Spotted In the US

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is my first post after following the forums and the podcast for a few years. Sorry if this is completely random, but I couldn't believe what happened and this is the only place it would make any sense to share it. I was driving through rural eastern North Carolina (near the town of Snow Hill NC if you're curious) listening to the Fighting Cock Podcast when I caught up with the car in front of me. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this sticker. There is just no way it should ever happen. About as likely seeing Lamella in a game or Danny Rose putting in a useful cross.

LHZlSoB.jpg

Shit car

I know exactly how you feel - we once stopped at a filling station in the middle of nowhere (down here) and inside the shop I saw around 8-10 scarves along with other memorabilia. Turns out owner is a massive fan who left Energlund years. The majority of people here support the Sky 4 with the occasional Barca and lately City! hipster wanker.

Couldn't resist replying as I live in NC, close to the Charlotte area though. Way to Represent!
:dude:

Maybe almost a year ago I saw a beat-up old piece of shit car around town with a Tottenham sticker on the back windshield. Almost wrecked the car I was so excited.

Have seen a surprising number of Spurs shirts in Birmingham, AL recently. Granted theres a pretty large soccer following here, but I see just as many Spurs shirts as I do Woolwich (of course it'll never touch Man U). Almost always say something, and the response generally leads to a conversation that reflects they're actually rather knowledgeable.

Have seen a surprising number of Spurs shirts in Birmingham, AL recently. Granted theres a pretty large soccer following here, but I see just as many Spurs shirts as I do Woolwich (of course it'll never touch Man U). Almost always say something, and the response generally leads to a conversation that reflects they're actually rather knowledgeable.

I think us having friedal and Dempsey, bale in time square, UA as our shirt sponser and a jewish history has really helped our profile in the US..
In OZ I think ive seen randomly about 3 jerseys in 11 yrs since ive been here

I think us having friedal and Dempsey, bale in time square, UA as our shirt sponser and a jewish history has really helped our profile in the US..
Enough about cows, how many Spurs shirts have you seen in Oz?

Interestingly enough, most of those shirts have been from before Dempsey or even Friedel's time and feature the names of players from back then (suggesting knowledge from back then), and we don't have a particularly strong Jewish presence here in Birmingham.

Amazing to see so many "Johnny Rebs"
In the mid 80,s I was in Charleston S.C. and spoke to a American skinhead.
He had a WHU and Cockney Rejects badges on his bomber jacket.
He seemed to know little about our Dagenham Dave's .

Amazing to see so many "Johnny Rebs"
In the mid 80,s I was in Charleston S.C. and spoke to a American skinhead.
He had a WHU and Cockney Rejects badges on his bomber jacket.
He seemed to know little about our Dagenham Dave's .

Cracks me up seeing someone named "Fidel Castro" talking about hanging out in the US in the mid 80's.

I live in Los Angeles (from London) and the other day I walked 5 minutes to get some coffee. Saw one guy in an Woolwich shirt and another Chelsea. Wanted to smash the starbucks up.

Interestingly enough, most of those shirts have been from before Dempsey or even Friedel's time and feature the names of players from back then (suggesting knowledge from back then), and we don't have a particularly strong Jewish presence here in Birmingham.

ex-pats maybe?
its good to see our global reach expanding..onwards and upwards

ex-pats maybe?
its good to see our global reach expanding..onwards and upwards

I've encountered two in my playing days from London, but the rest I've talked to have been of all colors and quite American-accented. And yeah, it is good to see the spread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom