Season watch: The impact of our team.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good assessment of where we are. Hint: right where we want to be.
Tottenham answering doubters in every respect with win vs. Man City

It's so frustrating that Kane's shooting boots were off for so long. We could be top if he was in last years form.

So hopefully this will have his confidence up. Scoring for England, then for us...

Either way, he starts. He really is a credit to football even without the ball. He's my dream player. Yiddo, steel, determination and no clubbing to 4am on a game day.
:bentley::gio::defoe::mong:

So after the meltdowns of the transfer thread, November rolls around and Spurs are 2 points from 3rd. The team above us, Utd could not score the winner against us, and lucked out where we scored against ourselves. Perhaps their luck will run out away from home?

So far the season is on target. Poch has seemed to have frozen out Townsend in order for Josh Onomah who physically looks set up for the prem after an impressive cameo. More positive hints that we are right to look within rather than the grass is greener.

Midfielders are all getting in on the scoring action this season. Great goals from Alli, Dembele and Kane with lots of width from Rose causing chaos.

Everything is going great. We are winning the games on paper since we beefed up the squad and it looks like Poch is slowly closing the soft wings with Alli and Dier being massive off the ball and Lamela showing the green shoots of confidence.

Enough can not be said about how fit we are. Poch deserves plaudits and I'm sure his hard work will pay off long term.

There has been some dissent from the ranks, reportedly from Townsend but that all points to a fighting attitude. We have been a "nice" team to play against for too long. With bitches bouncing off Alli and Dembele, clutching their faces in agony or watching the ball roll into the net...It's happy days.

I have full confidence in this squad and manager. Judging by the constantly bumped transfer thread, some need convincing about our personnel. On paper Son being out was a disaster. We got through it. Eriksen was out: Alli stepped up. Mason and Bentaleb were out, Alli stepped back. Dier banned for being too hard? Dembele stepped back. Spurs are the musical chairs of pain. No matter who gets to sit down: He's got some arsehole.

Poch was BEAMING (for him) in the post match interview. Very satisfied cute lil smile on his face. He seems to be learning at a faster pace than I suspected. I've based my opinion off him making old mistakes time after time to make us spin our wheels (subbing in Townsend, playing Soldado, playing Chiriches in a back line, making Lennon, Kabs etc Captain etc etc etc) But he's been addressing almost all of my concerns. And we STILL have players like Son and Mason to come back...

Last edited:
So after the meltdowns of the transfer thread, November rolls around and Spurs are 2 points from 3rd. The team above us, Utd could not score the winner against us, and lucked out where we scored against ourselves. Perhaps their luck will run out away from home?

So far the season is on target. Poch has seemed to have frozen out Townsend in order for Josh Onomah who physically looks set up for the prem after an impressive cameo. More positive hints that we are right to look within rather than the grass is greener.

Midfielders are all getting in on the scoring action this season. Great goals from Alli, Dembele and Kane with lots of width from Rose causing chaos.

Everything is going great. We are winning the games on paper since we beefed up the squad and it looks like Poch is slowly closing the soft wings with Alli and Dier being massive off the ball and Lamela showing the green shoots of confidence.

Enough can not be said about how fit we are. Poch deserves plaudits and I'm sure his hard work will pay off long term.

There has been some dissent from the ranks, reportedly from Townsend but that all points to a fighting attitude. We have been a "nice" team to play against for too long. With bitches bouncing off Alli and Dembele, clutching their faces in agony or watching the ball roll into the net...It's happy days.

I have full confidence in this squad and manager. Judging by the constantly bumped transfer thread, some need convincing about our personnel. On paper Son being out was a disaster. We got through it. Eriksen was out: Alli stepped up. Mason and Bentaleb were out, Alli stepped back. Dier banned for being too hard? Dembele stepped back. Spurs are the musical chairs of pain. No matter who gets to sit down: He's got some arsehole.

Poch was BEAMING (for him) in the post match interview. Very satisfied cute lil smile on his face. He seems to be learning at a faster pace than I suspected. I've based my opinion off him making old mistakes time after time to make us spin our wheels (subbing in Townsend, playing Soldado, playing Chiriches in a back line, making Lennon, Kabs etc Captain etc etc etc) But he's been addressing almost all of my concerns. And we STILL have players like Son and Mason to come back...

For once, I agree with you whole heartedly. But you need to stop "taking credit" or talking like you've told everyone so or something. We're all happy for Spurs to be strong and winning again. It isn't because of you that this happened. It's because of Poch and his players.

For once, I agree with you whole heartedly. But you need to stop "taking credit" or talking like you've told everyone so or something.

Why should I not take credit? Who else when the transfer window closed, was delighted with the squad? Happy enough to start a thread about how strong we are?

I've been called a troll for BACKING players. IMO, I'm the true supporter. The twitter moaners, the grass is greener transferbaters are what is wrong with football.

Talking shit about players that make lungbusting runs for us, making memes about Dembele's attacking capabilities, rubbing one out over players we have steamrolled and calling Bentaleb a cunt does not even cause a ripple these days.

I'm STILL sticking my neck out. This could all backfire. Don't claim I am blowing the i told you so horn. This could turn in to me being "ended".

Why should I not take credit? Who else when the transfer window closed, was delighted with the squad? Happy enough to start a thread about how strong we are?

I've been called a troll for BACKING players. IMO, I'm the true supporter. The twitter moaners, the grass is greener transferbaters are what is wrong with football.

Talking shit about players that make lungbusting runs for us, making memes about Dembele's attacking capabilities, rubbing one out over players we have steamrolled and calling Bentaleb a cunt does not even cause a ripple these days.

I'm STILL sticking my neck out. This could all backfire. Don't claim I am blowing the i told you so horn. This could turn in to me being "ended".

We all know some points that you've stood behind are vindicated. The ONLY problem some of the forumers have with you is you keep talking about the same point over and OVER again. We get it; some of the things you said are true. Now's it time to just let it rest and enjoy Tottenham instead of trying to up your own self up. Like I said, this is not a place to talk about your own predictions and successes, but about Tottenham's.

We all know some points that you've stood behind are vindicated. The ONLY problem some of the forumers have with you is you keep talking about the same point over and OVER again. We get it; some of the things you said are true. Now's it time to just let it rest and enjoy Tottenham instead of trying to up your own self up. Like I said, this is not a place to talk about your own predictions and successes, but about Tottenham's.

When people send me hateful PM's, threaten me physically or want to post photos of my wedding...but I'm out of order reminding someone they told me that Lamela, Dembele, Kane and big tough covering midfielders is like supporting A fat Sam team, then I don't think I'm going over the top.

I've been told my footballing opinion is literally the stupidest thing anyone has ever come across on message boards. Constantly reminded that my opinions are so bad, I get banned constantly.

So let's see how it pans out?

Yes I am repetitive/consistent in most cases. And yes complaining about Rose, Townsend, Hudd, Soldado, AVB, Defoe, Naughton, Livermore etc got me banned from the last place. But only after the moderators sour grapes got too embarrassing when it panned out like I warned did they ban me. I did the OPPOSITE of what I am doing in this thread. We were 2nd or 3rd with Defoe around top of the prem scoring charts in November and I started a thread saying AVB would be sacked.

I said relying on the tiny dancers like Lennon, Defoe and questionable mentalities like Hudd will fail long term. Imagine being the mod who laughed at me, looked on as Defoe scored something like 4 prem goals in open play in nearly 2 years for us. I made a bet with some of them...cash that he would not score 20 goals when he was top of the charts.

Would you want me banned? After Lennon went on assist droughts? Townsend zero prem assists in his breakout season? Defoe sold to Canada? AVB sacked? Would you want me around?

Nope. You would claim I'm the biggest troll ever, ban me, then go back to back slapping each other on the back that I'm gone. Then go back to creaming about ITK's and Soldado's Twitter.

I may crash and burn. Dembele may be used as an AM for the rest of the season and score no more goals like the last meme someone posted about him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom