Spurs or the Scousers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Main question was how this season was for the fans, not the club, the players the PLC, the shareholders. What are the two sets of fans celebrating?

I don't think I will get that excited about 4th place as I would if we won the two cups and especially with the days out they would be.

Since 1991 the only trophy we have won is the League Cup, the only finals we have been in - League Cup finals. To think that now we are almost "above" the league cup seems almost like we are forgetting what football should be about, winning stuff.

We treated the Europa League with disdain this season, I've had some great European nights the last few years but that's changed now just because we have been in the CL once. Was it Aalborg or someone who went 2-0 up? That was a cracking game and a good night out. I miss it tbh.

I am properly disillusioned with football at the moment. Strange to see how quickly we are turning into the Scum. Trophies don't matter. 4th place however is worth celebrating. Playing some European giants and winning nothing is what it's all about.

All for the cash. Here you go Levy have a grand of my money that will pay Modric 1/70 of his weekly wage. :vdv:

It's fucking crazy.

It's what football's become unfortunately... the fact that some of Tottenham's GREATEST European nights have been UEFA/Cup Winners' Cup games tells you everything... as far as I know, we've never won the European Cup, and as such, any comparisons with today's shambles of a Champions League competition that we've been TOLD to covet are futile... the fact the entire competition is mis-named (ie; those finishing 2nd-4th can even compete in a competition named CHAMPIONS League) are only the tip of it...
I;d have rathered the European Cup stayed as it was; the Champions of each country compete in an Elite competition, and re-brand the UEFA/Cup Winners Cup into some form of European League... after all, it was all set up to do just that; those finishing 2nd-6th competed in the UEFA Cup... you had 4-5 teams right there, ready to go into a mini-league format...

...and yet they couldn't leave well alone could they? They inflate the meaning of the European Cup to some nonsensical Champions League, and convince us all that it's the ONLY competition worth competing in, do away with the ECWC entirely (sacrilegious IMHO) and diminish the meaning of the UEFA Cup/Europa League so that teams are now doing everything they can NOT to be in it... fucking madness!!

Back
Top Bottom