Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're rivals not title contenders, lets not get ahead of ourselves please..

‘First, Chelsea wouldn’t sell to Tottenham in any way or form, as they think that we are title contenders,’ said Villas-Boas,

Now let's go back to what I said.

No way they would loan him to us if the reason they wouldn't sell us Mata is because we are tittle contenders.

@ Hegarz Hegarz You consistently neg rep me, yet this is the first time you have addressed one of the posts you have neg repped. My rational behind saying "if the reason they wouldn't sell us Mata is because we are title contenders," was because that's exactly the reason AVB said. He consistently slate me, yet I don't see you on your high horse in the front office.

‘First, Chelsea wouldn’t sell to Tottenham in any way or form, as they think that we are title contenders,’ said Villas-Boas,

Now let's go back to what I said.

@ Hegarz Hegarz You consistently neg rep me, yet this is the first time you have addressed one of the posts you have neg repped. My rational behind saying "if the reason they wouldn't sell us Mata is because we are title contenders," was because that's exactly the reason AVB said. He consistently slate me, yet I don't see you on your high horse in the front office.

I neg rep you when you talk out your ass..

How does he know what they think? They never said they see us as title contenders, and I'd be very surprised if they did.

You try not sell to your rivals, regardless of league position. I doubt very highly when we were mid table and the scum were winning the league, we were offering them our best players now, do you?

who gives a fuck about the net balance?

Well ...
You may not but ...
IMO Levy does ... and so would any smart, proper businessman with intentions to run something successfully.
I don't think you are understanding the appreciation of this achievement ... and eanN17 clearly states the significance ...

If you'd like a really good team long term and a new stadium you should consider caring.

How does he know what they think? They never said they see us as title contenders, and I'd be very surprised if they did.

You try not sell to your rivals, regardless of league position. I doubt very highly when we were mid table and the scum were winning the league, we were offering them our best players now, do you?

It was reported that Tottenham had a 35m bid for Mata rejected. For some reason, I went by what Villas-Boas said and you, through your ignorance of the quote,disagreed. I didn't say we are title contenders, I said If the reason they wouldn't sell us Mata is because we are title contenders, just like AVB said, "as they think we are title contenders." So I agree, i am talking out of my ass by saying what AVB said. I'm done with this and you. This is your attempt at trying to salvage yourself when you were completely wrong, and i'm not taking up more of this thread after this post.

Mourinho himself said six teams are title contenders this season and we were one of them.

It was reported that Tottenham had a 35m bid for Mata rejected. For some reason, I went by what Villas-Boas said and you, through your ignorance of the quote,disagreed. I didn't say we are title contenders, I said If the reason they wouldn't sell us Mata is because we are title contenders, just like AVB said, "as they think we are title contenders." So I agree, i am talking out of my ass by saying what AVB said. I'm done with this and you. This is your attempt at trying to salvage yourself when you were completely wrong, and i'm not taking up more of this thread after this post.

Salvage myself? Uh huh.. I have no need to salvage anything, I have nothing to prove to you.

I've read the quote before, but disagreeing makes me ignorant.. Of course.

I don't believe we are title contenders yet, so I disagreed, don't cry about it.

Mourinho himself said six teams are title contenders this season and we were one of them.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but when I read the quote from him, I interpreted it as him meaning we are a club on the rise. I don't think we are quite ready to go blow for blow with the likes of Chelsea and City yet.

I'll gladly be proven wrong tho!

I'm looking forward to seeing Lolpool vs Man titty and lolpool vs cheski

Liverpool are yet to play a good team, and don't start saying Manure are good. They look shocking, the only thing holding that club together was the dried up seminal fluid of Sir Alex.

Rvp isn't good enough to be a one man team.

Liverpool have looked strong, but their squad hasn't changed drastically.. or have new manager like the rest of the top 6 bar the shit

Dont want to sound rude but this is a transfer thread and not a discussion on who are title contenders or a chance to have quarrels with each other. Do it privately! Now could someone please tell me if we have signed another? Thanks

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but when I read the quote from him, I interpreted it as him meaning we are a club on the rise. I don't think we are quite ready to go blow for blow with the likes of Chelsea and City yet.
I'll gladly be proven wrong tho!
"They can win the title," Mourinho said.
Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom