Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The squad is still whole, we have not lost anyone of substance since that sniveling Walker left and everyone knows each-others game. Rejuvenated Lucas is bonus

I respect your opinion Mate, but there is no way our squad is as strong as anybody's.. man city's is better than ours. Chelski, United and Liverpool have squads that I would say are stronger in depth than ours. Maybe there first 11 are not any better..
A fair enough Man City yes but they are stronger but they are stronger than everybody!

Welcome. Levy in or Levy out?
No fence sitting

Since I'm new I'd like to weigh in on this as well. Levy In, but with heavy criticism. I personally think the positives outweigh the negatives by a little. Even though I'm a yank, I can't forgive the possible move to Stratford or MK. This transfer window was pretty bad as well. We've had to suffer through Sherwood as manager... cmon!! But what I remember most is when I first started supporting Spurs, we were clearly mid table with CL nowhere in sight. We've now established ourselves as a perennial contender and have laid the foundations for a successful future. I'll reserve judgment further until the end of next summer's transfer window to see if this one was the new norm or a one off. Regardless, COYS!!!

As client reference number 2403*** i understand that it is my role to accept and not challenge. I am a consumer. Not a supporter. I am a customer and have no identity to THFC. It is not my place to challenge the owners of the club in anyway. They know and understand business. And my view on Tottenham is clouded in emotion, which is counter a lot of times to modern Football business. Is it an emotional experience anymore on any level except nostalgia ?

My nostalgic emotional view is clouded by packed bus rides to the stadium and the bloody long walk from Seven Sisters, or the 444 ride from Chingford via Edmonton, the pubs, the people, the understanding that we ( as a community ) were never getting more than a kick in arse from Thatcher’s / Blair’s governments - but there was a Stadium burried on that god awful Tottenham High Road full of every dream that would save us from the reality of our mundane everyday world. It was not a “world class venue” far from it in fact, but it meant more than Buckingham Palace.

A stadium and a team full of moments where anything was possible. Although there was clearly greed going on, it was masked by Tony Parks saving penalties, it was masked by Pleats wonderful but flawed team and saved by Gazza and Lineker.

Even when it got bad under Sugar he popped up with a Ginola, Klinsman, Ferdinand and all on a fairly regular basis to lift some of the doom & gloom. Signings mean something on an emotional level. It gives a hope that something will click and, even if just for a moment, it makes you think it’s possible to close a 30 point gap or move from 3rd to 1st or from the semi to a final. To bring the hope of victory.

Tonight we don’t have that short term burst of optimism. I think most of us know a new stadium don’t win games anymore than a new car park gives you a better car. We will have to see where this goes next, but Santa ain’t coming this Christmas with a new present. So hopefully last years gift will do.

Tonight It feels very much like a cheese bar for the NFL took precedent over potential glory. It feels very much like something I love has changed and the last embers of what was the emotional tie may now really be past. It is something new now. Perhaps something I no longer understand. One fact I do know is there is no point buying Panini 2019, it’s the same as Panini 2018 for us....why change last year’s kit when it would have done for this year ?

Was doing nothing the “Brave” thing? Was that the new emotion ? I don’t feel it was, but I am only Client reference number 2403***. What do I know ?

C'mon mate, chin up.
Team full of internationals, young lads that are getting better all the time, best stadium in the world, etc etc.

And you know that twat down the road, the one that buys a new car every year and thinks it makes him a better man? He's just a twat in a new car.

Since I'm new I'd like to weigh in on this as well. Levy In, but with heavy criticism. I personally think the positives outweigh the negatives by a little. Even though I'm a yank, I can't forgive the possible move to Stratford or MK. This transfer window was pretty bad as well. We've had to suffer through Sherwood as manager... cmon!! But what I remember most is when I first started supporting Spurs, we were clearly mid table with CL nowhere in sight. We've now established ourselves as a perennial contender and have laid the foundations for a successful future. I'll reserve judgment further until the end of next summer's transfer window to see if this one was the new norm or a one off. Regardless, COYS!!!

Yep. In the last 14 years of the Premier League we have averaged 5.7 finish compared to 10.1 in the 14 seasons between 87/88 to 2000/01 (the season before ENIC bought THFC).

Welcome to the forum friend. I hope you consider sharing your thoughts on the Newcastle game in the match thread. Always good to hear new opinions and viewpoints on here. Cheers.
Cheer
Welcome to the forum friend. I hope you consider sharing your thoughts on the Newcastle game in the match thread. Always good to hear new opinions and viewpoints on here. Cheers.
Cheers bk, will head over there and add my view, but am pretty confident of a 3-1 with 2 sissoko assists

We didn't sell anyone important. So it's not a bad situation. It's disappointing that we didn't strengthen, but such is life. Kovacic would have been decent, but he was part of a bigger deal and as such we could not get him.

The supporters trust has spoken out of turn and essentially attacked Levy. They are a disgrace for this and they do not speak for me. Their open letter is an act of childish attention seeking from people naive to the nature of negotiation and market forces. Cringe.

....Mate, I understand you're upset and underwhelmed but your opinion and mine for that matter mean sod all. It's what Poch and his team think that matters and Poch says he is happy. He could have said he wasn't and would be snapped up by most of the top 10 clubs in the world, such is his reputation.

Would Poch really be as happy as he is with this transfer window if hadnt been given a fat ass contract. From someone who was posturing with his " business done early" and comes out with "risky and brave" stuff before the contract, he turned all limpy with his we will see what happens, maybe "1 or 0 or 2, 3 ,4 signings"(even numbers in the wrong fucking order). Of course hes going to be happy, any normal human would be happy with a large amount of money being deposited in their account.

Would Poch really be as happy as he is with this transfer window if hadnt been given a fat ass contract. From someone who was posturing with his " business done early" and comes out with "risky and brave" stuff before the contract, he turned all limpy with his we will see what happens, maybe "1 or 0 or 2, 3 ,4 signings"(even numbers in the wrong fucking order). Of course hes going to be happy, any normal human would be happy with a large amount of money being deposited in their account.
I have never had the impression that Pochettino's primary aim is financial self enrichment. You read like a drunken cunt from outerfuckspace. Enjoy your AIDS death on Mars.

This is the only thing that grates me when it comes to our window. The amount of time we heard that we couldn't attract class because of our Champions League status. We finally establish ourselves as a Champions League club consistently and no advantage is taken.

I do make the club right but with such a small previous window of opportunity would we have been better off lumping on someone Pochettino really liked?

This is the only thing that grates me when it comes to our window. The amount of time we heard that we couldn't attract class because of our Champions League status. We finally establish ourselves as a Champions League club consistently and no advantage is taken.

I do make the club right but with such a small previous window of opportunity would we have been better off lumping on someone Pochettino really liked?

I think we could have signed Kovacic, but only if Lloris had gone the other way... or perhaps Kane. Would you have liked that? That's what Chelsea have done. And then they've spent a fucktonne on a highly rated gamble goalie that everyone apart from Totti Totti had never heard of. Is that what you would prefer?

DkL5MZjW4AYaozc.jpg

I have never had the impression that Pochettino's primary aim is financial self enrichment. You read like a drunken cunt from outerfuckspace. Enjoy your AIDS death on Mars.
His primary aim isnt self enrichment but anyone who has just been paid so much money by their employer is hardly going to be unhappy so soon after being paid so much money. Are you saying Poch is that ungrateful?

As for the rest of the creepy weird stuff...classy as always.

Back
Top Bottom