spurs lodge

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And this is what the players think of it:

HOTSPUR WAY TAKES LADS' BREATH AWAY
Posted 13 September 2012 10:26am
Our players have spoken in glowing terms about the club's new Training Centre - Hotspur Way in Enfield.

The lads trained for the first time at the fantastic new facility on Wednesday afternoon.
Michael Dawson, now the club’s longest-serving player and Club Captain, summed it up in one word - ‘special’.
Aaron Lennon, another player who has been with us for over seven years, said it was ‘incredible’ while Emmanuel Adebayor insisted it had to be ‘one of the best training grounds in Europe’.
“The lads are coming here excited,” said Michael, who joined us in January, 2005. “It’s fresh, everything’s new. When you look at the facilities, there aren’t that many better.
“Everything from the changing room to the canteen is very special, and an awful lot of work has gone into it by a lot of people. The lads are buzzing to be here and to have the opportunity to experience the quality that’s here.”

Aaron said: “It really is an incredible place. I’ve trained at the training grounds of most of the big clubs while with England and none of them come close to this. I’m walking around here and I can’t believe that this is our workplace, our training facility. It’s fantastic that the club has made this happen.
“I enjoyed every minute at Spurs Lodge but the facilities here just are on a different level. This training centre is not only going to improve us as a team but it will benefit players at every level at the club and everyone who works here.
“The lads can do so much more here in terms of gym work, conditioning and rehab as well and the pitches are perfect for playing football on. I can’t pick a fault with anything here.”
‘Ade’ commented: “I’ve had the chance to play at Real Madrid, Woolwich and Manchester City and for me, this is one of the best training grounds in Europe, no doubt about that.
“The most important thing is the place you work. Everything is here for us, from the pitches to recovery, the gym is incredible, the restaurant, everything is in place.”

Jake Livermore returned from England duty to Hotspur Way on Wednesday.
“It’s perfect for what we want to achieve as a club,” he said. “It’s got everything we could possibly want.
“The pitches are fantastic, all the equipment, the gym facilities, the pool for recovery and also off the pitch, there are areas for us to relax. There really are no faults here.”

Michael was particularly impressed with the gym - a place he was unfortunately well acquainted with at Spurs Lodge in the last two seasons as he recovered from long-term injuries.
“The gym looks out to the training pitches – where you aim to be when you are injured,” he said.
“It gives you a goal, makes you hungry to be back out there, where you want to be. When you can see it, that’s what you are working towards. It’s somewhere I don’t want to spend much time, out here on the training pitch is where I want to be, enjoying it and working hard.”
That’s exactly what he intends to do as he fights for a place in team.
“I wanted to stay and fight for my place, as simple as that,” he added. “Everyone knows it, the manager knows it, I’ve been at Tottenham for seven-and-a-half years, it’s where I love playing my football and I want to be back playing.”

Sounds like this might give everyone a lift after these last couple of months.

Cripps14 said:
And this is what the players think of it:

HOTSPUR WAY TAKES LADS' BREATH AWAY
Posted 13 September 2012 10:26am
Our players have spoken in glowing terms about the club's new Training Centre - Hotspur Way in Enfield.

The lads trained for the first time at the fantastic new facility on Wednesday afternoon.
Michael Dawson, now the club’s longest-serving player and Club Captain, summed it up in one word - ‘special’.
Aaron Lennon, another player who has been with us for over seven years, said it was ‘incredible’ while Emmanuel Adebayor insisted it had to be ‘one of the best training grounds in Europe’.
“The lads are coming here excited,” said Michael, who joined us in January, 2005. “It’s fresh, everything’s new. When you look at the facilities, there aren’t that many better.
“Everything from the changing room to the canteen is very special, and an awful lot of work has gone into it by a lot of people. The lads are buzzing to be here and to have the opportunity to experience the quality that’s here.”

Aaron said: “It really is an incredible place. I’ve trained at the training grounds of most of the big clubs while with England and none of them come close to this. I’m walking around here and I can’t believe that this is our workplace, our training facility. It’s fantastic that the club has made this happen.
“I enjoyed every minute at Spurs Lodge but the facilities here just are on a different level. This training centre is not only going to improve us as a team but it will benefit players at every level at the club and everyone who works here.
“The lads can do so much more here in terms of gym work, conditioning and rehab as well and the pitches are perfect for playing football on. I can’t pick a fault with anything here.”
‘Ade’ commented: “I’ve had the chance to play at Real Madrid, Woolwich and Manchester City and for me, this is one of the best training grounds in Europe, no doubt about that.
“The most important thing is the place you work. Everything is here for us, from the pitches to recovery, the gym is incredible, the restaurant, everything is in place.”

Jake Livermore returned from England duty to Hotspur Way on Wednesday.
“It’s perfect for what we want to achieve as a club,” he said. “It’s got everything we could possibly want.
“The pitches are fantastic, all the equipment, the gym facilities, the pool for recovery and also off the pitch, there are areas for us to relax. There really are no faults here.”

Michael was particularly impressed with the gym - a place he was unfortunately well acquainted with at Spurs Lodge in the last two seasons as he recovered from long-term injuries.
“The gym looks out to the training pitches – where you aim to be when you are injured,” he said.
“It gives you a goal, makes you hungry to be back out there, where you want to be. When you can see it, that’s what you are working towards. It’s somewhere I don’t want to spend much time, out here on the training pitch is where I want to be, enjoying it and working hard.”
That’s exactly what he intends to do as he fights for a place in team.
“I wanted to stay and fight for my place, as simple as that,” he added. “Everyone knows it, the manager knows it, I’ve been at Tottenham for seven-and-a-half years, it’s where I love playing my football and I want to be back playing.”

Sounds like this might give everyone a lift after these last couple of months.

Love what Daws says here

:dawson: :dawson: :dawson:

Freudlyuchenko said:
Looks swell, the only problem is Citeh's £100 million training centre which looks amazing

why?

they are going for 400 academy players, we for 150, so they need the space

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ealed.html

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/A ... ademy.page

we have an fantastic location and the buildings sits still in the landscape. I'll give them the stadium, but it will be almost impossible for us to build a small stadium where we are

486668_10151092288168505_817971618_n.jpg

This article is from February

GetAsset.aspx

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club’s plans for a 500-seat stand at its Enfield training centre have been recommended for approval.

F3 Architecture-designed plans for seating for the first team match pitch have been recommended for consent by Enfield council planners ahead of a 25 February committee meeting.

As well as being used by the north London Premier League club’s first team, the Hotspur Way site is also used by the youth academy.

The 77-acre site, which comprises 15 pitches, opened fully last year.

Savills is advising Spurs on planning.

http://www.egi.co.uk/news/article.aspx?id=778998

- hope this is true

Back
Top Bottom