Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Gomes is a strange one for me. He isn't really similar to Barkley - isn't a dribbler, can't play behind the strikers. We have Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Winks for the two spots in midfield, don't see why we need another.

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Tottenham are discussing a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

Gomes is a similar profile to Ross Barkley and Barcelona, who want want to sell some players, have put both him and Arda Turan on the market.

Spurs remain interested in Barkley but have been put off making a move for him in this window due to his injury.
Ok then we will take Arda on loan.

Gomes is a better ball player than any of our current midfield lot. He might not cope physically or energetically, but he is comfortable with the ball at his feet. He is not the absolute best world class that Barca want, but he could be an upgrade for us.

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Tottenham are discussing a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

Gomes is a similar profile to Ross Barkley and Barcelona, who want want to sell some players, have put both him and Arda Turan on the market.

Spurs remain interested in Barkley but have been put off making a move for him in this window due to his injury.
Not sure Gomes and Barkley are too similar, Gomes plays deeper doesn't he?

Can't say I've seen an awful lot of him, he looks "tidy" on the highlights reel, as in "unfussy".

It takes a bit to give me the raging horn these days, not sure yon André is that man

Llorente is a strange one. Quality player though. Just can't see him playing with Kane.

Would like to see a tactical shift such that Kane isn't the only out and out forward we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom