Spurs vs Chelsea - The Reckoning

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE ArcspacE
Saw that a minute ago, notice how they fucked up on the points, saying we were only 2 behind Chelsea

The story is not mean to be informative per se - only used as a sensationalist headline in order to stir up non-existent issues before a massive suuuper-doooper Sky clash

The story is not mean to be informative per se - only used as a sensationalist headline in order to stir up non-existent issues before a massive suuuper-doooper Sky clash

They don't give a toss about that now Alex Ferguson is dead has retired. (sorry got confused by their coverage and Paul Ince weeping on live telly)

One for fans of the 'good Omen'... last time we won there, I listened to it on the radio (in those days 'SS' was merely a reference to Nazi Officers, and nothing else - oh the irony!)

Seriously considering 'dressing like 1990' and doing the same again tonight...

Now excuse me while I hunt out my Beats International and Sinead O'Conner tapes to stick on during the day!!

WTF, you mean you don't listen to Beats International everyday !

Andre Villas-Boas blasts Frank Lampard for his lack of support during Chelsea reign

Last Updated: May 8, 2013 9:43am

Andre Villas-Boas has hit out at Frank Lampard, claiming the midfielder never supported him during his time at Chelsea.

The Portuguese was axed after a run of three victories in nine games and criticised Lampard for his attitude during his ill-fated reign.
Villas-Boas said: "Yes, there was a lack of support from Frank Lampard but his ability and quality were never in doubt."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8698510/Premier-League-Andre-Villas-Boas-blasts-Frank-Lampard-for-his-lack-of-support-during-Chelsea-reig
n

Well that's Lampard's goal (and subsequent run-to-the-dugout celebration) sorted then!

They're already a goal up... but we were always gonna have to score 2 or more to beat them... so nothing has changed!

RIGHT THEN.... bear with me on this one... it may seem a little odd, but I'm gonna try it:

Behold, some original TV footage (including News at Ten Titles) from 1990... not just 'any old night in 1990'
...but Friday, February 9th, 1990! That's right, THE NIGHT BEFORE WE LAST BEAT THEM AWAY!

Don't ask what I was doing looking for old 1990 TV footage... just put this on loop today, watch it, and get in the mood... immerse yourself in it... believe it's February 1990, we are about to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge... it WILL happen.... we can do this goddammit!!!

For Howells and Lineker, read Holtby & Bale (or whoever you would personally like to grab the winning goals!)

There are some classic old ads on there, and I'd like to think a 7-month-old baby Bale was sat in front of this HTV footage in his Moses basket...(?) and somehow, somewhere, it seeped into his mind, and only now comes to fruition tonight with a resounding match-winning performance....

OK, iss crazy, I know... but 23 years of 'trying other theories' haven't worked yet... so I'm trying THIS one!

Just gotta dig out my old Hummel Shell-Suit, and we're good to go!

I'm feeling pretty calm, won't be tonight though. I once saw us win at the Bridge in the rain with well over 60,000 in the ground. We 'nicked the crown jewels' as Peters put it in a classic smash and grab from nowhere late on. I was behind the goal where we scored twice, luvvly stuff. Though I enjoyed the cup win there in 82 even more :) Hoddle, out of this world.

Those were the days when we were bigger, richer and more successful than Chelsea. But apparently it's better now we're not these days. ;)

Back
Top Bottom