Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't realize we only had 6 weeks left. Honestly that's very bad

giphy.gif

Love dembele but this is the time for say goodbye. He’s past his peak I reckon. The two seasons before this one he was unbeatable but his body doesn’t forgive. A class act and one of the best we had in the last decade. But we can get more than 30M it’s an extraordinary deal. And use that money to buy a great center mid to replace him. All the love to him either he goes to China or Italy
Agree with this. I would love to see him stay at the club as a mentor for our other centre mids but I honestly think he wants to go to a club where he can play relatively regularly without the physical demands of Poch's training/the Premier League, which is totally understandable with the injury issues he's had. Signing Ndombele as well as the return of a fully fit Winksy should go some way towards replacing the great man. He's been a magnificent servant, but for everyone's sake it is probably best for him to move on.

Agree with this. I would love to see him stay at the club as a mentor for our other centre mids but I honestly think he wants to go to a club where he can play relatively regularly without the physical demands of Poch's training/the Premier League, which is totally understandable with the injury issues he's had. Signing Ndombele as well as the return of a fully fit Winksy should go some way towards replacing the great man. He's been a magnificent servant, but for everyone's sake it is probably best for him to move on.
I’d rather see him leave still seen as a great player than the club kick him out in a couple of years when he won’t be good enough.

Perfectly said.

It could be as much about playing as it is about money/contract length. But I wouldn't begrudge him leaving for either reason.

I'd be interested to see how he fared in Italy though. Going to China is a bit meh.

Back
Top Bottom