Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Lennon love, he had an average season he may have been amazing in 5 or 6 games (the Utd home game by far his best) but he was shit in another 9 or 10. The other 30 in between were nothing fantastic and Sigurdsson was better than him in the second half of the season.

I still think you can put a large part of bales performance at spurs down to lennon, don't get me wrong, Bales a much better player than he was and alot of it was down to AVB giving him the central role, but lennon opens up so much space for him and offers such a contrast with his agility and low center of gravity.

That period where lennon was injured, the team wasn't in as good form as we had been and i reckon the stats will show that I don't really see that as a coincidence.

I also think lennon is the sort of player who works well under AVB, someone who gives him more instruction rather than telling him to just go out there and play football.

I don't think we really missed Lennon, we just missed having the balance. Bale and Lennon stretch a teams defence, alone they can get crowded.

I think Lennon is good, an asset. I'd like him to shoot more but apart from that he's great. The only thing is that he is too short and not strong enough in terms of what I think AVB is aiming for. I think this coming season with the athletism, height and strength combined with possession he is aiming to sweep some teams aside, but that only works if you have that same theme running throughout the team. In such games my guess is that Lennon won't feature much. But AVB is also building a squad with different options because not all teams we face are the same, so I think Lennon will stay and still be used enough.

I think Lennon is good, an asset. I'd like him to shoot more but apart from that he's great. The only thing is that he is too short and not strong enough in terms of what I think AVB is aiming for. I think this coming season with the athletism, height and strength combined with possession he is aiming to sweep some teams aside, but that only works if you have that same theme running throughout the team. In such games my guess is that Lennon won't feature much. But AVB is also building a squad with different options because not all teams we face are the same, so I think Lennon will stay and still be used enough.

AVB is going for silverware. Deep squad is the name of the game.

Hard worker, good feet and scores easily ... I m not worried about how Chadli will get on at Spurs. Has a very good mentality , not the cry baby type when things dont go his way. Not a superstar to be though.

Oh and he mostly plays on the left so why bench Lennon ...

Hard worker, good feet and scores easily ... I m not worried about how Chadli will get on at Spurs. Has a very good mentality , not the cry baby type when things dont go his way. Not a superstar to be though.

Oh and he mostly plays on the left so why bench Lennon ...

I think it's pretty clear that Bale will primarily be playing on the right, or centrally these days. I think his days on the left are behind him. So in terms of "First XI" for a cup final or something, if everyone is healthy, if everyone is on form, etc - then I do think Lennon might be the odd man out.

That being said, actual matches during an actual season aren't played with "First XI" every week. Squad depth is something that has killed Spurs over the years, so having quality players to rotate and play is a huge, huge benefit. Whether or not Chadli or Lennon or Townsend are "first choice" matters a lot less than the fact we have 3 quality wingers and effective depth at that position.

Na he's not Walcott, he knows he's best roaming and that that needs a striker ahead of him to create space and make runs. Not sure the discipline needed to be a proper striker would suit Bale at all (although he'd probably make it work).

My guess is he's off to Napoli mate.

Besides, I doubt we have been back for him this window at all. AVB said the I interest was over in January and it just seemed like we had bid as much as we were ever going to for LD, and now we look elsewhere.

Bring on Charlie Austin!

Different Leandro.

Leandro Damio playes for Internacional.

A bit of "out of the box" thinking, is Bale so happy to stay because he has been promised a go at being a striker?

Possible?

Discuss....

(probably not, but it's something to talk about)

A central striker requires different attributes than what players like Bale and Ronaldo like playing as, I watched an interview with Ronaldo when Madrid were short on strikers and he made it clear he didn't enjoy the role but would play there if needed. Not saying Bale is Ronaldo level but seeing as he models himself on him..

3f6fe7dad397bea2d07a567004523918.png

saw this on spurs fb and thought it was quite clever, scuse the hashtag

Eóin - Valencia News@XimoVCF 2m
Roberto Soldado's agents have informed Valencia that Tottenham will present an offer close to €30m in the coming days

:avbdamn:
Just came on to share this actually. Followed this guy for two years or so and although he collates information from various Valencia news sources, he normally adds his opinions and is very up to date with the club. Most trusted source for me about Valencia so hopefully there's some truth in this!

I might sperm my boxers if we sign him though, that's a real Football Manager dream signing.. :levywtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom