Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Poch has basically confirmed that we're not signing any players. Close the thread. Absolute fucking shambles. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dele, Toby and Dembele have no new contracts. Eriksen 2 years left, Vertonghen, Toby and Dembele 1 year left. What a fucking mess we're in, SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur can try and spin it all that he wants. We have seriously messed up and it's going to cost us. I don't buy that we're just guaranteed to finish in the top 4 because we've done it last season. Wake up you dim cunt, can't you see the situation. The best defence we've ever had, at least in the pl era, is about to be broken up. Dembele is leaving soon and Eriksen probably along with him. What a fucking shambles of a transfer window and a big massive fuck you to Daniel Levy you pathetic penny pinching cunt. Imagine bidding 3m and Onomah for Grealish and then dillying around until there's a few hours left of the window.

Spot on my friend. I’m fuming. A long hard season ahead.
What you forgot to mention is the injuries/fitness issues a lot out players have also.
And we won’t be in a situation to panic buy player when we have our usual bad start to the season.
Absolute disgrace.
#levyout

So Poch has basically confirmed that we're not signing any players. Close the thread. Absolute fucking shambles. Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dele, Toby and Dembele have no new contracts. Eriksen 2 years left, Vertonghen, Toby and Dembele 1 year left. What a fucking mess we're in, SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur can try and spin it all that he wants. We have seriously messed up and it's going to cost us. I don't buy that we're just guaranteed to finish in the top 4 because we've done it last season. Wake up you dim cunt, can't you see the situation. The best defence we've ever had, at least in the pl era, is about to be broken up. Dembele is leaving soon and Eriksen probably along with him. What a fucking shambles of a transfer window and a big massive fuck you to Daniel Levy you pathetic penny pinching cunt. Imagine bidding 3m and Onomah for Grealish and then dillying around until there's a few hours left of the window.
You really are the pessimist's pessimist...

To the West Ham and Brighton types who think they have beaten us in the transfer window and think they have right to shout from the rooftops.. Think again, the only reason you sign so many players is because you are so shit in the first place. We don't need 7 or 8 players. we cold have done with 2 or 3 but such is life.
Shit and average players are easy to sign, no one else wants the shit that you lot signed. Not one of them would get in our team.
Man City sign 2 players, Man Utd the same, chelsea 1 outfield player.. Brighton loads, Wolves loads, West Ham loads.. has the penny dropped yet? good clubs struggle to sign top players, shit clubs find it easy to sign shit players.
There is no trophy for the most signings you fuckwits.

I simply said he wasn't frozen out.

If he was frozen out - he wouldn't have been training with the first team nor would he have made our bench. Lennon, Kaboul, Adebayor, Bentaleb, Townsend. All players who have been frozen out, dismissed from first team affairs and eventually sold.

No idea why Poch didn't play him - maybe he thought he'd rather prepare for life without him as he thought he would be sold in the summer? No idea.

Funnily enough, you don't either.

Oh so now you're arguing over the word I used?

A player that is good enough to start for us every week but barely played at all and is benched every week for non-footballing reasons is frozen out in my opinion.

Interesting that you say a definition of frozen out is they're eventually sold. Well, it seems we've been trying to flog him all Summer but either us or Toby, or both, have been demanding too much and we haven't been able to.

We both have an idea. Because we can both agree he's easily good enough to get into our team. We all said he was the best CB in the league up until the point he got injured. You're just choosing to ignore that and pretend he might have not been picked because Poch didn't think he was good enough. Which is total nonsense.

Roll over Ryan Nelsen
2fkb4z.jpg

Irdxm6C.png

I know it seems bad. I would have liked a signing or two as well. But it really could be so much worse. It’s not like there is an exodus going on. It’s not exactly shambolic. I’m opting to keep faith in Poch and the staff

Can't really argue with that apart from typing players twice...
yes you can, there's never a perfect squad and you can always improve somewhere. I would appreciated it more if they outright said listen there was a cockup, we failed to sign any of our targets but I stand behind my squad and think we can compete

Keeping our squad together wasn't the issue to begin with

The levels people go to justify the absolute shambles of a transfer window. Players are older and another year of experience makes them better - great stuff, we only need the remaining 19 teams' players to all sit on their asses not training and we might do better than them. City demolished the league and still went and signed players. Liverpool were runners-up in the CL, went out and signed players.

We may not feel the impact now, but it will hurt us. Short term not considered, what this clearly shows is a terrible lack of planning, absolutely no clue scouting in place and very bad investment plans for the team. I can only assume that the club has paid account members putting a positive spin on everything the club does here.

Seriously which kind of a football supporter prioritises a world class training facility and stadium over investment in the team. The team is the most important asset to a football club, and shocking there has been such a terrible backing to get that asset better.
Fantastic Post YidDriver YidDriver
Pretty much sums up the feeling of every Spurs fan across the land who cares more about our football team and less about the cunts pretending to run it.

Last edited:
All we can do now is watch it all pan out. Only time will tell whether this summer has been a disaster, average or a masterstroke.

Regardless of what happens in the next 3 hours, bring on Saturday afternoon.

Oh so now you're arguing over the word I used?

A player that is good enough to start for us every week but barely played at all and is benched every week for non-footballing reasons is frozen out in my opinion.

Interesting that you say a definition of frozen out is they're eventually sold. Well, it seems we've been trying to flog him all Summer but either us or Toby, or both, have been demanding too much and we haven't been able to.

We both have an idea. Because we can both agree he's easily good enough to get into our team. We all said he was the best CB in the league up until the point he got injured. You're just choosing to ignore that and pretend he might have not been picked because Poch didn't think he was good enough. Which is total nonsense.

Your opinion.

It's not my definition of frozen out - it's a fact that every player known to be frozen out by Pochettino was forced to train with the kids (for non-footballing reasons) and was eventually sold.

He is good enough to get in our team. Personally, if Pochettino doesn't want to play him, I couldn't care less. That call is on Pochettino. I thought we dealt admirably well without him. If he isn't willing to commit to us then I can see why Pochettino would have that stance. He isn't freezing him out though, he's just playing those who are 100% committed to the club. What's wrong with that?

[@StandardSport] also believe providing Tottenham Hotspur are able to sell the players which are no longer in Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team plans, Spurs could then use the acquired funds to launch a last-minute transfer for Crystal Palace attacker Wilfried Zaha.

How are SC ITK going to spin this window!

Our midfield is really worrying. Only woolwich has a worst one than ours. From the top 6.
Just look at the chavs, Kante, kovacic and Jorginho. All three would start for us. And they aren’t even on the CL. how can we not be a little worried?

Back
Top Bottom