Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I know. Chelsea’s only hope is if they overhaul the dippers and said dippers lose the CL final. Which is likely. I don’t know why the media think it’s us that could miss out.

That’s what I was about to say. If Pool don’t finish 3rd it’s because we will. I’m still confident Woolwich and Pool aren’t going to win their respective tournaments anyways.

Not the best performance but a win is a win and we needed the 3 points.
1st half was poor, picked up in thr second half but if watford was more clinical could have been a different.
Hugh had a great game and so did Jan.
Would have liked to see Moura and Erik on as subs a bit sooner.

3 points in the bag (albeit not pretty)

'Solo' Cast and Crew* screening ticket in the post (albeit NOT the Première, but still 5 days before it comes out...)

I'd say that constitutes a decent enough day!

*blatant!!

Not really feeling the lack of love here and elsewhere.

It wasn't that pretty agreed, and some of our players look strangely knackered, but the 3 points were absolutely essential, given our poor recent form and the fight for a European Cup place at the New WHL.

I didn't have any problem with the subs, they were pragmatic and more or less worked, in the sense that they clogged up the midfield when it was needed.

That and Harry and Dele scored and Hugo kept well for a clean sheet and its all gravy here in the Madrid Sierra (snowed here today, forget your Sunny Spain tropes)

552978_tn.jpg

Except for the sissoko one. His very presence just changes the momentum. God what a disgraceful excuse for a football player.

Bit of a limp display, but ain't great teams supposed to win when playing poorly? Or is that phrase only reserved for Utd?

Really fucked with the PL and the media tonight, all I've been hearing about is how Chelsea are breathing down our necks, yet not ONE fucking word of how we are breathing down the dippers necks! Even now sat in my car on the way home. They are crying that we won, fuck them.

Vertonghen AGAIN my MOTM & Sanchez was superb tonight. Well played Hugo, good lad stick two fingers up at those you pour scorn on you. Though Dele battled well without fizzing.

Up The Spurs!

(only two more games in this shit hole then we can go home)

I fucking hate Martin Tyler. He spent the last 20 mins trying to sell Kane and Dele to Citeh and Utd. The other commentator mentioned Madrid and Barca but Tyler is like sure but really Citeh and Utd are who they would go to. What a cunt.

Was it Tyler tonight on MNF ?, I didn't think it was.

I say that because whoever it was asked his Scottish co commentator right away the commentary started ( whoever that Scotsman was ) , what he thought of Hugo being dropped in the last game !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come in with an agenda and run hard with it you clueless shitstirring cuntbubble, a top goalkeeper isn't dropped for a fucking cup game as well you know, you'd be rightly calling it rotation for the Sky favourites.

Much better 2nd half. Still maintain that he isn't fully fit and sharp as usual as he needed a lot of time to get fully into it but guess he secured that much needed 2nd. Still think it was crazy to play that pass to him for his goal that was flagged offside. Was it dier that was practically one on one. We all want him to win the golden boot but cant let that sway our decisions. Although why kane passed to sissoko is a mystery. Maybe he thought sissoko couldn't miss lol
No, not fully on it yet. I will concede that to the mob. However, watch nearly any other game of football and watch the strikers. Look objectively at how often they keep the ball, how many shots they take, how often those shots are skied, even how many one on one's they miss. I know you are not suggesting anything other than he doesn't look sharp. On a more general level, the reason we notice this is because he is so extraordinarily good most of the time. As Poch just said when some cowardly 'journalist' asked him about Kane, "150 games, 105 goals". What a response. My main point earlier was he was no worse than anyone else. In fact, a bit better than half the team.

Have to feel a little bit for Watford today

I don't... they showed their true colours with "Arsene Wenger.... he's won more than You!" Chant.

Any clubs' fans who can gloat about ANOTHER club's achievements when they've won about as much as Accrington Stanley and Rochdale put together can go fuck themselves!
They're all Gooners who are only patronisingly supporting Watford as their second club!
Fuck off back to London Conley with your mixed loyalties!

I say that because whoever it was asked his Scottish co commentator right away the commentary started ( whoever that Scotsman was ) , what he thought of Hugo being dropped in the last game !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come in with an agenda and run hard with it you clueless shitstirring cuntbubble, a top goalkeeper isn't dropped for a fucking cup game as well you know, you'd be rightly calling it rotation for the Sky favourites.
Tyler was on NBC tonight.

Job done. 3 pts. But far from happy with the performance again. Awful, abject first 45mins. Picked up a bit 2nd half but Watford deserved a goal or two.

Dier's passing was (and has been) atrocious at times. Very forgettable stuff.

The complete disregard for Liverpool is hilarious, you’d think they had third sewn up

It’s glaring. Loved how Kane reminded them of our game in hand on Liverpool twice and they still completely ignored it.

3rd is in our hands. The media simply won’t entertain the idea that Liverpool might not win the CL or qualify for it. As much as I truly despise Chelsea it would almost be worth them getting 4th if that scenario played out. I’d actually consider moving to Liverpool for the summer to ride around the city laughing into a loudspeaker.

It wasn’t Tyler on Sky. Can’t remember who it was. Another twat though.

Back
Top Bottom