Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It goes to the tune of "My Old Man said 'follow the van'"...so many variations but the first line goes like:

"My Old Man said 'be a woolworths fan',
I said 'fuck off, bollocks, you old cunt!"

etc.

Reptile_16 said:
It goes to the tune of "My Old Man said 'follow the van'"...so many variations but the first line goes like:

"My Old Man said 'be a woolworths fan',
I said 'fuck off, bollocks, you old cunt!"

etc.

still don't get it?

Those saying about "Hark now hear', 'My old man said be an Woolwich fan' and the Nicola Berti song - they do get sung a lot but not many people join in. Usually sung in the pubs before the game rather than anything else.

I tried to get 'Over land and sea' going at QPR away and some bloke shouted 'oi, that's a Chelsea song' - no, it isn't.

I want 'When I was just a little boy, I asked my mother what would I be' back - SHOOT THE CHELSEA SCUM

I was referring to the time we originally sang it, i.e. Woolwich away after being mildly taunted by the poor efforts of the supposed home support 2-0 up due to their future captain and all round new club legend and favourite good guy, Rapey Samir. Needless to say our response was much like Rafa's and hence why we have the chant today.

:rafaaaa: :vdvshh:

But as I said before, every team will claim a chant before another and chances are we're generally near the end of the queue, which makes bringing back our classics an even more worthy cause! Enjoying the ones so far.

HyNdZee said:
I was referring to the time we originally sang it, i.e. Woolwich away after being mildly taunted by the poor efforts of the supposed home support 2-0 up due to their future captain and all round new club legend and favourite good guy, Rapey Samir. Needless to say our response was much like Rafa's and hence why we have the chant today.

But as I said before, every team will claim a chant before another and chances are we're generally near the end of the queue, which makes bringing back our classics an even more worthy cause! Enjoying the ones so far.
I heard it started at Werder Bremen away (our first Champions League game).

Park Lane James said:
HyNdZee said:

I heard it started at Werder Bremen away (our first Champions League game).

Fair enough, didn't hear it then...

There was one about charlie nicholas packing his bags and saying good-bye to the woolwich (sung to nellie the elephant) that used to tickle me pink. Also one about a Red robin and a brick.

Cripps14 said:
I always like hearing "Nice one Cyril"

Is it just my imagination or has it been sung more often recently?

I tried a version in the Park lane end as 'Nice one Kyle' after he equalised in the Bolton Cup tie (THAT game)... didn't catch on for some reason... heathens!

1882 said:
Cripps14 said:

I tried a version in the Park lane end as 'Nice one Kyle' after he equalised in the Bolton Cup tie (THAT game)... didn't catch on for some reason... heathens!

Howabout "Nice one Gareth"

Cripps14 said:
1882 said:
Cripps14 said:

Howabout "Nice one Gareth"

he's got enough songs of his own already.... I thought the idea was to bring back some older chants to give to players who don't currently have their own song... besides, Kyle's a full-back (so was Cyril) Kyle scores some corkerscreamers (so did Cyril) and Kyle's got a 'Y' and an 'L' in his name... just like cYriL!!!

My OTHER serving suggestion for Kyle would be along the lines of;
"I'd WALKER million miles, for one of yer goals, Kyle Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk-aaaaah!"

(see what I dun did there???)

Back
Top Bottom