Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's an interesting take on our transfer window thus far.

I know the boy Hotspur gets a pass from most on here, but this is a guest blog and its worth a read at least

ENIC Deserving Of Public Excoriation & Condemnation - Harry Hotspur

To be fair, he does exhort Levy of most of the blame in favour of the top man himself. Joe Lewis

Meh... I get what they are saying, but, I also am unimpressed by the argument that Levy won't spend- he just spent huge on new contracts for Poch and Kane, and on what is soon to be the greatest stadium in Europe.

Criticizing the lack of signings without understanding the whole context of who it is we could actually sign can lead us to a false conclusion that ENIC are hoarding profits. There's barely any CL homegrown players decent or available enough to make it worth bidding on. I wouldn't be surprised if Levy thought his best option was brinksmanship for Martial while wearing down Villa's resolve for a late bargain swoop for Grealish- especially since the alternative seems to be "70m" Zaha.

Our CM situation looked pretty good up until a couple weeks ago with Winks and Wayama injury setbacks in quick succession- I can forgive Levy and Poch for thinking that they would be sufficiently covered to allow for a late in the window purchase. This is the unfortunate part though- because we left it late, we are now in a position where we have insufficient cover for the start of the season no matter what business happens. Its a tough break but that's life and we must cope.

None of that though is necessarily the fault of Poch and Levy though, except maybe not being quite prepared enough for the possibility of multiple CM injuries. Whatever business may happen, we're still gonna start the season with a decimated central midfield. We'll definitely have a chance to be brave in navigating the situation.

It would be a win win situation. For all 4 parties. Why its not happened yet is a fucking mystery.

Posturing. Man United is going to drag it out as long as possible. They have to show the rest of the world who’s in charge and making an example of Martial. You know Jose wants to make Martial miserable as long as possible.

Feel like Spurs, to a much lesser extent, are doing the same to Toby

Because maybe Pochs needs are more important than what this forum wants.

Maybe Poch would rather use Moura?

It stands to reason that just because some fans want Martial it doesn’t mean the manager does.

Maybe Poch does want him, just maybe Poch’s views on incomings are the same as some in this thread. None of us know either way - it’s speculative which what a large component of forum comprises of and seemingly something you unable to grasp.

Maybe Poch would rather strengthen another area with the money.....like a CB for example.

Imagine that! Replacing a CB with a CB and not with an AM!!
Imagine having 5 days till the end of transfer window. If Poch wanted something or someone, we would done it already right? by your logic.

Healthy Lamela, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane? Our attack is healthier right now than it has been in a while.
Add to that a sizzling Lucas Moura? Whew- the guy is going to be an absolute menace for us this year.
I don't really care who/if we get in attack- we're stacked with talent right now and should at least feel pretty good about that.

Maybe Poch does want him, just maybe Poch’s views on incomings are the same as some in this thread. None of us know either way - it’s speculative which what a large component of forum comprises of and seemingly something you unable to grasp.

I grasp the facts. The facts are what Poch says are the facts.

We are working on deals but it’s difficult
The club is calm
We might not sign anyone but are trying

Toby is a spurs player and Martial is a Utd player.
If Poch wants Martial, we will sign him, if he doesn’t we won’t. There is a chance Martial doesn’t want to play for Spurs though and we miss out even though we tried. That’s what I believe.

You believe that if we dont get Martial it’s because Levy has shafted the manager.
That’s all the rationale you have.

Andrew Gaffney‏Verified account @GaffneyVLC 12m12 minutes ago
Yerry Mina is heading to Everton for €32m, will sign a 5-year deal. #efchttps://twitter.com/albert_roge/status/1026181244818804736 …

Albert Rogé
‏ @albert_roge

1f525.png
1f525.png
Yerry Mina a un paso de convertirse en nuevo jugador del Everton. Habría acuerdo entre clubes por 32 millones y firmaría cinco temporadas. Se están cerrando los últimos detalles de la operación https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/yerry-mina-al-everton-6977282 … #fcblivepic.twitter.com/5bYmH59Y28

Looks like ManU's options to reinforce CB's has just reduced again after ManU refused to pay Agents fees. Other than £85m Harry Maguire at Leicester, Toby Alderweireld is probably one of the last remaining options ?

Imagine having 5 days till the end of transfer window. If Poch wanted something or someone, we would done it already right? by your logic.

Poch I think is just as much a gambler as Levy. He might be frustrated with how the situation has evolved, I doubt he is at odds with Levy about any of this. Maybe wishes that the club could spend a bit more money, but I doubt he is personally upset about it.

Poch has said we are trying to sign players....we either get them or we don’t.

What we won’t do is stockpile and then try and start a fire sale to fund the new players.
Is there a scenario in which you condemn our transfer window ? Genuine question

Poch has said we are trying to sign players....we either get them or we don’t.

What we won’t do is stockpile and then try and start a fire sale to fund the new players.
What is he supposed to say?
I'm not blaming anyone, but to be the only club in the fuckin league not to sign a player is baaad. Really bad. You can spin it however you want. Maybe we get 1-2 players untile the end. For now, it's not looking good.

Good laugh at the latest ITK. We're not interested in Martial as a p/x due to the HG issues.

Lists Jansen GNK and another as already not being on the squad list, and Martial would create a 4th.

Am I thick, or wouldn't us p/xing Toby for Martial be a nil sums game in terms of the HG impact???

I repeat: Show the celebration or GTFO, you massive cunt.

“More than happy to have lost”.
Try the fucking opposite, you clownshoe. You have to be a special kind of retard to get that from my message.

Edit: and where the fuck have I slated off Levy? You see ghosts. Put down the pipe.
Are you always this angry? I would guess no. Unless maybe Spurs win. How will be able to tag your most hated posters then?

I am so excited at seeing what Llorente can really do with a full pre season under his belt.

I am sure that my impression of a 33 year old drawing his pension sightseeing in London with his Mrs was totally unfounded last season, come on Fernando , prove me wrong !!!!

Yours sincerely,

A. Moron

:pritchardeyes:

Is there a scenario in which you condemn our transfer window ? Genuine question

Latest hipster craze? My position has been the same for years, weird you say that. Thought it was widely known.

I’d condemn the window if we pandered to twitter and spunked 40M on Sessengon while fucking Davies off down the river....
I’m all for improving the squad, but preferably I’d rather use the squad.

If we decide to keep Llorente and Nkoudou etc I’ll be really fucked off if we don’t give them a chance,like I was last season.

I have no problem criticizing Poch, or Levy or Dele, Kane or whoever.

What I won’t do is slag off a policy that has taken us from top 8 to title challengers with regular CL football and the best stadium and academy in Europe in one decade, because......because.......because “Zaha”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom