Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would give them cover for both De Ligt & De Jong with him having versatility to play in both positions. I think it's safe to say that one of them will move on now, I'd be amazed if they have splashed out that kind of money with no intention of shipping a highly sought after asset out.

This could mean De Ligt moving to Juve or to us, could mean that De Jong is on the move (he's been heavily linked to Barca). If he goes to Barca it could see Barca drop their interest in Rabiot or if Barca get Rabiot in along with De Jong with both being linked, it could see one or two central midfielders at Barca (Gomes & Denis Suarez I hope) become available.

The Daley Blind signing could have a bit of a knock on effect depending on what Ajax are buying him for
Allegedly Barca can only afford either Rabiot or De Jong, not both. I wouldn't take any cast-offs though, they are simply not good enough.

I think I'd rather have De Ligt over De Jong. He's closer to the finished article.

OK, out of boredom i have gone back though the players we have been linked to in July so far.Here we go
A. Gomes
H.Lozano
A. Martial
B.Pavard
Malcolm
M. Gonzalo
J.Mario
W.Barrios
J. Grealish
J. Asoro
J.F Quintero
W.Zaha
A.Rabiot
A.Rebic
H. Magire
G.Bale
A. Plea
S.N'Zonzi
A. Grimaldo
B. Fernandes
D.Vida
L.Shaw
T. N'Dombele
A.Haidara
Y. Mina
D.Mertens
R.Rodriguez
C.Pulisic
G,Martins
Y. Karamoh
Rafinha
K.Tierney
N.Fekir
:nawty:

OK, out of boredom i have gone back though the players we have been linked to in July so far.
Here we go

A. Gomes
H.Lozano
A. Martial
B.Pavard
Malcolm
M. Gonzalo
J.Mario
W.Barrios
J. Grealish
J. Asoro
J.F Quintero
W.Zaha
A.Rabiot
A.Rebic
H. Magire
G.Bale
A. Plea
S.N'Zonzi
A. Grimaldo
B. Fernandes
D.Vida
L.Shaw
T. N'Dombele
A.Haidara
Y. Mina
D.Mertens
R.Rodriguez
C.Pulisic
G,Martins
Y. Karamoh
Rafinha
K.Tierney
N.Fekir

You could have at least put the list in Alphabetical order!

Several news channels carrying the story that Inter Milan have withdrawn their offer to Dembele as he was taking too long to agree anything - and of course the Chinese window closed a few days ago.....so he could remain at Spurs.

Alderweireld seems 50/50 to remain at Spurs as other then Man|U their appear to be no suiters and ManU want a deal far short of Spurs valuation. So looks like he's either staying or a last minute deal whereby Martial comes to Spurs and Alderweireld goes to ManU.

So if both Dembele and Alderweireld stay for another season (but I think both might leave next summer), Son we lose for maybe 25% of the season due to him going to Asian games, what types of player do we actually need ?

Can you see Poch taking a chance on using a few youngsters (maybe including Grealish, Foyth, Carter-Vickers et al ) this coming season with a view to seeing if they are good enough to stay in the first team squad for 2019/20 ?

Toby and Dembele deciding to stay could be a reason we haven't done any business. We expected those two to leave (Toby still might) - but if Poch feels he can get an extra year out of Dembele, then maybe there is no rush for his replacement as he feels Grealish, Winks, Wanyama, Dier are more than enough as well as potentially moving to a system that incorporates Eriksen and/or Dele a bit deeper?

I like to think that Spurs and more importantly Pochettino know what they doing.

Back
Top Bottom