Sheffield Utd (Away) - 4pm Sunday 19th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the benefits you say Woolwich would receive…..If we had reached the Champions League wouldn’t our board have backed Ange more in the transfer market ( more money than Europa)…..Wouldn’t us being in the Champions’ League offer more encouragement to prospective players to join us if we were in the Champions’ League as opposed to the Europa?…Wouldn’t our fan base increase?…..Wouldn’t we get better sponsorship deals? All the benefits Woolwich would have had we could have profited from as well. Them being in the Champions League will still benefit….we will not.

:levylol:

If it wasn't for the fact I was listening to the match and knowing the score I would have assumed we were on the end of a 3-0 tanking given some of the posts from the usual suspects
Mate we could’ve won 8 nil and the usual suspects would’ve been whining and complaining.

There will always be posters like that, but thankfully they remain a noisy minority…an irritant, like a mole on the ass of life.

All the benefits you say Woolwich would receive…..If we had reached the Champions League wouldn’t our board have backed Ange more in the transfer market ( more money than Europa)…..
Well they didn't really, even when we reached the FINAL!

Wouldn’t us being in the Champions’ League offer more encouragement to prospective players to join us if we were in the Champions’ League as opposed to the Europa?
I think Ange already said earlier in the season that getting CL WASN'T the be all and end all for THIS season... Progress and instilling values were... Plus he also voiced a skepticism at any player who ONLY wanted to join us to play CL Football - and I tend to agree with him.
I hate the tired old cliché of "I've always wanted to play CL football, and 'hear the music' bollocks from players... You're going to a club cos they offer you more money that the others... THAT'S why we're behind 'certain' other clubs...

I know Newcastle and Chelsea will have to be careful this Summer, but they're still the type/level of clubs WE'RE going to be competing with for players... And maybe THEY'LL get some ahead of us...
it's NOT because the players want Conference League football, is it?

Wouldn’t our fan base increase?…..Wouldn’t we get better sponsorship deals? All the benefits Woolwich would have had we could have profited from as well. Them being in the Champions League will still benefit….we will not.
More red AIA logos everywhere probably!!

Anyway, it's done now.

CL football woulda been nice, but surely it gives us a target (and incentive) to aim for NEXT year.

Arse winning the title stays forever!

As they say, you shit your pants, you can wash them... You shit up the wall, that stuff STAINS much longer!!!!

(Ok, they don't say that!)

Lose a game everyone wants us to lose: complain
Win a game fairly comfortably: complain
Qualify for Europe: complain

You ever thought about a hobby you actually enjoy?
Who is complaining?

You must have so much time, nothing else to do but to watch forum posters

Get a life
Go for a walk
Get a bird
Get a hobby FFS

We missed so many chances in the first half. Foderingham had another good performance against us too.

Still, a win is a win.

Edit - the red card incident. Wow. Cheeky Sheff U fucker.

Edit 2 - can’t believe it got rescinded, was a deliberate knee I thought. But ok, we can carry that tactic to next year, it’s ok to knee an opposition player in the box (fnar).

Last edited:
Have the moaners started a campaign and march on WHL to have Ange sacked yet?
angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

All the benefits you say Woolwich would receive…..If we had reached the Champions League wouldn’t our board have backed Ange more in the transfer market ( more money than Europa)…..Wouldn’t us being in the Champions’ League offer more encouragement to prospective players to join us if we were in the Champions’ League as opposed to the Europa?…Wouldn’t our fan base increase?…..Wouldn’t we get better sponsorship deals? All the benefits Woolwich would have had we could have profited from as well. Them being in the Champions League will still benefit….we will not.
You.....didn't.....win.....the......league......
Get.....the.....fuck......over.....it.......

I read last week it was £52 million and it goes up or down £3 million per place🤷‍♂️

Basically 2 sets of figures going round......

"Every club receives almost £80m in equal share payments - effectively a dividend from the billions made from TV deals across the world - and that is topped up by a basic commercial figure of just under £10m. Clubs are also awarded a facility fee of approximately £900,000 for every game they play live on UK TV.

But the big difference comes in merit payments, awarded on a sliding scale depending on finishing position. Last season, and expected to be close to the same this year, every place was worth £3.1m - ensuring the champions make £62.3m"

One set includes the base 80m equal split that the clubs get from TV rights; one doesn't.....

Then you + 900,00 per game televised in the UK............ Then you get 3.1m for each place in the league. (i.e. 1 x 3.1m for for Sheff U thru to 20 x 3.1m for Man C)

Seems mad though that winners only got 15m more than us...... You'd have thought there'd be a prize pot on top of that just for the champs.

Back
Top Bottom