Spurs v Forest 11-Mar-23. 3pm ko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kulu was trying to fend off the Forest player as he reached out. He didn't mean to make contact with the ball. A bit harsh I thought.

It bounced off the Forest player from a yard or so and hit Kulu as he was spinning around. It hit his hand, it was in the box (or on the line) but it was massively harsh; my issue isn't necessarily that it's a penalty - it's that VAR are not consistent. We've been robbed of a couple of decisions this season when VAR feel they can't (or won't) get involved.

So, I ended up going to the game. I didn't want to, I listed my ticket, but it didn't sell.
Then the Mrs started going on about going to the theatre to see some idiots in a musical (fucking hate musical theatre)
Faced with the choice of that, or the football, I took the football.

Within 3 minutes I was reminded of some of the many things that kept me away from the previous 4 home games. Actually, before kick off I was reminded of it, by seeing Son in the starting 11.
3 minutes in, having that VAR decision, I was already miserable. But not miserable enough to rather be at the theatre.

Overall, thought we were completely in control of the first half. No scares, no brainsharts, nothing really. 2 goals up, should have been 3 or maybe 4 IMO.

And then the 2nd half. It was like we weren't happy with the level of control we had, and, even though we scored another, Forest seemed to have the lions share of decent 2nd half chances.
At 3-1 and looking a bit wobbly, I cannot get my head around bringing fucking Moura on again and leaving Danjuma on the bench.
If I was Danjuma, I would be asking for the loan to be cancelled ASAP. He's been treated appallingly.
If Forest had got a 2nd with a enough time to spare, I'd have been very, very worried.

I cannot believe we have an international break 3 months after a fucking World Cup. UEFA and FIFA are a bloody joke.

We're coming in to the absolute crunch period of the season and we're expected to send our VERY highly paid players all over the globe to risk them getting injured. What a load of old shit.
FIFA in a nutshell , money grabbing morons

Dermot McTwathead re: the offside (and the Pope red): "Let it slide and just embrace the technology"

No ref's union here.... No way...... Honest.

They've won 1 game in their last 8 in the league. Why are we looking down?
That´s 2 out of 2. Now 1 point behind us with a game in hand!

I Tried To Warn You GIF by NETFLIX

Makes me so fucking mad

If they had to try and find him offside to discount the goal, it's not offside.

And then you have to wonder why they were trying so hard to find a way it could be offside?

Not saying it's only Spurs that get decisions like this, I'm saying that the system is still way too open to VAR officials having the power to find decisions fit the outcome they want and for that reason is open to corruption.

If you don't want to know about this being possible corruption then fine, that's your choice but it's pretty much staring us in the face now,

Should we just not play them then?

:contehmm:

No we probably just shouldn't be going on about 'ooo we'll be third!' when we've had a chance to play for SIX more points than the teams around us.

Let's see where we are when everyone has played the same amount of games, yeah? Otherwise it is COMPLETELY fucking meaningless.

No we probably just shouldn't be going on about 'ooo we'll be third!' when we've had a chance to play for SIX more points than the teams around us.

Let's see where we are when everyone has played the same amount of games, yeah? Otherwise it is COMPLETELY fucking meaningless.

What an angry little man you are.

Try and enjoy the game today. Don't seethe too much if we win.

:contekiss:

What an angry little man you are.

Try and enjoy the game today. Don't seethe too much if we win.

Ooo I'm so angry because I'm bored of you happy clapping all over the place about us potentially being top 4 every fucking matchday when we haven't even played the same amount of games.

Almost every time you do it we lose anyway Totti. So why bother? Just shut up and enjoy the games.

Ooo I'm so angry because I'm bored of you happy clapping all over the place about us potentially being top 4 every fucking matchday when we haven't even played the same amount of games.

Almost every time you do it we lose anyway Totti. So why bother? Just shut up and enjoy the games.

We should all be more like you.

:contefists:

Back
Top Bottom