Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, wish we were playing Saturday instead of Sunday, I want to wipe this one away so badly.

But, losing away to Liverpool isn't a season ender. If we had drawn Liverpool and City we'd all feel better but have less points. Not even Christmas yet.

I think we'll grow from here and go on a run. Forget the result, our players learned that they can properly compete with the best in the league.

Compare this to the CL final, where we were never in it. Today we played at their house, against pretty much their best side, in a top of the table clash. And we were as likely as they were to win it. It should give us a lot of belief.

This just feels like the Leicester season all over again to me, tight season nobody wanting to go on and win it, and we fall short.

Pinning my hopes on Europa but it really feels like there is something in the DNA of this club that means we ain't ever going to win fuck all of any note.

I'm going to bed, maybe It will feel better in the morning, but I've seen this so many times, every semi final and final when it counts we don't have the minerals.

Night all

I know Berg will get a lot of stick for hitting the post but Lucas' cameo shows why Bergwijn is a first teamer.

Unlike Lucas he has an engine and tracks effectively which is something Jose expects from that position.

He can hold the ball and find a teammate which whilst not being a spectacular feat, has been incredibly useful when those teammates are Kane and Son. Lucas on the other hand seemed to struggle with simple 10 yard passes.

Berg also has better off the ball movement which is why he gets those chances in the first place. On another day that hits the inside of the post and we go 2-1 up.

Despite some of the crying maniacs in here there is no way Berg gets permanently dropped. Lucas and Bale can't provide what Jose expects. Anyone thinking Bale can play that role in these away games is living in fantasy land. He'd be blowing after 10 minutes.

The only one that can threaten Bergs place is Lamela but he can't keep fit. So time for you melters to accept that Bergwijn will remain a first teamer and that he has turned out to be a useful foil for Son and Kane.

Those calling for him to be sold for hitting the post are buffoons.
I've got nothing against Bergwijn.

I just think JM has drilled him so much defensively, he panics in forward situations.

He makes great forward runs, but you can see the fear in him when he has the ball. He needs to find confidence again around the box.

Hugely disappointing result. I wish we had been more ambitious but we did have our chances.

The league is so tight this season, we could be top at the weekend or 6th by Monday dependent upon results.

A loss at Anfield won’t define your season, but coupled with the Palace draw it’s been a tough week.

If we are going to truly challenge for the title this season, the key will be how we perform against mid-table sides. We’ve seen enough to know we will get points against the top sides, and we know we have too much quality for the sides battling relegation. It’s the sides in between that will be key (games against Saints, Newcastle, West Ham, Everton and Palace have only yeilded one win so far).

We MUST beat Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom