Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s not lose sight of the fact that the Dippers are injury ravaged at the moment. Done to the bare bones. Well never get a better chance of winning there. Even drawing there.
Nah mate, there were plenty of ropey Liverpool teams in the mid-90s that we still never managed to beat up there.....

Allison, TAA, Robertson, Henderson, Fabhino, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firninio is hardly 'bare bones'.... come on!

We dropped points because our strikers missed three absolute sitters!
And we flapped and panicked many times at the back when we had time, or gave the ball to them cheaply to invite pressure through unforced errors.

We just ain't got the nads, and it hurts.

They are taking the piss now, same old Tottenham and they are right.

They were better first half, we were better second. If we go 2-1 up we win that so it comes down to being clinical. Which we weren't today sadly.

It's a tough one to take because we deserved at least a point. But, its only three points. It's not season ending and we will learn from this. We will do them at the Lane next month.

Long way to go yet.

Bergwijn was actually having a good game, except that finish. He's very composed with the ball, you could see what happened when mr chaos Lucas came on, terrible control and it all started to look much worse. We could use an upgrade on Sissoko anyway, how did he kick the ball into his arm once is beyond my imagination of being technically crap. Proper box to box who can find a pass and shoot from distance and we're flying.
We could have had doucoure for cheap this summer! Big time miss imo- would have been a clear upgrade on Sissoko.

Agreed - shocking by Jose

When we took over the game and should have won it by 65 minutes it wasn't looking a bad call then was it?

I was scratching my head over the selection but, on reflection, I can see why Ndombele might not have been the best selection given the tactics we employed. And when we looked the better side with the more likely chances second half he was vindicated wasn't he?

Gutted from losing at the death but overall I feel fairly positive - thought we attacked more than we did at Palace and if Berg and Kane had taken their good chances we would have won. Hate to say it but when they're on their game Scousers are very good, and they were on their game tonight.
Agree - if we play like we did at the start of the second half against the general teams in the prem, we’ll win a bucket load.
I’m hoping for a reaction at the weekend.

Nah Gio, was struggling on the wing and we needed a natural wide player there.

Lucas is just not very good though. I don’t even think he’s as good as Aaron Lennon.
disrespect to Lennon. I just can't figure out why we always go for the likes of Moura and Bergwjin instead of doing proper scouting.

I'm a defender o Bergwijn, but we can't go on like this, he can't score nor assist. He's an AM as long as I know, despite his defensive contribution been good, what he delivers is nowhere near good enough and I'm afraid the other options we have are as bad as him.

Back
Top Bottom