Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
We haven't actually invested in forever, but that's not surprising considering we have to pay for a new stadium (and just paid for a fancy new training ground).

Compared to the non-sugardaddy chairmen/owners, Levy has done fantastically navigating us through the sugardaddy, CL-moneyed era. The problem is that football is fundamentally sick as a sport and as a business, and any club trying to do things 'the right way' - ie. spending what they actually earn, and growing organically - is constantly barely keeping their heads above water as the hamster wheel spins faster and faster. Woolwich and United are fortunate in that they were already among the richest clubs in the world as the CL money really started pouring in and cementing their status further - if a Qatar decides to buy a PL club, one of them is going to go.

I don't attach any romantic delusions of sportsmanship to football, but it's not terribly surprising that so many people are opting out of a business that is eating itself alive.

Well Gomes isn't rated at Spurs, so unless a new manager changes things we can't count him ATM.

Soldado is a flop in the Prem, he may not be in the long run, we don't know. But ATM he's a flop as are Defoe and Ade. We have easily the worst strike force amongst the 'big clubs' and arguably it is amongst the six worst in the Prem.

I agree we probably won't buy in all three areas I mentioned, hence another reason why we won't get top 4, and a trophy is much more wish than expectation.[/quote]
So pretty much the whole squad is spite of AVB?

Um, ok.

Can it be said that Levy has not tried to find such a person? Arnesen, Commili, Baldini?

Yeah he has, and they have been successful in getting money out of Levy and been active with transfers, just always wondered if everyone was moving in the same direction though while they were in place, would Baldini have advised Levy on whether to sack AVB I dont know, and I dont know what part he has to play in getting new person in either, as long as when they do there is unity and stability

I only said yes because I'm fed up to my back teeth of us not giving a manager time to build anything of substance. What I would give to have the compensation paid out to sacked managers, I could probably buy my own Caribbean island with all that dosh! I suppose I'm grateful that we are financially stable, but this managerial merry-go-round is really getting tiresome.

I think he's a clueless wanker who knows nothing about football who has murdered people and caused untold suffering to millions of his own and us in order to make his billions.

Next.

There's a first time for everything. I just agreed with @ I think I'll go and buy some scratch cards!

just got in and seen the dreamteam we've got in place.....

crying-waterfalls.gif

#TIT

Levy should not go, he is a business man and is doing his job perfectly, maintaining and making money. With him as Chairman we will never be in need of money and survive the long haul.

He understood that he wasn't good at choosing the players to sign so put Baldini in that place. He is good at negotiating a price, either to be bought or sold.

He saw what the fans want and acted upon it, the fans in general want entertaining football and AVB wasn't producing what was needed.

With a new manager in place and knowing that Baldini is there to get players and Levy there to back the finance well, he will just need to set up exciting attacking formations and do well with winning to keep the job. I can see that Levy is building to the future with the finances as the key behind the progression. Whilst we remain good in finance we will at least be a top 7 team, with Baldini we will slowly improve in our signings. With a new attacking manager he will keep the fans happy.

The future is bright, the future is Lilly White.

I think Levy's desire to save money has cost himself money in the long run

2010/2011
we need a striker as neither Dafoe or Crouch are not good enough

Brings in VDV, Sandro, Gallas in the Summer and Pienaar in the Winter

Spurs finish 6 pnts off 4th place scoring 17 less goals.
2011/2012
bring in Adeybayor in the Summer on loan which is perfect since Adeybayor only gets motivated for a few months at a time, but by Winter his form is starting to dip.

Levy Brings in Saha and Nelson in Jan. Spurs finish one point from 3rd place and another champs league appearance.

2012/2013
Levy risks only having two strikers in Dafoe and Adeybayor. This immediately looks like a disaster. A proper center forward is need in Jan to secure champs league football. Lewis Holtby is only player signed. QPR sign Loic Remy for 8 million pounds. Spurs finish one point behind Woolwich for last champs league spot.

I don't think its too crazy to think that not spending 8 million for Remy, for example, cost Levy 25+ million in champs league money this season. (Plus cup sponsor for shirt would have probably paid more)
Well said he had to start trusting his managers. Little bit of trust in harry and different story. He then fosters a dof on avb spends the bale cash on numerous utilty midfielders. (DID WE REALLY NEED CAPOUE AND CHADLI) Fails to question why we are short at lb and upfront. His fingers areron this and no amount of sackable pastys will disguise this.
:levystare::levystare:

Read this and tell me AVB, not Levy is/was the problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ger-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html

I've never called for anyone out before, not Redknapp, not Ade and I was too young to understand the Ramos situation however the man needs to go.

I'm forever grateful for what he's done for the club however his ego and over expectations have arguably cost us our two best managers in recent times.
Lewis you need to ask him to leave, or at the very least keep his head well out of the footballing side and let him handle the finances.
As for the future, who knows? Just please make it a very experienced man with proven success.

The worst part? We're turning into Chelsea. In fact Levy is seeming more and more like a tight arsed version of Abramovic.

Last edited:
Sounds to me levy the problem

Keep bale add hulk and villa and we'll evolve says Avb

So the sell bale and throw a revolution integrating 7 playrrs into his side
:avbshock:

Levy has Littleman syndrome. Loves being the bully, but never once had the balls to back his own convictions!
Sometimes I wish we had Joe's dosh with a Dave Whelan type character looking over us!

we have become a poor man's Woolwich except under levy we finish outside the champions league spots and blame managers for poor transfer activity and lacking some grit to see a project through ala Jol,Redknap and AVB

Daniel Levy in the near future will sign his 9th head coach in 14 seasons. He has employed 3 directors of football, a new technical director (Baldini) which of course is a DOF in disguise. He has purchased 110 football players, that's over four full squads worth, and yet has only brought THFC 1 League Cup in return. Has only qualified for
the Champions League on one occasion in 14 seasons, most likely 15 seasons, and has failed to reach a single FA Cup or European final. He has the worst trophy per season percentage of any THFC chairman since world war 2 despite being the chairman of the richest THFC of all time, with board members worth a combined 4.5 billion fortune! And yet Joe Lewis the THFC offshore tax evader, who has only been seen at White Hart Lane once in 14 seasons, continues to give him full license to fail on the pitch. Lewis is now at his 6th professional football club,
Rangers, Slavia Prague, AEK Athens, Vicenza Calcio, FC Basel and Tottenham Hotspur. The man is a football mercenary and is just waiting for the right time to cash in on THFC. Until such time Daniel Levy on a
2.5 million quid a year salary is being given full license to make THFC the laughing stock of the Premiership... LEVY, LEWIS, ENIC OUT!!!

Soldado is a flop in the Prem, he may not be in the long run, we don't know. But ATM he's a flop as are Defoe and Ade. We have easily the worst strike force amongst the 'big clubs' and arguably it is amongst the six worst in the Prem.
This is actually complete BS. I'd be happy to bet that they will score more goals in open play between now and January 1st in the league than they have all season.

Our problem wasn't our strikers, it was a system that failed to create opportunities for them. I cannot wait to see a game where, instead of taking 20+ swingers from outside the area, we actually create a handful of nailed on chances for our strike force.

Hi DS, I'm glad someone else has noticed how appalling our trophy haul is under ENIC. I've been saying this for over two years now, but most people don't seem that bothered by it. Maybe they will start to get a little irked soon, if not now :)

In the 90s, when according to many, we were 'shit' we managed a trophy once every five seasons, including one FA Cup. Under ENIC when apparently we are much better than we were in the 90s it's one trophy (the most minor of the majors) in 13 seasons. Something doesn't compute there for me. I may have mentioned this several thousand times before, and I'm still very puzzled over it o_O

Back
Top Bottom