Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But for a couple of lapses
But isn't that the issue. How often are we the ones having those lapses vs those we're competing with? Mourinho is supposed to be here precisely because he's capable of bringing that focus and attention to detail to the team. The "winning mentality".

He's certainly upped the games of several players, but we're still losing/drawing games where we are the (marginally) better team.

It's beyond frustrating.

They had Keita and Oxlade-Chamberlain on the bench. Jones was selected in midfield on form, Klopp was not forced to play him.

Keita and Ox :mourlmao: so you are saying that for us if Hojberg is out injured and Winks takes his place we are just as strong in defensive mid?:mourweird:

I just don't get the Lucas sub. I was thinking he was gonna replace Bergwijn with Ndombele in seconds, but didn't happen. Weird.
I thought I understood it. Lucas is essentially an agent of chaos. He'll run his lungs out, tumble around the pitch nicking the ball of people here and there, making a couple of seemingly threatening runs etc.

Enough to disrupt Liverpool and see us through to the end with the 1-1. A lot like Lamela.

Instead he was a nuisance who didn't disrupt them one bit and killed our attempts to ease the pressure.

Up until last night Liverpool (reigning champs!) had the same points average.....

Let me get this straight; you feel the need to band the term "spursy" about, yet at the same time want to preach an inferiority complex and cast us as relegation level?

:avbnaa:
Yeh we had the same points as them, but they were disappointed with that knowing they dropped unnecessary points whereas we were 'in the form of our lives'

hZsPdu6TqOnBU86ZnKmYTvNmQGDBjPtru8_E--5Q9GI.jpg

Shows how interesting and angled stats can be. According to Opta Joe we prevented Liverpool from having a single big chance on goal whilst generating 4 ourselves.

What were our 4?

Kane header, Bergwijn x2?

Are they actually counting Kane's slip and shot off target as a big chance? If so, it's silly to say Sadio Manes shot off the bar wasn't.

Some context after a frustrating night.

We have played Liverpool, Chelsea and United away taking 4 points and City and Woolwich at home taking 6. That is a decent return with only 5 points dropped with a points per game of 1.8

We have dropped more points against Everton, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton, Burnley and Palace with a points per game of 1.71.

We need to improve on despatching the teams further down the league more than we need to improve on taking points from the "big 6".

Still, last night has annoyed me no end, the manor of the loss with the big misses followed by a last min corner is a tough one to take.

Some context after a frustrating night.

We have played Liverpool, Chelsea and United away taking 4 points and City and Woolwich at home taking 6. That is a decent return with only 5 points dropped with a points per game of 1.8

We have dropped more points against Everton, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham, Brighton, Burnley and Palace with a points per game of 1.71.

We need to improve on despatching the teams further down the league more than we need to improve on taking points from the "big 6".

Still, last night has annoyed me no end, the manor of the loss with the big misses followed by a last min corner is a tough one to take.
I feel we've been at least equal to or better than every team we've played so far. The only marginal exception would be Chelsea. I think we got away with one there.

Knowing that, it's makes me sick to my stomach because we've given up so many points. I was led to believe we'd be crap under Mou and still win, except I get the sense that we're possibly the best team in the league but giving up points where we shouldn't.

That goal reminded me of the goal Leicester scored at WHL when they won the league. Sickening !

Yep - I said this game had an air of that day about it. Whoever wins will go on to gain huge confidence and belief.

3 points isn't a big gap - but Liverpool now have the experience of having 'been there, done that'

Let's not forget that Liverpool are now aided over the Christmas period by getting a full weeks rest. Where we don't - they also have the great benefit of playing before us in 4 of the next 6 game weeks befre we next play them.

Had the flu bad yesterday. Woke up feeling a bit better, then remembered the result. Ah, bloody football - 5 points dropped this season in the last minute. Needs to stop.

Still really really frustrated. Sometimes we have to be a bit less passive have a bit more possession and try to threaten the opposition goal more. They had a kid and a dm playing at the back last night and we should of targeted that situation more. I'm getting a bit fed up with seeing kane so deep all the time now I don't mind it in some instances but not 90 minutes every game. We need to switch up our style sometimes.

Yeh we had the same points as them, but they were disappointed with that knowing they dropped unnecessary points whereas we were 'in the form of our lives'

16/17 - 2.26 PPG
17/18 - 2.02 PPG

We also knew we'd dropped unnecessary points NC & WH... Poor performance vs Everton.....

What's your point here? That we should fear them? ......You think we've hit our ceiling already?

I think if you spoke to the manager and players they'd tell you they have even more to give....

I agree that we were slightly too defensive, especially in the first half, we need to find that balance between parking the bus and being a counter attacking side, at the moment it’s either one or the other

But you can’t expect us to go to anfield and go toe to toe with them? This is why we used to get drubbed by them when Poch was in charge
That's not true.
When we drew 2 -2 (when HK had a pen saved and scored one) we absolutely battered them despite giving them a goal start after a few minutes.
They were so lucky not to get tanked in that game

You bending over for Chelsea every five minutes
Cos I was impressed by their run where they were creating chances for fun? Cos I was worried about 220m worth of new signings?

I changed my mind when I saw that they are actually inconsistent like everyone else.

Meanwhile, you're still acting like a bitch and pretending you're never wrong.

Back
Top Bottom