there has to be a point when enough is enough.

Couple of posts making your point then move on, if it can't be resolved in that time it is never going to be.

I hope Levy pays you well.

What I find funny is that every poster on here who sits on the more positive side of matters would have said last summer..... wait, of course we will make signings, it's only June, blah blah blah.

The one difference is that it was strewn with World Cup chicanery and the warped belief that we had a side good enough to win it. Where have I heard that before🤔🤔🤔

At least Southgate had the excuse of not being able to buy players.
Levy pays me £900 a week - and I try to earn it.

Another Poch boo boo......we’d have at least an equally good CB as Toby now if Sanchez was allowed to continue his development from the 2017/18 season when Toby playing for Belgium and telling the world he was fit, yet Poch was dropping him.

Something went on there, and Sanchez was forging a very good understanding in the team.

Seems we pandered to Toby in the end, who probably won’t be here next season anyway, and put Sanchez back a year.
Same shit we are going to do with Eriksen now at someone else’s expense

bored? have a read...

leeds fans on clarke to spurs.

Edit...
"£10-14m up front, another couple if Spurs qualify for the CL again this coming season, a couple more if he plays for England's first team and a 10% sell-on clause."

:levystare:

"Daniel Levy is one heck of an astute businessman. The job he's done for Spurs is absolutely incredible, IMHO"

:levywhoa:

"If there is one thing that I do have a pet hate with Leeds United it has to be the lack of urgency in getting in players early. We seems to be on the transfer trail of so many players according to a magnanimous amount of websites but we are I believe a little too meticulous and overly cautious when getting signings in."

:levylol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom