Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will never leave us

I used to get the same stick when I did the same with Tommy Carroll and Lamela and Terry Fenwick before

It’s all tongue in cheek as I’m fully aware of their respective limitations but I disagree with all the bile that they receive as it’s undeserved

When anyone pulls on our shirt I get behind them, blindly sometimes

To answer your question should he do the unthinkable

Onomah
Agree 100% he is a loyal servant to the club, one of our worst players, but he’s Spurs and has my support.

I have a sick feeling we're gonna be leggy as fuck for the first couple of weeks. Add that to me remembering our bench is sub par. This season isn't looking bright.

If all fully fit, and no one comes in or leaves..

Lloris

Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Davies

Winks
Dier

Eriksen
Kane
Dele

Vorm
Rose
KWP
Dembele
Lamela
Moura
Son

Trust me, when all fit we have a great squad capable of winning things. The issue we have is them all staying fit You can add Wanyama, Aurier, Janssen, N'Kouduo and Llorente to the list who wouldnt even make the bench. Most players that come in would struggle to break into the starting eleven. What we really need is a signing that will come in and would be good enough to get straight into the eleven... Bale, Martial, Zaha type.

Last edited:

Lloris

Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Davies

Winks
Dier

Eriksen
Kane
Dele

Vorm
Davies
KWP
Dembele
Lamela
Moura
Son

Trust me, when all fit we have a great squad capable of winning things. The issue we have is them all staying fit You can add Wanyama, Aurier, Janssen, N'Kouduo and Llorente to the list who wouldnt even make the bench. Most players that come in would struggle to break into the starting eleven. What we really need is a signing that will come in and would be good enough to get straight into the eleven... Bale, Martial, Zaha type.
We don't have a strong enough bench to win the Champions League or play all the league games/cup games IMO

Fair point. Does go to show how much they can mask what's going on behind the scenes.

Would 'lying by omission' fit?

Nope.

I think 'fans buying into media/twitter hype according to what they want to be true' is far more accurate.

(The club announcing Rose to be in the shithouse helps no-one; least of all us if the plan was to get rid all along.)

Lloris

Trippier
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Vertonghen
Davies

Winks
Dier

Eriksen
Kane
Dele

Vorm
Davies
KWP
Dembele
Lamela
Moura
Son

You’re missing someone

Should we also be asking questions of our scouting system. Is the criteria they are working with too restrictive or are they just not doing their job?
You’d have thought they’d have identified some players in Europe/UK of the type Pochettino wanted to replace or increase squad depth.
Maybe they did but we need to shift some Non HG first.
Then you’d have thought Pochettino would have told players who he thought wouldn’t feature this year and their agents get to work.
Then the WC comes into play.

The bloke in charge of the scouting Europe has a decent track record.
I just don’t understand .
Every season under Pochettino we have had the likes of Foyth, Davison, Njie, Nkoudo, Son, Dier, Stambouli, Janssen Not a bean this.
Yet we still have 3 weeks to sell so could buy. Yet you have to be sure you can. That is dependent on the player and his agent more than us. Maybe they are not as hasty to get out. They have choices too. Don’t have to leave for a club if they don’t want to. Can leave us in the shit or cause disruption if we don’t allow it.
Then we have the players nobody seems to be interested in, even on loan it seems
I was expecting Janssen to have gone by now. What’s he been doing in his obvious absence. Training on his jack jones in some corner of the complex in a hoodie?

It all can’t be down to reluctance to do business.
You have your main target, then options.
What did nobody want to come here or did every single club/player ask more than we were willing to pay, just this season
Yet there’s has been no mention of us formally bidding for anyone but Grealish.

Meanwhile the likes of Nkoudo, Janssen Llorente have not one interested party.
Has Nkoudo even been told he will not be a part of the squad this season.
it looks like Fernandos old mans statement made any potential buyers not completely desperate wait for a squad player they will get for nish next summer.

I’ll get called irrational so will leave it there

I'll be tossing and turning all night not knowing who it is..

On a different note though. People saying we'll have a poor season if we dont sign anyone, Grealish isn't going to get into the starting 11, not many signings we're linked with would.

If we go out tomorrow and sign Brozovic or Martial then maybe they would, but thats a far way off.

Back
Top Bottom