Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate songs dying out before they are finished. It's A Grand Old Team To Play For and My Old Man always do this - people should have the fucking decency to learn the words.

It should be the law. In fact, it is.

If you come down to Tottenham,
looking for a ruck,
the Park Lane will be waiting,
to batter you to fuck!

Posh Spice is a slapper,
she wears a wonder bra,
and when she's shagging Beckham,
she thinks of Ginola!

Cheryl Cole's a slapper,
she cannot fucking sing,
and when she's shagging Ashley,
she thinks of Ledley King!
don't try and ring his mobile,
he's got it up his arse,
we're on our way to Europe,
'cos Spurs are fucking class!

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire,
put the Woolwich on the top,
put the Chelsea in the middle,
and then burn the fucking lot!

I'm forever throwing bottles, pretty bottles in the air,
they fly so high, they reach the sky, and like West Ham they fade and die,
Arsenals always running, Chelsea's hiding too, and so's the Park Lane Tottenham,
running after you!
Yid Army!

How does the Wengers boyfriend song go..

'He's only 4, he's only 4, Wngers boyfriend he's only 4 ... He's only 3... Etc ect.

Posh Spice is a slapper,
she wears a wonder bra,
and when she's shagging Beckham,
she thinks of Ginola!

Cheryl Cole's a slapper,
she cannot fucking sing,
and when she's shagging Ashley,
she thinks of Ledley King!
don't try and ring his mobile,
he's got it up his arse,
we're on our way to Europe,
'cos Spurs are fucking class!

I always thought it would be good if we sang this whole lot all together, then go back to the start with "oh.........Posh Spice is a slapper" etc, with everyone clapping in rhythm, if you get my drift. A bit ambitious maybe, but would sound good.

It's all about identity. When that is sung full volume for a minute or two it is awesome. I remember Flav Flav telling a story about singing it for ages against someone shit at home (possibly Wigan during the 2p8g) and it was epic.
I'm not saying it's not a good song, just not something I'd look at as synonymous with Spurs

Thelonious Thelonious I get you, I just think we shouldn't really chant about violence at games if we're not supporting it.

For me it's just about giving the atmosphere a bit of edge and making it more intimidating. I feel it would be too sanitised if we never sang about violence. Though I understand your point, it's a bit hypocritical coming from most supporters...then again I think it's an accepted hypocrisy within football as almost all teams sing about violence and only about 1% of fans are 'lads'.

Back
Top Bottom