Spurs bespoke jacket - Protecting the Brand ?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi, might be wazzing in the wind here...

I have recently seen a bunch of Levis jackets.. which feature MLB teams on them.

Levi's® MLB Denim Trucker Jacket

I like the jackets, but cannot buy here in the UK. SO!! I thought.. I could make my own, but Spurs instead.

I have the exact levis jacket but plain.. and was wondering if I could simply make one like it. Firstly, am I allowed to get a company to embroid Spurs ( in the same font as above "Krinkes Decor") and patch on a spurs badge on the front ( or the THFC overlapping text.. you know what I mean).

Any thoughts on this?

$_1.JPG

on the front and SPURS like the dodgers font on the back

Thanks, I am sure it wouldnt be an issue! I would use the rarest badge I could find to make my jacket. It's no different to stitching band patches or something to a jacket right

that THFC wordtype doesn't appear to be copyrighted (from what I can see) which is probably why you don't see it on many (or any) official items... I don't make a living out of copying stuff but have done a bit in the past for my own usage :kaneshh:

Trademarked and registered logos, words, or phrases are used to protect the commercial aspects of an entity, either from being used in a way that could cause harm to the brand or to prevent others from profiting from the brand without expressed consent and possibly financial compensation. Since you aren't using the jacket for commercial activities, you can probably rest assured that you are fine to have the logo embroidered. That being said, you may find that some businesses won't do it for you for fear of potential legal issues from their perspective.

Back
Top Bottom